dimeritium bomb annoying

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
dimeritium bomb annoying

Hey devs this card really unfair especially against monsters because skellige decs players always using this card and already monster cards has low strength. They using resurrect and gain more more point. Weathers becoming useless. At least must work only him/her side

D-Bomb is annoying, sure. But Monsters can easily rob the opponents graveyards. There are several bronze units that do just that. Caretaker let's you even play gold and silver cards from the opponents graveyard. There's no better feeling than using a 20+ Skirmisher against Skellige and win the game...

Of course you have to expect that one of their last two cards is D-Bomb (at least in 3 out of 4 games that is the case...) and play like that. So for example it may be better to only attack units you really can destroy asap because if you just weaken them, D-Bomb will do a reset at the end and make all efforts futile.

There have been many discussions regarding D-Bomb in this forum. As much as I hate this card when I'm playing with Monsters: I don't think D-Bomb should be nerfed. Also keep in mind that you can change the base strength of any unit (your and the opponents) with Mardroeme (+4 or -4). In some cases that can help. And Skellige is strongest in round 3, so it may be better to focus on winning the first two rounds.

Last edited:
devivre;n7342590 said:
D-Bomb is annoying, sure. But Monsters can easily rob the opponents graveyards. There are several bronze units that do just that. Caretaker let's you even play gold and silver cards from the opponents graveyard. There's no better feeling than using a 20+ Skirmisher against Skellige and win the game...

That is a good way to reck Skellige. Even if they don't run Skirmisher (i don't run them) you can steal units so they can't ressurect them later. It hurts them a LOT...

devivre;n7342590 said:
Of course you have to expect that one of their last two cards is D-Bomb (at least in 3 out of 4 games that is the case...) and play like that.

You should expect that if your opponent is Skellige. Especially if they have King Bran as leader. They can fetch it from the deck if they don't have it in hand.

devivre;n7342590 said:
Also keep in mind that you can change the base strength of any unit (your and the opponents) with Mardroeme (+4 or -4).

Yes that is also a possibility. And if you get the base strength to 0 the card will be removed from the game so they can't even ressurect it.

My main faction is Skellige. I also think D-Bomb is annoying but there are a lot of "buff the hell out of everything" decks out there so its kind of a must. My tip is if you play against Skellige try to get the card advantage so they can't play D-Bomb last (saving weather as your last card can be a win condition), force the early rounds so they have to commit a lot (it's kind of easy with Monsters because they have big units and Skellige units are kind of weak in early rounds) or even try to bait out D-Bomb if you can (it's best to do it second round if you have won the first since they have to win the second to have a chance).

Caretaker doesn't ressurect gold units.
D-Bomb as a last turn global reset/ I win card is utterly crippling to any buffing/debuffing strategy. It's for this card alone that you don't see Swallow/ Thunderbolt use except monster consume decks. 1 card canceling 3-5 plays from an opponent is just too good. Current incarnation of D-Bomb is one of the biggest limitations to deck diversity in this game (2nd being the power of weather effects).

Thrawnik;n7343420 said:
Caretaker doesn't ressurect gold units.

Not directly but you can use d-shackles on more or less any gold unit of the opponent and then just take it. There are many many ways to do evil things with Caretaker.

Thrawnik;n7343420 said:
Current incarnation of D-Bomb is one of the biggest limitations to deck diversity in this game (2nd being the power of weather effects).

I partially agree with that statement.
Dbomb is not a issue for me, but it hurt the number of playable deck.
in a "base strength" deck like skellige, it's must have as it counter buff and debuff strat.

what if the current Dbomb is changed to "gold" special card ? and they add "Dsmallbomb" that work only on one row ? or something like that ?
(i'm not sure it's better, just a random thought)

muetdhivers;n7345460 said:
I partially agree with that statement.
Dbomb is not a issue for me, but it hurt the number of playable deck.
in a "base strength" deck like skellige, it's must have as it counter buff and debuff strat.

what if the current Dbomb is changed to "gold" special card ? and they add "Dsmallbomb" that work only on one row ? or something like that ?
(i'm not sure it's better, just a random thought)

as Sk Player i would say yes. I would like it when the dbomb go Gold, then i have a Silver Slot free.

sk Has no Problem to Put the card in a Goldslot, Sk Has so many very good Silver cards and only 6 Slots, so i would think that Sk Deck go stronger with dbomb in Gold.

Imo D- bomb is unfair towards weather effect. I think that the card that nullifies weather effect even though it does not remove weather itself is rather clumsily designed. D- bomb gives all unit warm coats so they can resist weather effect while every new unit is affected by it, illogical.

I think dimeritium bomb is too strong against certain decks. I use a devourer deck with Vran, usually i fear scorch but if they also have dimeritium bomb there is no way to win even if they have crap decks, they just nullifies all my work with 1 card. Seems unfair to me, or i'm forced to play another deck...

CabaL82

Hi and welcome to the forums. If you are looking to discuss D-Bomb, I suggest you continue the discussion in a more recent thread. The current thread was made when D-Bomb had a different effect.

Closing the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom