PFI gold rush deck

+
PFI gold rush deck

Look, i'm sorry you didn't draw Shani and got crushed by my monster minion deck with only one legendary.

I mean, it's a card game. You're going to get unlucky sometimes, that's the whole idea about a game based on drawing the right cards at the right time.

No need to storm off forfeiting after I needed to play my final card to win anyways. And please, give me my deserved GG reward as I just gave to you.

You're using one of the best decks in the game right now yet you have attitude when losing? C'mon man... I realize I don't know 100% if you're actually mad but it sure seems that way.

No need to leave mad, just leave.

rant over/

Assuming (s)he reads the forums and assuming (s)he cares, even then this post is... iffy.

Link3933;n7471730 said:
No need to leave mad, just leave.

How do you know (s)he is mad to begin with? A lot of people just forfeit when they realize they cannot win, even if it's the final card. You should get used to it.

Link3933;n7471730 said:
You're using one of the best decks in the game right now yet you have attitude when losing?

PFI, one of the best decks? Not by a long shot. It's easy, straightforward and relatively cheap. Because of that, it had a short surge in popularity. That's about it.

4RM3D;n7472100 said:
Assuming (s)he reads the forums and assuming (s)he cares, even then this post is... iffy.

I'm afraid that's not for you to decide as you don't speak for everybody, but you're entitled to an opinion all the same. This post is more of a rant about sportsmanship (for what it's worth in an online game), it's not meant to be a "high quality" discussion but hopefully to serve more as a PSA.

4RM3D;n7472100 said:
How do you know (s)he is mad to begin with? A lot of people just forfeit when they realize they cannot win, even if it's the final card. You should get used to it.

Please re-read my post, I already acknowledged I can never be 100% sure. I would say probably. I should have been more clear about the forfeit part though. I played my last card commanders horn to win. Opponent forfeited after I played the final card. The match is over, you can't forfeit when you already lost but of course the option is still there if you can't wait the ~5 whole seconds for the score screen and to send a GG.

Dude didn't forfeit because he was way ahead before I played the last card. Just wait a few seconds and send a GG, it was a good match after all! Came down to the last card.

4RM3D;n7472100 said:
PFI, one of the best decks? Not by a long shot. It's easy, straightforward and relatively cheap. Because of that, it had a short surge in popularity. That's about it.

It's a good deck. I'm not a top 100 player, not even top 1000. Still pretty new at the game but at my level I think it's safe to say PFI is pretty strong, stronger than my current monsters deck.

What's your level? What would be a competitive deck at the level you play at?

Link3933;n7472810 said:
What would be a competitive deck at the level you play at?

The reason Poor Infantry isn't played on the higher levels is because it can be easily countered (and it's predictable). The top is dominated by Radovid control and ST ambush. Both decks are more expensive and require more skill. You can't just blindly play your hand. Instead you have to react on the opponent's play or, in case of ST ambush, even predict his moves.

Come on, Link3933 don't be upset. If they are not nice to you, it does not mean you have to be mean to them. Keep it cool and be good regardless of what other people are like.

A lot of people forfeit if they can't win anymore. I do too.
No point wasting more time staring at a defeat then necessary and get even more demotivated because of it. (It ain't fun)

It's impossible to know the state of your opponent though, as there is no way to communicate other then morse code by highlight card in your hand. (And not everyone knows morse code or for that matter binary, I guess.)
I'd advice to assume the opponent is always either neutral or having a good time. It's the best we can do.

In general though, PFI (and to some extend scoia'tael) is getting a lot of flack nowadays. Best keep that in mind. (Not saying that was so in your case. Again, no way to know.)

Either Way, sounded like you had a good match. And most likely your opponent had a useless last card.
So congratulations on your win.
:hatsoff:

Top Bottom