No point playing against ST and NR

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No point playing against ST and NR

Just give the freaking button to ignore ST and NR players that cannot into other decks other than spawn-respawn. That's just freaking annoying.
Their tactics have nothing to do with fair game. While Skellige and Monsters have to think about long-term profit, they just respawn their freaking medics/mercenaries/commandos/poor infantry
Stupid and pointless since they win more than a half of games against FARE players that actually trying to build strategy there. Obviously CD can't into balance.
Before this patch ST was awesome, they've used most of their units. Now it's just 3-4 that respawn each turn. How awesome is that.
Total and Complete dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
If they made the elven mercenary or blue mountain commando not count agaisnt card limit (or grow the minimum number of cards by 3), ST would recycle less.
Asfor NR (Foltest mostly), the baron needs fixing. Mardroeme could go down so PFI stops bein a pain.
Skellige actually has about as much respawn options as NR, but they aren't as painful, so the problem may not be the respawning itself.

LDiCesare;n7606100 said:
If they made the elven mercenary or blue mountain commando not count agaisnt card limit (or grow the minimum number of cards by 3), ST would recycle less.
Asfor NR (Foltest mostly), the baron needs fixing. Mardroeme could go down so PFI stops bein a pain.
Skellige actually has about as much respawn options as NR, but they aren't as painful, so the problem may not be the respawning itself.

That's what I'm talking about. Basically Skellige are able to do so, but they've got risks as well. It's not like Tuirsearches can clone themselves like infantry do. And besides, Skellige doesn't have an option to make the whole row or just units and its clons freaking gold. So that's a probleme that needs tons of nerfing.

It is our Lord of complaint again.
I wonder if you ever created a topic complaining about Skellige's resurrection madness in the last round before patch 0.8.25 :listen:
...or Monsters devouring now. Maybe a topic about Kayran will come up soon.

Last edited:
He's right to complain. It is a broken game as it is with PFI and ST.

We just have to bear with it for a week more and the next patch will put these cheap lame tactics to rest. Until then, just dont GG players that use it, witch is like70% of the matches i've been having. Just this morning: 13 matches - 6 NR PFI, 4 ST and 2 monsters. Still managed to win 6 games though.

el_Bosco;n7606740 said:

We just have to bear with it for a week more and the next patch will put these cheap lame tactics to rest. Until then, just dont GG players that use it, witch is like70% of the matches i've been having. Just this morning: 13 matches - 6 NR PFI, 4 ST and 2 monsters. Still managed to win 6 games though.

Yeah, I feel your struggle. But are you sure they are going to fix it? I hope, sure, but hell they too much in love with NR to do anything, really. ST for sure, but NR is under a question I think.

pl91;n7606940 said:
if you dont mind me asking,what rank are you playing at?

7 right now. Could've mark 8 rangs just yesterday if not for 3 serial NR and ST.

lpredrum136;n7606640 said:
Maybe a topic about Kayran will come up soon.
Kayran is not big deal. Not too unbalance as ST and NR. With Kayran just demote and have a lot of way to counter. But not much with empty ST deck and NR PFI.

Birkewedd;n7607040 said:
7 right now. Could've mark 8 rangs just yesterday if not for 3 serial NR and ST.

well im at rank 8,with 50-50 % win ratio,playing skellige with bran,and no matchup seems either favorable or unfavorable to me.i win against ST,i lose against ST,i win again NR,i lose against NR,i win again monsters,i lose against monsters.same when i was playing ST,same when i was playing Monsters.In some game it does feel like you couldnt really do anything to win,but i am pretty sure that sometimes it feels the same way for opponent.in the vast majority of the games i lose,i lose because of mistakes i make,either overcomitting,or passing too early.

ive been watching these forums for a long time,and i still cant understand why people whine about balance issues.im at almost 50-50 against each and every class(sure some matchups are kinda in favor for one of the 2 opponents,but nothing extreme).

el_Bosco;n7606740 said:

Just this morning: 13 matches - 6 NR PFI, 4 ST and 2 monsters. Still managed to win 6 games though.

Whatever happens, do not let your good results in play stop you from complaining.

And as for the OP - sure, Skellige does not have the options other decks have. But in exchange it has options other decks do not have. Sure, there are some popular decks. There will always be some popular decks, and they will not use all cards available (how could they? they may have only 25 cards, just like everyone else...). If anything, percentage of ST decks fielding elven mercenary and blue commando is smaller than percentage of Skellige decks fielding priestesses and pirates (there are dwarven decks, too...), silvers in Skellige decks do not exactly show a lot of variability, either - why it's the ST decks' diversity that worries you most?

And most important, there sure are original decks out there. Few days ago one ST player completely annihilated me using Mirror (the first and as yet only time I saw this card being used) - was it no point to play him, as well?

lpredrum136;n7606640 said:
It is our Lord of complaint again.

^ This!

el_Bosco;n7606740 said:

Complain? Yes. Whine? No. Also, it has been discussed countless of times before.

4RM3D;n7607530 said:
^ This!

Complain? Yes. Whine? No. Also, it has been discussed countless of times before.

oh Jesus, you again. In has nothing to do with whining, it is a simple constation of the fact that NR and ST are imbas. If it's over your head, well sorry kindergarten is still an option.

And why is it pointless? At least devs can observe people's mood towards certain decks, that's not pointless at all. Since it's a closed beta it is kind of logical to report unbalanced decks, don't you think?

Okay everyone... Let's keep this civilized and discussion on topic. Any further personal attacks or ridiculing and this thread gets closed.

Birkewedd;n7607960 said:
Since it's a closed beta it is kind of logical to report unbalanced decks, don't you think?

It's okay to report problems you have encountered during beta. What's not okay is:
1) Making yet another thread about it while there are countless other threads already AND adding nothing new to the discussion.
2) And what's worse: Make a thread in a consistent whining tone (as mentioned by others also).

But if you cannot see this, then you are just hopeless. Let me, at least, give you an example of a good discussion thread and a bad discussion thread:

Example of a GOOD discussion thread
Example of a BAD discussion thread

Noticed the difference?

Now lets analyze your thread.

Birkewedd;n7605500 said:
Just give the freaking button to ignore ST and NR players that cannot into other decks other than spawn-respawn.

That's not even a real suggestion. That's just you venting your frustration.

Birkewedd;n7605500 said:
Their tactics have nothing to do with fair game. While Skellige and Monsters have to think about long-term profit, they just respawn their freaking medics/mercenaries/commandos/poor infantry. Stupid and pointless since they win more than a half of games against FARE players that actually trying to build strategy there. Obviously CD can't into balance

Fair game? Actually strategy? ST and NR might be strong, maybe even too strong. But their tactics are still valid. The only thing you are correct about here, is the balance. However, you haven't brought anything new to discuss that hasn't already been said in the other dozen threads about this subject.

Birkewedd;n7605500 said:
Before this patch ST was awesome, they've used most of their units. Now it's just 3-4 that respawn each turn. How awesome is that.
Total and Complete dissatisfaction.

That part is at least true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom