The First Passiflora Championship!

+
The First Passiflora Championship!

!!!THIS TOURNAMENT IS ORGANIZED BY FANS, NOT CD PROJEKT RED!!!

About
The first ever Passiflora Championship for Gwent has arrived! This is going to be a monthly ran tournament with prizes to win!
A Q&A stream will be starting at 20:00 CET Today at
www.twitch.tv/Seraxia

64 players will be given a chance to enter an open single-elim bracket, but only 8 will receive championship points, and top 3 a prize given to us kindly by CD Projekt Red aswell as the top 5 getting 3-month licenses given to us by Xsplit!

https://goo.gl/forms/4UcZy2hIhzBm5hS62

Date & Time
Begins: Saturday 3rd December, 18:00 CET

Format:
1v1

Rules:
Modern Format:

• 1 Deck
  • Minimum of 25 Cards
  • Maximum of 10 cards in Sideboard
    • ​Up to 8 cards can be from your faction.
    • Up to 2 cards can be Neutral.
Passiflora Championship Rules, Terms and Conditions.
(Last edited: 25th November 2016)
1.1 Amendment to Rules

• The Passiflora Championship Admins reserve the right to amend the Rules and Conditions to help keep fair competition
1.2. Eligibility
  • Every Participant must be present on the Discord channel on the day of the Tournament.
  • You must have access to the PC version of Gwent
  • You must check in 30 minutes before the start of the Tournament
2. Prize Rules
2.1 Distribution of Prizes
Prizes are as follows:

• 1ce Place: Gwent Goodie Bag,3 Month Xsplit License and 16 Championship Points
  • 2nd Place: Gwent Goodie Bag,3 Month Xsplit License and 8 Championship Points
  • 3rd Place: Gwent Goodiebag,3 Month Xsplit License and 4 Championship Points
  • 4th Place: 4 Championship Points and a 3 Month Xsplit License
  • 5th Place: 2 Championship Points and a 3 Month Xsplit License
  • 5th and 6th Place: 2 Championship Points
  • 7th and 8th Place: 1 Championship Points
2.2 Prize Payment:
  • Individual Prizes (provided by CD Projekt Red) will be sent as soon as they are available and we have the winners adresses for sending them!
3. General Information
3.1. Game

• The Tournament must be played on the PC Server for Gwent
  • Most recent Patch must be used
  • All cards are allowed
3.2 Tournament Format
  • All matches up to the Final are played in a best-of-three format using the Modern Format Rules.
  • The finals will be played in a best-of-five format using the Modern Format Rules.
  • 1 hour Prior to the tournament you must submit your Decklist and Sideboard cards in Discord to “Seraxia” or via email : SeraxiaGaming(at)gmail.com
  • The first person to win 2 ( or 3 for the finals) games will be the winner of the match.
  • Should a game end without a winner, either in the event of a simultaneous disconnect of both players or being a draw. The game must be replayed.
  • A player leaving the game purposely mid-match will be counted as forfeiting the match
3.3 Vetoes
  • There will be no Vetoes.
3.4 Schedule
  • The tournament will be starting on Saturday 3rd December at 18:00 CET.
  • All matches up to the Quarterfinals must be finished by 23:00 CET on Saturday 3rd December
  • Quarterfinals through to the Finals will Start on Sunday 4th December at 18:CET
3.5 Admins
  • The Admins are: John ”Seraxia” Lloyd
  • You must treat the Admins with politeness and respect at all times.
  • The Admins decision is always final
3.6 Communication
  • Communication between players can be done via the Discord Chat room provided
  • The Passiflora Championship Discord Server will be the formost place to communicate with the Admin team.
3.7 Timekeeping
  • All players must be ready to check in 30 minutes before the tournament starts/restarts.
  • All players must be ready to play 15 minutes before their game starts
4. Game Settings
  • Any In-game settings available are allowed.
5. In-game Rules
5.1 Requirements

• Each player must have a GoG PC Account
  • All games must be played on the GoG PC Server
5.2 Disconnects & Computer Failure
  • If a game is interrupted by a computer, network or software failure. The Game will need to be replayed. If a problem exists, The player/s must report it to the admin before the next game is played.
5.3 Complaints
  • If any player is wanting to make a complain about a game result or anything else, please inform the admins before the next match starts. ( remember to adhere to rule 3.5)
5.4 Punishment
  • If a player is found to be sabotaging the game, other players or admins in anyway shape or form. You will be Disqualified and banned from taking part in any tournaments in the future.
  • If you are found to be disrespectful, or rude to anyone involved in the tournament, admin, player or otherwise- You will be Disqualified and further action may be took afterwards.
5.5 Chatting
  • Keep the chatting between players to a minimum during the game, Preferably all chat will be done before or after any match.
5.7. Bugs, Glitches, Misuse.
  • You are not allowed to abuse any game breaking bugs or glitches. If you are unsure if a “normal mechanic” is close to a abuse - contact an admin.
5.8 Streaming
  • Every player is allowed to stream their games UP to the Quarterfinals, but no further.
  • Your games may be broadcast at any time.
6. Other Rules
6.1 Rule Changes may happen:

• All Admin Decisions are final.
  • If a rule is deemed worthy to be changed ( adhered to rule: 1.1), all players will be informed.
  • If any Game breaking, exploit or otherwise are found during the course of a tournament.
  • If players are suspected to be cheating in any form to fix the results.
  • If there are any excessive delays.
6.2. Third Party Software
  • The use of any third party deck tracking software is strictly prohibited.
Players must report their own scores.

Championship Points will be used at a later date to see who will be invited to special events such as invitationals, show matches and the like.

Contact Info:
Email:
SeraxiaGaming(at)gmail.com
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Seraxia

Relevant Links:
Passiflora Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Passiflora_CS
Discord: https://discord.gg/Yxzzh5r
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/Seraxia

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3945410

I wonder if it will be hosted by the poorly disguised Michael Cera.

Torlaan;n7086390 said:
The sign up form appears to be broken atm.
The link and sign up form seems to be working for me, how is it not working for you, i may be able to help you out!

How is communication via Discord be - text or voice? Because I can communicate through text, but not so much through voice

I love the format. Why, though, the restriction of 8 cards from your faction and 2 neutral? Why not 7-8 of anything?

Why the card limitation ? What is the idea behind that ?

I would have join if it wasn't for that. I'm curious to know why you put such rule, and how it's balance ?

Well, this sucks! I just went to sign up and its already full! lol I'm finally not working the weekend of the tournament, and its a tournament with a format that I like and I can't play! Blast!

bre3zer;n7091190 said:
Why the card limitation ? What is the idea behind that ?

I would have join if it wasn't for that. I'm curious to know why you put such rule, and how it's balance ?

Yeah I really would like to know the thinking behind that, because in my opinion factions with better cards are at an advantage from the get go, Radovid or Eithne are in need of more than 2 neutrals, cheap monster weather on the contrary can rely solely on their own faction. Scoia has the least faction cards on top, like 8 less than NR.

Last edited:
floelein;n7091720 said:
Yeah I really would like to know the thinking behind that, because in my opinion factions with better cards are at an advantage from the get go, Radovid or Eithne are in need of more than 2 neutrals, cheap monster weather on the contrary can rely solely on their own faction. Scoia has the least faction cards on top, like 8 less than NR.

On top of that, CDPR is releasing neutral cards to combat promote and weather. If anything, being to side in neutrals is much more important than siding in faction cards. Your right in that if your faction doesn't have the most competitive cards or even if your faction has a weak match up that would only be made better with more neutrals, these rules on side decks will not help anything.

I am ecstatic that this format is being used though, gwent seems to have the perfect mechanics for this format. I sent Rethaz a personal message three weeks ago suggesting they use this format. He never responded, most likely too busy with more immediate stuff. I'm hoping this tournament is successful.

"How is communication via Discord be - text or voice? Because I can communicate through text, but not so much through voice"

Via Text

"Why the card limitation ? What is the idea behind that ?

I would have join if it wasn't for that. I'm curious to know why you put such rule, and how it's balance ?"

I love the format. Why, though, the restriction of 8 cards from your faction and 2 neutral? Why not 7-8 of anything?

The card limitation is for the Sideboard not the actual deck! The thing to remember is that it doesn't stop you from putting neutral cards into your deck, if you think a certain deck is going to be prominent then you can adjust to it slightly within your actual deck but the sideboard is to give you a way to adjust slightly after seeing what they have. The reason for the amount of neutrals to be limited in the sideboard to only 2 is so you cannot just put in all the various counters into a deck and then swap them in after seeing what people have. You are forced to make decisions in your deck building aswell as doing research on what is currently popular and how to counter it. Which is the kind of tournament scene i personally want to see. People being known for their niche aswell as people making unique counters to what is popular or powerful at any point in time. The one deck with sideboard format promotes this more than other formats.

If things end up needing to be adjusted after feedback ( after the tournament, i will do the adjustments to try and make it as fair as possible) This is our first tournament for gwent afterall!

Yourfacetm;n7091320 said:
Well, this sucks! I just went to sign up and its already full! lol I'm finally not working the weekend of the tournament, and its a tournament with a format that I like and I can't play! Blast!

Sorry to hear! It did fill up rather fast!

<3
Best,
Seraxia

Can you please export Passiflora Championship to Youtube ? To watch 2,5 hours of gameplay without 2x speed is a torture .Also if you agree to it will you be so kind to do it with next broadcasts , thanks. PS <3 love those games especially Eithne vs Eithne

Last edited:
Top Bottom