Suggestion: Change order of hand when choosing discard. Start with Golds.

+
Suggestion: Change order of hand when choosing discard. Start with Golds.

I'd like to see an option to start in the opposite order. I'm always scrolling immediately to the right to see what my top gold card is first. I make my decisions from there.

The devs should remove the (highly annoying) scrolling all together. There is enough room to display all 10 cards at the same time.

Stupid shitty console interface.

prostynick;n7567400 said:
Console interface?

Yes, this game is optimized to use with a gamepad for the Xbox and Playstation release. In the process the devs neglected to create a decent PC user interface. The scrolling issue is but one example.

Ignoring the de-rail about scrolling and consoles for a moment...

The OP is spot on, EVERYONE looks at the gold cards first so why not have them immediately visible on the left? Alternatively the view could start on the right-hand side.

stridecolossus;n7567640 said:
EVERYONE looks at the gold cards first
I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows mulligan ban rules looks at bronze and silvers first. I used to check golds first too, though.

NlelithZ44;n7567780 said:
I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows mulligan ban rules looks at bronze and silvers first. I used to check golds first too, though.

Considering all CA generators and most deck thinners are silver and gold, i have to disagree. For example, while playing Skellige the first thing i want to know is how many cards i will be able to discard using my golds and silvers, and then redraw based on that.
+1 to the OP and i also find weird the fact that your cards are sorted by strength and rarity in your hand(which can help guessing what they have left and what they just played, when playing an ambush, for example), but they aren't in graveyard, which makes knowing what's left in your deck hard when the graveyard is filled.

4RM3D;n7567170 said:
The devs should remove the (highly annoying) scrolling all together. There is enough room to display all 10 cards at the same time.

This. The interface is made to coincide with the Xbox and soon to be, PS4, which is fine like for the console but I'm sure (just having a guess) most PC players sit close to their screens so there wouldn't be a problem with having two rows of five.

Maybe have an alternate card selection screen that decreases the size of the cards and card text slightly. This would be handy for players who know what their cards do already.. I know this isn't a priority with everything going on, I'm just another player that feels the same.

stridecolossus;n7567640 said:
EVERYONE looks at the gold cards first so why not have them immediately visible on the left?

Not necessarily, I find silver's in some decks can be worth more - all a matter of choice obviously but I still think they should just throw all 10 cards in front of your face to make the selection easier - I have a duff mouse so when I scroll down so many times it scrolls up, bloody annoying.

Last edited:
prostynick;n7569210 said:
You can use gamepad on PC

Besides the point. The devs support a gamepad, not for the PC, but rather for the consoles. And with it, a console interface; lowest common denominator stuff.

The game is much more playable when you can lay down on bed with a gamepad and you don't need to stare at the monitor from 1 meter. Devs support gamepad, because anyone who can run with it and have the ability to use large display will choose it. Just because those who can do that usually use consoles doesn't mean it's a console interface.

prostynick;n7569240 said:
Just because those who can do that usually use consoles doesn't mean it's a console interface.

It's called a console interface because most people who use it, are console users. That doesn't mean it's only meant for them.

PS. Since Steam went to the living room with streaming (boxes) and Steam boxes, they have introduced Big Picture Mode, which has a similar feel to a console interface. Except you can disable it, if you want.

Top Bottom