Please make something similar to Gwent tracker built in to game

+
Please make something similar to Gwent tracker built in to game

I don't think I am the only one that would like similar function when playing on my Xbox

I don't think trackers should be allowed period. It is something that players should be expected to do in their heads. They need to encrypt the games data at all stages. Without encryption it would be very easy to make cheating scripts for this game. No one will want to play this when the top 1000 players are there because they are using software to help them make decisions/cheat.

Plus as you have pointed out, it puts console players at a huge disadvantage if it is allowed to continue.

Also, programs like these are a huge security risk. Running it once is enough to install a persistent key logger on your computer that will do a lot worse than just steal your GOG credentials.

IAxiiYourMother;n7466570 said:
Also, programs like these are a huge security risk. Running it once is enough to install a persistent key logger on your computer that will do a lot worse than just steal your GOG credentials.

Decktrackers only read information that are worked with in the RAM. It dont is any security risk at all if it's made the right why. These programs dont need passwords and don't interact with the game itself.

Well I was against trackers in the beginning because keeping track of your cards is a skill of the player I think.
People that use trackers can't make a miscalculation like people without it can. So CD PROJECT RED needs to either make the trackers not work or inpliment it in the game so everyone have the same chance

We do not plan to release any official deck trackers. The existing one is not officially supported by the game and users are using it at their own risk -- it's a 3rd party software so we can't take any responsibility for it.

I don't think trackers should be allowed period. It is something that players should be expected to do in their heads. They need to encrypt the games data at all stages. Without encryption it would be very easy to make cheating scripts for this game. No one will want to play this when the top 1000 players are there because they are using software to help them make decisions/cheat.

The logic behind your argument doesn't hold up. “...players should be expected to do in their heads.”, if I use a pencil and paper to track my cards I am no longer strictly using my mind to do this, the only difference between this and a 3rd party program carrying out this process is one is analogue and the other digital, they both achieve the same end of empowering the player to make an informed decision on their gameplay.

Sure you can make the argument that the onus shouldn't be on the player-base to be required to download and use a 3rd party program for a perceived game play advantage but then what's to stop themselves doing it physically with a notepad?

In regards to programs using scripts to cheat I wholeheartedly agree that these should be curtailed and chances are they already have a client to server process in place that scans incoming communication from the game's client and flags anything suspicious that wasn’t included in the games engine by CDPR themselves.

Established titles such as Hearthstone haven't had any issues with 3rd party programs enabling cheating through malicious communications via the game client and i'd assume the client to server transfer process is based on a universal code library CDPR were already aware of when they were at the software planning stage of development with the game client.

This applies to any software from an open source that you or anyone else chooses to download and comes down to personal diligence of their own PC's security, to suggest that every & all deck trackers carry key loggers is at best disingenuous.

Koaalar.424;n7475020 said:
I hope CDPR finds a way to prevent deck trackers from working. imho it's just a way of cheating.

Could you expand on why you believe keeping track of the cards one plays is strictly cheating, as mentioned above if I do this myself with a pencil and paper am I now cheating?

Last edited:
Koaalar.424;n7475390 said:
Oneer no, because then you are doing it yourself and don't let it be done by a program.

I'm afraid I don't see how a program that only carries out the same process that a player can do manually themselves is considered cheating, please correct me if i'm wrong but I get the impression that you feel it's an unfair advantage because it requires you to acquire a resource outside the scope of the game's client itself which is a valid point in of itself but it's not objectively cheating.

If said program were to scan the current board state, calculate and recommend a card to be played on your turn I would agree this to be cheating because at this point you can no longer emulate this and the program itself is playing for you, data such as cards one has remaining in their deck regardless of how it's acquired is meaningless in a vacuum without a players input to interpret said data.

If you do it yourself with P&P you have to write it down yourself, invest some time in it which shortens the time you have to think about your move. You can make mistakes ( e.g. forget a special that got copied or sth similiar) and so on. A third party program keeps track of everything automatically in an instant wihtout making mistakes. All you need to do to keep track of the game is quick glance without doing ANYTHING yourself. For me, this shouldn't be possible in a card game. There's a reason many card games forbid you to look at played cards. Keep track of it in your head, write it down, but do it yourself and don't use a program for it.

I agree with you on the point that a deck tracking program provides the objective advantage of time saved since it's automated & done without error, ultimately it will come down to CDPR to decide if they want to eliminate this aspect of the game by blocking 3rd party software from accessing RAM.

Oneer;n7476000 said:
...by blocking 3rd party software from accessing RAM.

Not possible; not without being invasive. Better not go that far. As long as the tracker doesn't 'hack' anything, it should be okay.

4RM3D;n7476200 said:
Not possible; not without being invasive. Better not go that far. As long as the tracker doesn't 'hack' anything, it should be okay.

Interesting, being a web developer myself I don't have enough background knowledge in software development to comment on how CDPR would go about it if they were to decide if they didn't want players to utilise tools like this.

I'm trying to think of a CCG that either blocks or tracks & actively infracts accounts for using trackers and similar tools, having come from playing HS since 2014 i've used a tracker on & off there with no issues given Blizzard's stance on it was if it's doable with P&P it's cool with us.

CDPR can't really stop something like this unless it is doing something to the game code and changing how things work. That said, I think the question should boil down to this:

Would CDPR allow in an official tournament? If no, then you probably shouldn't use it in casual play either.

Treamayne;n7476770 said:
CDPR can't really stop something like this unless it is doing something to the game code and changing how things work. That said, I think the question should boil down to this:

Would CDPR allow in an official tournament? If no, then you probably shouldn't use it in casual play either.

Considering they allow it in casual, I don't think it'd be different in tournaments.

I honestly can't see a single reason to add this kind of tracker to the game, it's a card game, your only tool besides your hand should be your brain, if you can't keep track of the cars used, even having a graveyard you can check in(almost) any moment, the problems is yours. If they added it, you would be either killing the fun for the ones who actually enjoy doing it by themselves or giving the ones who use the tracker an unfair advantage.
A big NO to this feature.

Yoma36;n7466600 said:
Decktrackers only read information that are worked with in the RAM. It dont is any security risk at all if it's made the right why. These programs dont need passwords and don't interact with the game itself.

It's not open source so how do you have any idea of what it is doing? Also, the developer stated that he doesn't want to scan or parse memory so it is more likely he is grabbing the information from packets.

Koaalar.424;n7475750 said:
If you do it yourself with P&P you have to write it down yourself, invest some time in it which shortens the time you have to think about your move. You can make mistakes ( e.g. forget a special that got copied or sth similiar) and so on. A third party program keeps track of everything automatically in an instant wihtout making mistakes. All you need to do to keep track of the game is quick glance without doing ANYTHING yourself. For me, this shouldn't be possible in a card game. There's a reason many card games forbid you to look at played cards. Keep track of it in your head, write it down, but do it yourself and don't use a program for it.
A simple checklist app on a mobile/tablet can pretty much do the same thing with no extra time investment.
So, essentially it comes down to whether you would use something like that or a tracker tool or your own memory.
To me, it makes no difference which way you track it, and it definitely doesn't feel like cheating, as you're only tracking your own deck.
This is just my opinion though.

Top Bottom