Resolving ongoing ability timers after second player passes

+
Resolving ongoing ability timers after second player passes

As the title says I find it strange that ongoing timers that are about to expire after the second player passes are not allowed to take effect, instead the game is immediately finished with current result?.

P.S. if there was this topic before I couldn't find it

The timers on units are working correctly. They are decreased at the start of the turn. If an opponent has passed and you pass also, the turn is return to the opponent for one more decrement of the timer.

4RM3D;n7345910 said:
If an opponent has passed and you pass also, the turn is return to the opponent for one more decrement of the timer.

No. If both players pass the round (or game) ends immediately. What you described is when a player doesnt have more cards to play but still didnt passed, than the turn will come back to him one more time and than it will automatically pass ending the round if the other player already passed or returning the turn if the other player doesnt have any cards to play but didnt passed yet.

On short: the round/game will end immediately only when you see the word "passed" above the two players hand.

Hmmm, that's not how I remember it. Mustn't have paid attention then. I'll check it again.

It appears this doesn't apply on Toruviel card since that card activates even though the second player has passed the match. In my recent game my opponent buffed this card with his dragoons up to 21. He passed and I played my last card and then passed automatically and I didn't win but lost due to the fact that this affect is triggered even when the second player passes which should automatically finish the match

P.S. I always liked Necroing threads ;)

Surla;n7468450 said:
It appears this doesn't apply on Toruviel card since that card activates even though the second player has passed the match. In my recent game my opponent buffed this card with his dragoons up to 21. He passed and I played my last card and then passed automatically and I didn't win but lost due to the fact that this affect is triggered even when the second player passes which should automatically finish the match

Considering Toruviel activates when opponent passes, there's no other way to activate her than..opponent passing. Your idea is impossible.

I'd call that an inconsistency on the behalf of the creators, but the game is full of such cases so nothing new....

KasumiGoto;n7468580 said:
Considering Toruviel activates when opponent passes, there's no other way to activate her than..opponent passing. Your idea is impossible.

My understanding was that the games ends when second player passes regardless of any timers or traps in play, any other ongoing timer is ignored so why shouldn't this be as well?

Surla;n7472000 said:
My understanding was that the games ends when second player passes regardless of any timers or traps in play, any other ongoing timer is ignored so why shouldn't this be as well?
Toruviel will activate when the opposing player passes, even if they are the second player who passes.

Surla;n7468450 said:

that's is working completely as intended, toruvial triggers when you had passed.

its just another case of why we need a better way of understanding priorities.

toruvial/cairan both have a priority higher than that of the final totalling of the score at the end of the round, in order for their points to be accounted for.
how else would cairan work then?

cairan has to activate after both players have passed, but before the round ends.
and its the same with toruvial except she only requires one player to pass.

the round does not end IMMEDIATELY when both players have passed.

Last edited:
As you could see in the previous part of the thread, in my opinion, any timer that finishes when the second player passes should be accounted for and then the match should end...

Surla;n7472450 said:
As you could see in the previous part of the thread, in my opinion, any timer that finishes when the second player passes should be accounted for and then the match should end...

so what you are suggesting, is simply for the priority of the timers on cards to be higher than that of the round ending?
sound fine, however it could lead to other priority conflicts.

Lim3zer0;n7472510 said:
so what you are suggesting, is simply for the priority of the timers on cards to be higher than that of the round ending?
sound fine, however it could lead to other priority conflicts.

I don't see any reason why not...

Surla;n7472450 said:

How would Toruviel and Ciaran work then??? And if you have problems with dragoon decks you can just use weather on the row where he placed a suspicious trap.

KasumiGoto;n7476150 said:
How would Toruviel and Ciaran work then??? And if you have problems with dragoon decks you can just use weather on the row where he placed a suspicious trap.

My point is not for them not to work, but any timer or effect that is about to be activated, before the second player passes should be activated and only then should the match end.

Surla;n7485400 said:
My point is not for them not to work, but any timer or effect that is about to be activated, before the second player passes should be activated and only then should the match end.

Come to think of it, what you are suggesting is actually impossible. (without change to turns, not priorities (my bad for mentioning that in another post))

about to be activated, before the second player passes

could you please clarify? All cards with timers tick at the start of your turn, and obviously you pass at the end of it, so its impossible for any card of to tick afterwards.

The only thing i can think of then is allowing one more turn to happen, once both players have passed.

So...

you pass, and have a card with a timer sitting at 1 tick left.
your opponent passes

both players have passed - however, instead of the round ending, the game flips the coin once more, allows you to have one more turn (although you can't play any cards) so that the timer ticks down to 0.

is THAT what you are suggesting?
A post 'both players have passed' turn?

That is just adding unnecessary complexity.
why not just play that card earlier or pass once it had reached 0.
and if you had no more cards to play, well that is too bad, maybe planning ahead a bit more would help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom