Aeromancy + Aglais

+
Aeromancy + Aglais

Half of the games we face Scoia'tael decks
Every game we face Aeromancy and then Aglais (and some games we also see Aard)
And there is a solution for this problem - BANISH Aeromancy, like Decoy or Nature's Gift
Yes, I do understand, that's was a game mechanic for Scoia'tael and e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c

But right now it's a problem
Huge one

Then why not solve it and simply banish this card from the graveyard, leaving just played weather (frost, fog, rain)
On one hand, enemy wouldn't got a chance to block 2 rows at the same time
On the other - if you use Clear Skies, he can recast weather
Not so hard nerf
Still, it would be a salve for wounds of thouse, who was outplayed with Decoy+Nature's Gift (second Decoy) + Yaevinn + Scoia'tael race passive and helplessly watching, as his 2 of 3 rows are covered with weather

Thank you for reading this topic and your future suggestions
P.S. : imho, all thouse who gonna protect the current state of things are just users of this strategy and are afraid to lose their rate with some other strategies
P.S.S.: yeah, I am a hater =)

RussianMew;n7522000 said:
Half of the games we face Scoia'tael decks
Every game we face Aeromancy and then Aglais (and some games we also see Aard)
And there is a solution for this problem - BANISH Aeromancy, like Decoy or Nature's Gift
Yes, I do understand, that's was a game mechanic for Scoia'tael and e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c

But right now it's a problem
Huge one

Then why not solve it and simply banish this card from the graveyard, leaving just played weather (frost, fog, rain)
On one hand, enemy wouldn't got a chance to block 2 rows at the same time
On the other - if you use Clear Skies, he can recast weather
Not so hard nerf
Still, it would be a salve for wounds of thouse, who was outplayed with Decoy+Nature's Gift (second Decoy) + Yaevinn + Scoia'tael race passive and helplessly watching, as his 2 of 3 rows are covered with weather

Thank you for reading this topic and your future suggestions
P.S. : imho, all thouse who gonna protect the current state of things are just users of this strategy and are afraid to lose their rate with some other strategies
P.S.S.: yeah, I am a hater =)

Haha...Aglais can't use this special card,can't use that special card,Why not delete aglais directly?Agais is not strong at all,please have a look at “Shani resurrect baron then Priscilla or King of Beggars” first.Agais had been nerfed too much!!!!!!I use Aeromancy,but Griffin can steal it,so my Aglais had no special card to play,then I lost the game.

Last edited:
Meh, next time try to type something smart
Like "Let's wipe all cards and play Witcher chest with race skins instead"
It can be smart and funny* (try it, it's not so hard, just use your head*)

Now, please*, go flood in other discussions

well the truth is that ST are bending the meta of the game to their playstyle and its been going like this for a while already (even before the First Light/Rally spam update)

ST abundance in higher tiers is the reason why decks that want to compete with them are forced to adapt the same playstyle: thin the deck in the first two rounds and then spam gold cards in the last round

while its not exactly a good thing its possible to work around it, Gwent even if in beta offers a whole lot of tools for counterplay and teching against all kinds of decks

back to Aglais/Aeromancy cheese: First Light is obviously not a solution since ST will likely be ahead on card advantage to seal the game with the weather effect, so you can only do the same thing they do: keeping gold cards for the last round

obviously ST will have better chance of drawing gold cards with their deck being reduced to 4-5 cards after they are done spamming mercenaries but most factions have stronger raw power on their gold cards (Shani, Bloody Baron, Hjalmar, Caranthir, Woodland Spirit, etc...)

also there are some bronze unit-reliant decks that should do well vs Aglais ST strategy such as skellige siege row Light Drakkar buff/ress deck

It's not only aglais, it's many things that Scoiatel uses (easy deck thinning,easy card advantage, iorveth, milfa, easy power with hawker healer, agile units etc.) Don't worry, some nerfs are bound to happen, the only downside is we will have to endure this meta for god knows how much longer. We don't have any reveals or announcements about the next patch

Aeromancy with Aglais can be quite powerful and stressful at times, but I don't think making Aeromancy banished after one usage is a proper nerf. From another thread, a player made the suggestion of Aeromancy shouldn't be able to spawn a base weather card. In other words, using a griffin to steal Aeromancy will prevent Aglais from further using it. At the moment, it's not possible due to Aeromancy spawning the actual weather card and having it placed in the graveyard. Of course, there could be further discussions about why in the world most of the elves are Agile in the first place

kietmac123;n7522390 said:
Aeromancy with Aglais can be quite powerful and stressful at times, but I don't think making Aeromancy banished after one usage is a proper nerf. From another thread, a player made the suggestion of Aeromancy shouldn't be able to spawn a base weather card. In other words, using a griffin to steal Aeromancy will prevent Aglais from further using it. At the moment, it's not possible due to Aeromancy spawning the actual weather card and having it placed in the graveyard. Of course, there could be further discussions about why in the world most of the elves are Agile in the first place

Because that was their special ability in Gwent.

topic, ST doesn't have huge numbers, if they try to stack one row for Hawker Healer one Lacerate will kill most of it. The faction relies on special, not on raw power, and if Aeromancy gets banished then Aglais will be able to revive just bronzes and silvers like Scorch which barely anyone uses - useless.

LadyAly;n7522380 said:
Well - its hard to stay on a wit and still constructive way in this matter. I guess there are 10+ or more threads about it.And no - its not my main deck.
There are really some ways to counter them effectively - like this deck btw.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/9930-how-to-counter-swims-deck-101

I hate the PFI and make out of cheese gold more then ST tbh.

so your solution to an OP card is another OP card?

About the post who said griffin counters aeromancy, it takes 2 griffins to counter aeromancy, and it still leaves scorch for aglais re-cast ( make it 3 times with eithne, 4 with nature's gift)- if one uses griffin, 3 are the minimum...

how about making aeromancy work like dagon and dual weather cards?
bring out the weather without generating 2 specials cards

geok1ng;n7524830 said:
so your solution to an OP card is another OP card?

About the post who said griffin counters aeromancy, it takes 2 griffins to counter aeromancy, and it still leaves scorch for aglais re-cast ( make it 3 times with eithne, 4 with nature's gift)- if one uses griffin, 3 are the minimum...

how about making aeromancy work like dagon and dual weather cards?
bring out the weather without generating 2 specials cards

Aeromancy is a special. Frost is a special/Fog/Rain. = 2 specials
Dagon isn't a special.
Dual weather is one special.
So I can't see why would they work the same.

Aglais doesn't bother me, Milva on the other hand is far more OP is several ways.... 8 base strength and can be used to gain card advantage with roach or when opponent has nothing on board, besides that she also gains double card advantage by removing opponents best card after he passes because Scoi can always keep card advantage in the end-game.

RussianMew;n7522000 said:

I apologize for the following. What for a stupid sentence is that? You know you're writing in a forum? It's used to hear different opinions not get confirmed by other People.

infringer;n7522320 said:
It's not only aglais, it's many things that Scoiatel uses (easy deck thinning,easy card advantage, iorveth, milfa, easy power with hawker healer, agile units etc.) Don't worry, some nerfs are bound to happen, the only downside is we will have to endure this meta for god knows how much longer. We don't have any reveals or announcements about the next patch
Wins the internet :victory:

Hahaha

These complaints are largely the same as pre-nerf Phillipa. A last turn move that can almost completely wipe out an opponent's strength, only Aglais is way more versatile than Phillipa is.

Top Bottom