Farewell to Gwent ["I'll be back" (and with a vengance)]

+
Farewell to Gwent ["I'll be back" (and with a vengance)]

First of all, thanks to CD Projekt RED for giving me the chance to participate in this beta. I'm sure that Gwent is going to be a great success. You guys rock…
But after far too many hours of playing this game, I'm sad to say that I'm done with Gwent.
As a hard-core gamer this has not been an overall positive "gaming" experience for me, compared to all the time I've spent playing Gwent, and especially when I’m comparing with the many other competitive games I've played.
The main reason for this, is that while I see progress in my winning rate/chances on most other competitive games, the more time I spend playing and understanding game mechanics, this has not been the case with Gwent (currently in ranked matches, I'm rank 5-level 35 with approx 170 won games vs. 170 losses. And before the new patch and ranked matches I was level 160+ - so I do now a little about this game and don't feel that I should be loosing over 50% of my games.... Even if I suck and make errors sometimes, I still should be able to beat a level 10 (most of the time).
I now all the faction’s mechanics. I played all the current factions strategies and got 200+ of the total cards in the current card pool. (I even played PFI a couple of times – please fix this asap for the sake of all the other Gwent players) and I've enjoyed many hours winning and loosing (after a good battle) but must admit that the luck (RNG) factor in this game is far to great, and for me can lead to great frustration even though this is beta.
And currently with the PFI deck all over the place. Puh...
Lastly thanks to all (non PFI and gold cheese) players I’ve played against. You guys also rocks. I’ve seen so many creative decks and skillful plays that was extremely impressive and inspiring. And for the PFI guys…. Come on…. Inspire please and try just a little to be creative, instead of auto-repeat… You ruined the game for me, as it became so boring doing the same stuff all over again.
I do hope that CD Projekt RED can use the data from all the hours I’ve spent playing Gwent to something valuable, as I tried a lot of different stuff, and would feel that this has all been a waste of time if that was not the case :)

Happy New Year all and happy Gwenting from a former Gwent player…

/Thadew

Just kidding... See you around, mate.

Yeah, loosing sux and i totally understand why you are lefting. However, dont put the blame on the game; This game doesnt have too much rng that you claim it has. Also, PFI isnt nearly as good as you probably think it is.

I'm getting to the point where i'm willing to accept a forfeit in ranked to avoid playing people that abuse PFI. It's not fun to face even if I can shut it down. I would rather give them a win and move on because they aren't worth wasting my time on. The lack of creativity blows my mind. Kudos to the people that think outside the box and manage to win with unique strategies. As for the PFI spammers, thanks for making the game worse off for everyone.

Worst news? There will always be players who get the unlucky end of the stick

Bad news? balance will probably get worse when Nilfgaard rolls in

Good news? We are still in beta.

Better news? CDPR has been sending out a new patch approx every 14 days

Best news? Odds are high the game will be swell by launch

Maybe a little too high opinion of your own level of play don't allow you too see what you do wrong ?

I totally agree on the RNG part of gwent, for me it's a little too much, but that the case in almost all card game.

i now only play deck that cycle completely, so i always play all my card (and ciri dash 2 or 3 time) to reduce that rng.

PFI is weak, you dont see any PFI after rank 7 (even the high 6 doesnt see PFI anymore) adapt, play a good deck, PFI are freewin.

Is getting unplayable,i like to have many cards in deck , with special abilities have nice random gameplay
But is imposible
Everyone is playing same tricks weathers adrenaline rushes scorch
Every game is becoming same
Is it rank so important to sacrifice fun?

When I started losing, however angry I was, I knew that the mistake was in me, not in the game. Left PFI and other cheesy strategies and now it's fun :)

Thadew;n7413320 said:
As a hard-core gamer this has not been an overall positive "gaming" experience for me, compared to all the time I've spent playing Gwent, and especially when I’m comparing with the many other competitive games I've played.

you do realize what "beta" means... right?
signing up for a beta means helping them test the game and provide feedback; you're not here just to play the game before everyone else.

the "gaming experience" in gwent is far from settled; hell, we don't even have one of the factions yet...

Yeah I hear you. I probably also overracted after getting spanked 10+ games in a row :)
So I'll change my farewell to "I'll be back" (and with a vengance), after a little break and following whats going to happen with future patches.

Introduction of Nilfgaard will be very interesting I guess and might shake things up a lot.

Cannot change my org title though, which is kinda misleading now. Sorry for that

Nice, that you've admitted your mistake :) Not many can do that
I guess we all know what it feels like when you think you have really good decks but keep losing. My recommended solution for this is to make a new deck - an original one or plainly crazy one. Maybe you don't win but at least you have fun. I have one really dumb deck that loses 90% because it's really weak but it's hillarious to watch someone forfeit when it actually works :D

I've been playing the beta for two weeks(addicted) new to the forums... What does PFI and RNG stand for?

drmalice;n7420900 said:
What does PFI and RNG stand for?
PFI: Poor Infantry cards (just ignore the F). RNG: Random Number Generator (referring to the card-drawing systems, I believe).

Top Bottom