New Match Type

+
New Match Type

The current match modes ranked and casual are fun but the first 10 card hand are mostly luck of the draw and it is fun to win with a bad draw but it isn't always fun when you have 4 gold and 6 silver and by the end of the match still having those cards in your deck which is pretty bad luck, but it has happened.

The new match type would be normal except for the first 10 card draw which is set to 1 gold 3 silver and 6 bronze, and if you swap out a gold card it is replaced by a gold, same goes for silver and bronze so both sides have the same types of cards in the first round. Both sides get 4 redraws and after that, the remaining cards are shuffled and continue as normal from there.

This could allow deck plays that use certain gold, silver or bronze cards to work more frequently and it could be fun to see strategies to make your opponent use their gold or silver early.
What do you think? Just as an each match mode.

Don't make a deck that's built on "drawing good cards in the first hand".
But your suggestion is quite good. Because it can really piss one off if the RNG gives you all bronzes and the opponent gets 3 golds and 4 silvers in his opening hand. I also had an idea of something similar. Make the draw random but so that the players have the same quality cards in their hand. That would however tell you something about your opponent and it would be too unfair because you would always know how many golds/silvers he has in his hand.

neat idea, however any different game mode will highlight strategies and combos that you don't usually see in regular games.
and as its a different gamemode, no card will be changed to work there, without disrupting the balance in regular Gwent.

Right now? decks like PFI will have even more success because they are able to draw their critical win conditions early on.
(although I do expect the PFI strategy to be nerfed)

But I don't think it would make PFI more successful, PFI needs multiple revive two which are gold cards but if the opponent only has 1 at the start they don't have a granted way of winning the second or even third round. Plus because if you swap a bronze card you will receive a bronze you have more of a chance to get Mardroeme out into your hand if your facing a NR deck. But again that is for this type of game mode.
I just mainly think it could be a neat mode to face an opponent knowing they too only have 1 gold, 3 silver and 6 bronze in there hand.

I think the different match type idea is good, but I don't think your idea would turn out to be fun. You might as well have a match mode where you choose your starting cards. But that's get super boring--it doesn't matter what else you have in your deck really, and everyone will run the same top meta methods. RNG diversifies methods, and makes you think more, instead of being so formulaic.

Miatrix;n7446680 said:
I think the different match type idea is good, but I don't think your idea would turn out to be fun. You might as well have a match mode where you choose your starting cards. But that's get super boring--it doesn't matter what else you have in your deck really, and everyone will run the same top meta methods. RNG diversifies methods, and makes you think more, instead of being so formulaic.

Everyone is already using the top meta method in ranked at least, casual it's different there are a lot more experimental builds plus the game is getting a bit boring as well. When so much RNG in a game skill is overtaken by luck.

But an extra mode would help and it doesn't even have to this one it could even be 2 v 2. A mode were you and a friend vs 2 others so not only do you have to think about your hand but how your hand works with your teammate, like would frost hurt my opponent or my teammate.

That's great! Or at least, change both of side draw a same quality card.

Opponent have 1 gold card so we also have 1 gold card and so on.

Sometime, I feel not fair when my opponent have all 4 gold card and I have nothing.

I feel the same when I have a gold card but my opponent didn't.

DEERCG;n7446880 said:
I feel the same when I have a gold card but my opponent didn't.

I get that same feeling, plus I feel bad when I vs a level 2 and i'm playing gold cards that cost 800 scrap and they only have Geralt.

Top Bottom