Fire based spells and characters synergie (opinion)

+
Fire based spells and characters synergie (opinion)

This might just be me, but I find it a bit weird that igni (or other fire based ability’s if there are any) deals damage to enemy’s that have a fire aspect: (lesser) fire golem, (lesser) fire elemental.
I was thinking that those fire based characters should be immune to igni or maybe even get enhanced (with 1 point) by igni.

I can see why this hasn’t been done yet with the previously named monster cards (they all spawn extra cards) and igni being unable to affect them could be OP but still...

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Scorch immune units, interesting... Though those units should be balanced somehow, like not being able to receive any buffs. I do wonder how this will work gameplay-wise. Does Igni skip the target and goes to the 2nd highest? I suppose that would be the most logical.

On the subject of lore-wise aspects, those golems shouldn't be affected by Witcher's potion either. I mean, how can they drink it? They have no digestive tract.

What if we change Igni and scorch like this:
  • Igni:
    • The player will be able to choose where he applies is (card is playable on both friendly and enemy side of the battlefield)
    • The card will destroy the highest card in that row (or the 2 highest card when the highest card is a “scorch immune unit”)
    • Fire based enemy’s will get a 1 point strength bonus when igni is applied on their row
  • Scorch: will attack the 2 highest card on the battlefield when the highest card is a “scorch immune unit”

I guess only fire elemental would have this ability so it seems like an overall boost to breeder decks. Nonetheless I don't really like the idea.

KasumiGoto;n7461430 said:
I guess only fire elemental would have this ability so it seems like an overall boost to breeder decks. Nonetheless I don't really like the idea.

It is indeed a boost to breeder decks but not as much a you would expect, deffinitly if this only affects (lesser) fire golems and (lesser)fire elementals. Both of them spawn extra units but those units only have 1 strengt. If you would want to breed them, you would wait with extra buff's until afther you have bred them leaving a rather big window for your adversairy to use a venom/laccerate card and erradicate all of you (spawend and breeded) units.

I do not want to deal with the headache of elemental resistances in this game. scorch and igni are just a representation for a kill spell. weather its fire or ice or lollypops is unimportant even if in some cases it doesn't make sense.

as far as having scorch immune cards other than gold cards. well I'd have to see a specific example to judge if it made sense to me or not, but just because the spell implies its fire based and an enemy is fire based isn't a good enough reason for me.

To me, the problem with an idea like this is, if you go down this rabbit hole there are too many interactions that would have to be taken into account and the game becomes a bunch of exceptions (it does X to A unit, Y to B units, Z to C units, etc).

Examples:
Doesn't Swallow kill a non-mutated human? Would you have to have used a Mardroeme on a human before you could use Swallow on one?
Wasn't the Golem in W1 animated by Lightning (not killed)?
Higher Vampires like Regis are also fire/heat immune (as in books, not sure about game references).
Witchers are generally on the Path alone, so why do they have Muster?
Many monsters are immune to poison, like Manticore's Venom.
How can Venom even harm a construct like a Siege Tower?
etc. et. al.

Guest 3992060

It's a good idea, but it would surely make the gameplay more complicated and I'm not sure whether REDs want that on the early stages of the game. Even so, if your idea was to be implemented, I think we would need mirror cards for Igni and Scorch that would work on fire affinity units.

rajule
Well, the OP's idea is logical since e.g. Drowner, as water affinity unit, is immune to rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately staying loyal to lore is impossible when it comes to card games.if the game would stay completely loyal to the lore,then i guess nilfgaard would be by far the best faction since they just kicked everyones ass in the books and games.

to give though my more specific idea for an interaction between cards,as the guys above me already did,geralt aard and geralt igni shouldnt be able to kill any dragon units,since witchers dont kill them :D.

Top Bottom