The Devs Proposed Weather Changes!

+

Guest 3973540

4RM3D;n7555260 said:
Buffs and wounds are remembered through weather
Hopefully there will be a way to see that remembered value somewhere. I have trouble with calculating clear skies and weather effect even now...

Maybe a grey number (=total row str if clear sky'ed) at the side of the row?

Last edited by a moderator:
xiong2mao;n7555340 said:
Hopefully there will be a way to see that remembered value somewhere. I have trouble with calculating clear skies and weather effect even now...

Maybe a grey number at the side of the row?

Aye, the devs really need to add the original buffed value of the unit, in order for this to work. I think they also figured this out.

This sucks. The whiners won again. First clear skies change, now this. Game wont be fun post release. Sucks that the devs listen to whiners more than anything else.

I'm completly fine with 1, but 2 is kinda scary, seems like weather decks are going to be really strong again.
But willing to try it out, it's still in beta afterall.

While I appreciate tweaks and changes, i feel the devs have made an oversight.

This will not change the fact that weather will still be an On or Off effect.
In fact these proposed changes will only strength that concept.

For now i'd say it would be best to wait until the patch hits.
But i don't think these changes have actually solved weather.

Depends on how they deal with ST card advantage. Those changes make sense but as long as one faction is so much better with card advantage than others it could remain problematic. We'll see.

I'm fine with the Clear Skies change, but the weather effect change is rather bad.
The end result is:
Put everything on a single row, keep 3 clear skies to clear skies on your row, buff units as much as you want.
Importance of last card played is even more important than ever.
What is going to happen if you buff units during weather? Do they remain unbuffed until the weather goes? Or do they get buffed as right now?

The problem I have is there's only 3 clear weather cards and 1 Dimeritium Bomb to counter weather effects, while weather cards have triple to quadruple the amount....

LDiCesare;n7556150 said:
Put everything on a single row, keep 3 clear skies to clear skies on your row, buff units as much as you want.
my thoughts exactly, we will have either weather heavy decks or decks that focus on a single row, while weather decks will use more weather cards than they do already to outplay 3 possible clear skies and 3xLacerate will be default in weather decks - not sure the change to clear skies is the right move. Not to mention that NR promote decks will probably rule the board ;)

I do like that they try to make shrooms less appealing by letting the buffs stay under weather, on the other hand res decks will still use shrooms unless the buffs are kept when the unit goes in the graveyard.

LDiCesare;n7556150 said:

...Except for Lacerate and D-Bomb. You (still) can't indiscriminately keep buffing.

Even thou i play WH weather, first change is neccecery. ATM weather makes dimeritium redundant. Second one as a nerf to first ligjht to compeansate sounds good. Only trouble i have with it - it pushed "stack siege row only" even further. Then again, maybe iam wrong. Generally sounds like a good change.

This sounds extremely frustrating for decks that aren't weather immune.

I can already see the Monster meta coming into play. Doesn't look fun at all.

Last edited:
So then would buffs which were added after the row was affected by weather be lost when it is reverted to pre-weather states? The math on this gets really weird either way this would work.

I still say weather should just damage every unit on the affected row by a set number per player turn until clear weather stops it or they reach minimum value.

Chaob_N7;n7556400 said:
So then would buffs which were added after the row was affected by weather be lost when it is reverted to pre-weather states? The math on this gets really weird either way this would work.

My guess is that all units get a second strength value, which shows the original buffed strength.

For example a 4 strength unit:
- Gets Swallow Potion: 12 (12) strength
- Gets weather effect: 1 (12) strength
- Gets Swallow Potion: 9 (21) strength
- Gets Clear Skies: 21 (21) strength

Something like that. Otherwise it's too inconsistent and too unclear. Would only result in chaos without the second value keeping tabs.

4RM3D;n7556430 said:
My guess is that all units get a second strength value, which shows the original buffed strength.

For example a 4 strength unit:
- Gets Swallow Potion: 12 (12) strength
- Gets weather effect: 1 (12) strength
- Gets Swallow Potion: 9 (21) strength
- Gets Clear Skies: 21 (21) strength

Something like that. Otherwise it's too inconsistent and too unclear. Would only result in chaos without the second value keeping tabs.

That would do... but is messy weird. Scorch and dimeritium bombs are the #1 cards again.

Chaob_N7;n7556490 said:
That would do... but is messy weird. Scorch and dimeritium bombs are the #1 cards again.

Yeah, D-Bomb is gonna get ugly. But I've also heard D-Bomb is going to get tweaked. Maybe precisely because of the weather changes.

Top Bottom