Aard + weather OP !

+
Aard + weather OP !

Hey guys !

Just bought aard and tried a game to test it, it's look super op !

http://plays.tv/s/L4aWc_GvA_-X

I think the -1 should trigger before the pull and not after (to op with weather...) :eek:

What do you think about aard atm ?

HF !

I was wondering how much time before a thread with that title. i'm surprised it took mroe than 24h, TBH.
And right now I think the same, it should trigger before, not after.
Now, I'm lacking enough experience facing it and seeing other facing it and dealing with it to really judge.

IMO its a very strong combo indeed. And tbh i dont think it makes any sense really. Generally, weather effect is one of the last things on priority chains, but on aard case, it triggers first and than aard damage triggers last, i was quite surprised the first time i saw that combo cleaning up a whole row.

Geralt: AARD + Fog...a glich?

In the Ranked Match there is a strategy that seems impossible to oppose. Many people use the combination "Geralt: Aard + Fog" to eliminate all the units in the first two rows.

In all three last match that I have played the opponents used this strategy to win. What do you think? Seems not very fair to me.

From now on we all need to build a "siege" based deck to play?

Is possible that there is nobody who wants to play to enjoy?

Everybody have lost attributes and wants easy (cheating) win?

Last edited:
Don't know if it's intended. It's not a 100% win move though, my last opponent did it against Queensguard and regreted it afterwards.

Laveley;n7304090 said:
IMO its a very strong combo indeed. And tbh i dont think it makes any sense really. Generally, weather effect is one of the last things on priority chains, but on aard case, it triggers first and than aard damage triggers last, i was quite surprised the first time i saw that combo cleaning up a whole row.

Agree.

It seems almost a glitch to me. I opened a similar thread just a minute ago.

Laveley;n7304090 said:

I wasn't surprised because the devs said this would happen in the stream.

Calm down guys. And probably one thread will be merged with the other if needed.

For the topic itself, I think that's intended by the devs. When i heard the mechanism, I clearly thought it was the other way around because "if it's not that would be ridiculously good", so I was surprised when I heard a bit before the patch that it was confirmed working with damage after weather.

StrykerxS77x;n7304300 said:
I wasn't surprised because the devs said this would happen in the stream.

Didnt watched it. Anyways, still a weird interaction for my eyes. Eventually, they will have to make some sort of priorities rules and i would like to see how they will explain the rather unique priority order of this card.

Killduke;n7304230 said:
I have not noticed. Are you a moderator?
In every your post you need to demonstrate how much boor are you?
Honestly, if someone does the reading for you be nice and say thank you.

idomyownstunts;n7304330 said:
I don't know. It is strong but first light is so ubiquitious I am unsure on it's effectiveness. Time will tell.

Well it's very obvious when they fog with aeromancy for example and that most of your strong units are on the melee row. The thing is, facing ST :
(won the first round, second round)
Aeromancy Fog.
me: uh oh, not letting you Aard there. *cast clear weather right away*
Opponent play skellige storm
me : .... all right, you got the round *pass*
third round, opponent play nature wish
me : I said nope ~ *play clear weather*
A few play later, opponent play aglais-> aeromancy
me : ........... Well, play your Aard, what can I say.

That just illustrate one single fact : a weather+aard deck can do more weather than you'll have clear weather (and for that one, Dbomb cannot do a thing). Usually, you compensate that by casting clear weather only after several weather when facing that type of decks, but here Aard can destroy two rows (not one, two....) if you do not immediately play clear weather. Sooner or later, you'll run out of them before he runs out of weather.
Worse, Aard can be played twice, because renew.
Even worse, the opponent can threaten you with a fog without having Aard in hand, and force you to play and exhaust your clear weather when he's still trying to draw the card from his deck, due to the huge threat that this possibility has.

That''s.... A bit harsh for a combo ImO. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
idomyownstunts;n7304330 said:
I don't know. It is strong but first light is so ubiquitious I am unsure on it's effectiveness. Time will tell.

First light makes things extremely hard for weather decks because so many have 2-3 in their decks. This looks like a nice addition for weather decks and it's a gold which will limit how often you have to suffer this.

Worse, Aard can be played twice, because renew.

with Eithne bounce = push melee in ranged, then rain, then push all ranged into rain and die.

it's really powerfull, not sur it will stay like that too many pple play it already.
Coral + Geralt Aard is also a good combo.

Zefyris;n7304500 said:
That just illustrate one single fact : a weather+aard deck can do more weather than you'll have clear weather (and for that one, Dbomb cannot do a thing).

That's where Quen become very useful as it totally neutralize this combo for the protected units. And if you are playing Keira you can protect a whole row with it.

Gersen;n7304760 said:
That's where Quen become very useful as it totally neutralize this combo for the protected units. And if you are playing Keira you can protect a whole row with it.

if you're playing NR you can also quickly make the important units gold if you want anyway, keira or not. Quen is a bit too much unreliable for the other factions. It only protects one type of unit, every single other on the two rows will die, that's huge

Zefyris;n7304790 said:
if you're playing NR you can also quickly make the important units gold if you want anyway, keira or not. Quen is a bit too much unreliable for the other factions. It only protects one type of unit, every single other on the two rows will die, that's huge

Huge yes, but like a lot of other strong combo it's also situational you have to be able to place it, for it to be "huge" you need :

- To have Aard and at least a weather card in your hand.
- Have weather resistant card or no cards on the targeted row
- Once you play it have your opponent not clear it with clear sky or other cards
- Have your opponent be nice enough to group all his strong cards on a single row
- Hope that your opponent won't protect the strongest units with Quen or promote

And if all those are fulfilled then yes you can use the combo... but let's not forget that it can also be used against you, it makes using weather a potential double edge sword. Actually I wonder if it's not the devs answer to weather decks; if you play weather on all three lanes it means that your opponent can nuke your melee or range row if he has aard in his hand.

Gersen;n7304840 said:
Huge yes, but like a lot of other strong combo it's also situational you have to be able to place it, for it to be "huge" you need :

- To have Aard and at least a weather card in your hand.
- Have weather resistant card or no cards on the targeted row
- Once you play it have your opponent not clear it with clear sky or other cards
- Have your opponent be nice enough to group all his strong cards on a single row
- Hope that your opponent won't protect the strongest units with Quen or promote

And if all those are fulfilled then yes you can use the combo... but let's not forget that it can also be used against you, it makes using weather a potential double edge sword. Actually I wonder if it's not the devs answer to weather decks; if you play weather on all three lanes it means that your opponent can nuke your melee or range row if he has aard in his hand.

I doubt people will put Aard in their decks just in case they face a weather deck.
Skellige now has Coral which gives fog and rain to your opponent but not to you.

Several posts have been deleted. Lets keep the discussion on topic and civilized please. Also, topics merged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom