3rd round improvement

+
3rd round improvement

In my many hours of playing gwent I came across the situation where both players play all their cards in the 2nd round and they go into the 3rd hopping to top deck their opponent. It is bassically the luck of the draw that decides who won and who lost. This situation is frustrating for the player that loses and it is not rewarding for the player that wins. My suggestion is to make it so both players draws 2-3 cards( in this situation) so the result doesnt feel that random.
Just some thoughts to consider guys. :)

When I just started playing Gwent (and joined the forums) I also made a post about that. In retrospect it's something that's part of the game. It's also possible both players go all out in the first round, making the second round basically a game of luck decided by who draws the better cards. The exact opposite is also possible. Both players quickly pass a round, resulting in round three with a full hand. Giving players another three cards is too much. Even more so because the deck is already so small.

IAlexander;n7473010 said:
In my many hours of playing gwent I came across the situation where both players play all their cards in the 2nd round and they go into the 3rd hopping to top deck their opponent. It is bassically the luck of the draw that decides who won and who lost. This situation is frustrating for the player that loses and it is not rewarding for the player that wins. My suggestion is to make it so both players draws 2-3 cards( in this situation) so the result doesnt feel that random.
Just some thoughts to consider guys. :)

It's good as it is. Overwhelming in round 2 to use al cards and then loose in round 3 only while you dont have creatures is bad play and deck building.

He meant it only for the situation when none of the players has any cards. Which I consider very unlikely, because if you won round 1, you can push in round 2, however, keeping some cards for 3 is very smart and convenient. It is just part of the game and you should know about it and make your plans accordingly.

Making good use of round 3 does have to do with strategy, if you make your opponent play all his cards I'm round 2 and you've still got a card or two left your probably going to win

Top Bottom