Why fix what is working?

+
Why fix what is working?

I was waiting for the same game, with the same cards. Maybe with a better graphic. With an online mode.
I did not understand why you made new songs and abandoned the original songs (which were much more iconic).
In the first singleplayer attempts I faced opponents with a much more powerful deck than mine. I had my ass kicked, of course. What's the fun in that?

You already have the perfect game ready. There is no reason to change what already exists. You should just put the online mode and leave everyone with the same decks.
F* the graphics. F* the animations. That's not what makes gwent fun.

I do not intend to buy this game. Sorry guys.

ah yes... the witcher 3's gwent, where you can just fill your deck with any number of extremely overpowered cards and absolutely crush any opponent you face... okay then.

"iconic" doesn't mean good... that's some good information for you right there.
in singleplayer you don't face opponents, you face the AI. try multiplayer

nope; it was far from perfect. you only think it was perfect because you were pwning AI with your arsenal of overpowered cards. i bet you would feel very differently had you ever played against another player (with more powerful cards than yours)

diovanebr;n7402400 said:
I do not intend to buy this game. Sorry guys.
neither do it, it's a free to play game

because W3 gwent was a solo game and doesnt work in multiplayer ?
good your not buying it, because it's F2P.

the game is actually much better than the one in W3.

First of all this game is free to play. Gwent in the Witcher 3, was designed to be a single player experience. If they didn't rebalance the game for a multiplayer experience it would be horrible to play. Everyone would just be playing spies, decoys and golden cards, and where would the fun be in that? :)

It´s "free". ok

I just showing my thoughts to the developers. I couldn't care less about another player's personal preferences.
I think they fix something that was not broken.

If you like, great! Good for you.

diovanebr;n7403310 said:
It´s "free". ok

I just showing my thoughts to the developers. I couldn't care less about another player's personal preferences.
I think they fix something that was not broken.

If you like, great! Good for you.

The Witcher 3 was too easy, dull and broken. It wouldn't work out.

Original gwent was a decoy+spy spamfest. If you made that thing multiplayer without adjusting nothing, might as well just play "head or tails" because whoever draw more spies would win the game.

The only thing rational about your thread is the music. But certainly on the final release all the original soundtrack and more will be there, they are adding more and more song every patch, so i'm not even concerned about that.

Oh! Hey there. I was just passing through and noticed this thread. I thought I would leave a friendly suggestion to not let it devolve into an off-topic back and forth of personal attacks okay? Or ... you know ... Spike1.jpg

Last edited:
SzymonAtan;n7404040 said:
Mysterious Elf

That card is a good example of why The Witcher 3 Gwent couldn't be a game on it's own without changes.

Both games are fun, but they are different.
TW3 Gwent was fun, but it was just a minigame, a puzzle.
There was not much to do besides playing spies, playing decoys, reviving spies and then vomiting all your cards and finishing with commander's horn on top of it.

I haven't played Gwent in W3 (My PC is too old) but I can imagine why they changed things: a computer player won't mind if you play the same boring abuse deck over and over; a human opponent would.

Really mate? You want TW3's Gwent? Where cards are unique? As in, only ONE person owns the BEST cards?

I compare this game to Hearthstone, because it's the closest thing to it that I've played, and let me tell you, if you have never played it, it's the most frustrating thing, unless you are rich, or can play it for hours every day, because the best, rarest cards are extremely hard to get, and so, if you play against someone who has a couple of those cards, it doesn't matter if you play better, you will lose. And the biggest complain that that game has is that it's pay to win.

Now consider how TW3's Gwent works, the best cards are UNIQUE, you can have as many of them as you want, some cards are essential, don't even lie, if you could have 10 spies in your deck, you would... That doesn't work at all in MP.

Yes, the original game was loads of fun, and yes, this game should take notes on what made it fun, but as this is a MP game, the fun comes from you having fair, hard games, and so it must be as balanced as it can be, because if there are OP things on it, like the original, it's just annoying... *cough cough* Weather + Aard *cough cough*.

Oh, side note, if you don't want people to reply to your post and don't care about their opinions, don't create a post.

Top Bottom