So Igni is the new Scorch is the new Aard?

+
So Igni is the new Scorch is the new Aard?

Literally (in the literal sense ;)) in every match this evening at some point Igni was played against me, I hate this card - again, literally. It kills most of my decks and there really isn't anything you can do against it other than play ST where you can just barely scatter your troops across the rows without hitting 20 anywhere.

I am not saying it should get nerfed or something but it's another point why I made the counterspell thread. Lack of variety is hurting gameplay and fun and I refuse to play ST just to combat this. Or strike my former sentence, maybe nerf Igni a bit so that it only triggers when 40 or more points are on the row, I have a feeling that people would then replace Igni rather quickly with something different ;)

I am not alone as I just found out, according to this polish survey Igni is the most hated card: http://mmo24.pl/gry/mmorpg/wyniki-a...ncje-polskiej-spolecznosci-grajacej-w-gwinta/

[h=3]Najbardziej znienawidzona karta? / Most hated card[/h]
To pytanie było opisowe i niestety nie mam prostej statystyki, ponieważ różnie wpisane Igni, Geralt: Igni, Geralt Igni to dla systemu trzy różne odpowiedzi, więc podam przybliżone wartości.
  1. Geralt Igni – nie dziwie się, za każdym razem jak przeciwnik ją zagrywa to z setek gardeł słychać krzyk rozpaczy i soczystą, polską %@#(!
  2. Bomba Dwimerytowa – jak wyżej! (Dimetirium Bomb)
  3. Inne: Pożoga, Nobilitacja, Trzy Kawki (Villentretemeth), efekty pogodowe, Filippa

I think Igni is somewhat fine. It has 2 weaknesses: one is Gold or potentially low strength cards (could be ST and NR decks) and the other one is spread numbers (even if they are on the same row).
So it can potentially be strong but it can also be a "dead" card in some cases. It might need some tweaks but imo Geralt:Aard needs some changes first before they change Igni.

I don't think there are any reasons to change Igni. I just need to make sure that there is always one higher point card in a row, so that all cards doesn't get destroyed if/when Igni hits. If that row goes over 20 points.

It is so easy to play around igni, and not only with Scoia. If you play NR or Skellige you can even get benefits from opponent's igni. But no, nerf igni, it is so op... ech...

There is so many threads, posts etc that weather is op, igni is op, ard is op. And you know what? Most of those statements come from begginers, which do not know how to smartly play Gwent, do not have experience and knowledge about how to deal with mentioned cards. And honestly? After a couple of hours of playing Gwent such people do not have right to state that something is or is not OP.

So before you start complaining, just search, read and learn how to deal with cards like Igni, Aard etc. Forum is the best place to do it.

at level 22 / rank 7 I certainly have more than just a few hours of experience. And I am not complaining that Igni is OP, just that every one uses it. Yes I can deal with it but seeing it played in every deck of every faction should tell you that maybe it is a bit too good.

milosh69;n7549590 said:
at level 22 / rank 7 I certainly have more than just a few hours of experience. And I am not complaining that Igni is OP, just that every one uses it. Yes I can deal with it but seeing it played in every deck of every faction should tell you that maybe it is a bit too good.

I only see it in NR so I guess you meet weird enemies.

What deck are you playing? You should always be expecting Igni or scorch or Borkh, especially if you're a build-heavy deck like Monster eat or Ge'els swarm. Really, you should never put too much strength into one card, and always make sure you units' strengths don't line up too much. That way you can eat a scorch without much deal.

Igni gets really annoying with Ge'els though, I admit. Best way to get around it is to have two rows of strength. If they Igni one row, you can always thunderbolt the other.

Geralt: Igni was already Nerfed (from 15 to 20)

Miatrix;n7549960 said:
Igni gets really annoying with Ge'els though, I admit. Best way to get around it is to have two rows of strength.

I really wish they would make Ge'els only raise units below 6 to 6, so you could scorch/igni protect the row with a unit above 6 before using Ge'els' ability.

KasumiGoto;n7549890 said:
I only see it in NR so I guess you meet weird enemies.

The decks I played against which throw Igni at me can be counted on one hand: PFI, NR Radovid, ST, SK (both, self mutilate and discard), Monster spawns. That's about all the decks I get to play against lately, not just yesterday. I myself play either PFI (which gets killed by Igni if I don't manage to promote the line first) and Dagon Weather, where I see my Ancient Foglet get burned away due to buffed Foglets. There isn't really any way around Igni in both decks other than draw luck. Using Commander's Horn usually also means sudden death by Igni.

But again, it's not the card per se which bothers me but that everyone is playing it. That's also why I chose the title as it is. When I started playing up until rank 3 or 4 Scorch was the card I saw played in most of the matches. Rank 5+ I saw Aard played in most decks up until 2 days ago, where suddenly I see Igni in every opponents deck. I am puzzled that only I experience this so I will write down how many times it gets played against me.

milosh69;n7550520 said:
I myself play either PFI

WellyoutotallydeserveIgnithen

On a serious note though, Igni is mostly popular in the beginning, as it's a neutral AND most of the beginners can't play around it, so it's easy to pull it off on them.

milosh69;n7550520 said:
I myself play either PFI

Exactly as KasumiGoto said.

milosh69;n7549590 said:
seeing it played in every deck of every faction should tell you that maybe it is a bit too good.

It is not. I do not see Igni at all, so no, not every faction and not every deck use it.

Hahaha. The "I myself play PFI" deserves Igni by itself...
Second, there's an easy solution for Dagon and buffed Foglets against Igni/Scorch.
Third, Igni is fine and hopefully mods are disregarding "nerf everything" requests. The last thing this game needs is nerfing.

Dunno why you are missing the point but anyways, it's closed beta and hopefully there will be more cards with the final release, bringing more variety.

About PFI: I only play it for 1-2 matches when I get tired of Dagon, then I go back to weather.

milosh69;n7548840 said:
Literally (in the literal sense ;)) in every match this evening at some point Igni was played against me, I hate this card - again, literally. It kills most of my decks and there really isn't anything you can do against it other than play ST where you can just barely scatter your troops across the rows without hitting 20 anywhere.

Well, if you invest half of your deck into 1 unit, its an extemely cheesy stategy. You basicly gamle on your opponent not having an answer. I myself often play foglet swarm with buffs for fun. But the fact they die to scortch/Borh/Igni reks them is completely fine. Its a lost gamle. Thing is - the higher you get, the less decks against you will not have an answer.

Keymaker7;n7549320 said:
It is so easy to play around igni, and not only with Scoia. If you play NR or Skellige you can even get benefits from opponent's igni. But no, nerf igni, it is so op... ech...

There is so many threads, posts etc that weather is op, igni is op, ard is op. And you know what? Most of those statements come from begginers, which do not know how to smartly play Gwent, do not have experience and knowledge about how to deal with mentioned cards. And honestly? After a couple of hours of playing Gwent such people do not have right to state that something is or is not OP.

So before you start complaining, just search, read and learn how to deal with cards like Igni, Aard etc. Forum is the best place to do it.

Im actually curious by now. Just hit 2300 (rank 9) with wild hunt weather deck, yet havent found the easy way to play around Aard. I consder it a good outcome if power swing from by it can be contained within 25. I could actually use such way, if you dont mind sharing. Since from where iam standing the only option is giving up on weather theme alltogether.

isnadtochiev;n7556260 said:
Well, if you invest half of your deck into 1 unit, its an extemely cheesy stategy. You basicly gamle on your opponent not having an answer. I myself often play foglet swarm with buffs for fun. But the fact they die to scortch/Borh/Igni reks them is completely fine. Its a lost gamle. Thing is - the higher you get, the less decks against you will not have an answer.
I've posted my deck in the tactics section and you see that I don't focus on a single unit. Sure an Ancient Foglet under Fog is important in my deck but it's not the only play I have. It actually goes the other way, I neglect it and let it grow while building up other rows, hoping I can later Adrenalin Rush it or something and then it gets Ignited away...

As I said, for the past few days I see Igni played in almost every match, that's the only point that bothers me. I don't loose more because of this and I am still happy with my progress, my intention for this thread was never to whine about me not having a chance anymore, on the contrary. But I like to loose a round by creative means and not always by the same card. Is that really so hard to understand? I'd much rather loose to wizards feeded into Kayran than see 20 points gone by Igni time and again. That's all.

milosh69;n7556320 said:
Is that really so hard to understand? I'd much rather loose to wizards feeded into Kayran than see 20 points gone by Igni time and again. That's all.

Actually, i understand you rather well. Iam a little bit tired of looking at chain first lights myself. Variety is something very welcome, but with ranked game - the further you get, the less variety you see. Fun comboes are more of casual game thing. Cards like Igni are a neccecery evil, needed to counter cheesy strats,2 alternatives are Borkh and scorch. Borkh is tons of fun, I ran it for quite a while simply because it was the first gold card to drop for me, but its double edged weapon. I guess only promotion NR can really use it as a top tier gold. Scorch is silver, and that slot is arguably more valuable than gold. Multiple silver cards are deck defining, neutral silvers like Ocvist or decoy generate card advatage, wich is the most valuable resouce ingame. Golds however are interchangable. There are like 2 golds present in every factions deck. Shani, Caretaker, you know the guys. 2 more slots are pretty much utility ones, and throwing an Igni there makes total sense. When everyone stack siege row, hes never never without a target. Even if Igni was nerfed as you suggested, you can reliably assume that 20 power unit will get scorched instead. Since you were talking foglets (as in - over 20 power ancient foglets) - monsters actually have a way to make that work, the Kayran. However since monsters dont have the means to draw their entire deck, and to win you would most of the time need 1 specific card... lets say it can be fun, but wouldnt be reliable.

On the deck thing - i've glanced over your posts, but only found 2 replies in tactics. If you could provide a link id gladly discuss further.

Top Bottom