Yennifer the conjurer

+
Yennifer the conjurer

Say hello to the new mandatory card in every deck.

How on earth did this card make it into the final patch?

Desimates the opponents board. Please dont make us wait a month for this to be patched...

And when your opponent is also playing Clan Tuirseach Axeman + Savage Bear it's practically unbeatable.

Well she was useless before, I don't think i ever saw anyone play this card. Now she is great. Goodjob by CDPR for fixing a problem with out Nerfing this time! This change was one of the things i was most excited for int he new patch.

i did use her before the patch, she was good but could target your own unit so you needed to be smart.
and she was low str so many gold killing card could remove her. now she only target other side, and 7 str to make her imune to removal (exept radovic).

that was a bad change. almost every deck use it now, so she is obviously too powerfull.

I would probably be in favor of a general "rule" that all cards who attack passively only do so every other turn or every 2 turns. so that you're not so often encountering situations where you're being pelted every turn without your opponent having to do anything.

Yeah, I also don't know how they could ignore the obvious issues with this card. After all the problem was easy to see in many streams this weekend. Don't get me wrong, the card needed a buff to become viable.

It is good that it now only weakens the opponent. But it shouldn't trigger every round. Give it perhaps a 2 or 3 turn timer and we are good. Or leave it like that but lower the strength to 4 (like it was before) so people can at least remove it with Triss or other cards like that.

I'm having a really bad time today against monster decks with double weather cards + Yennefer...

If both opponents place her on the field, her strike is bugged. Only 1 yen triggers each round.

Now we just need Triss: The Pyromancer - Remove 1 strength from weakest enemy unit every turn and we have a cool combo.

to be fair... the maximum number of triggers you'll ever get from yen is around 10 (unless someone manages to get 10+ cards in hand...)
so in total, that's 17 power for her (7 from the card, 10 reduced from your opponent's)
then again, the round might end up only having 4 turns for each player, which means her power will only be around 11 (still pretty strong, but relatively on par with other gold cards)

of course, there are the shenanigans with axeman, but i still wouldn't call the card broken.
maybe reducing her power back to 4 would be enough... or making her reduce 2 strength every two turns (to reduce synergy with axeman)

RickMelethron;n7704920 said:
to be fair... the maximum number of triggers you'll ever get from yen is around 10 (unless someone manages to get 10+ cards in hand...)
so in total, that's 17 power for her (7 from the card, 10 reduced from your opponent's)
then again, the round might end up only having 4 turns for each player, which means her power will only be around 11 (still pretty strong, but relatively on par with other gold cards)

of course, there are the shenanigans with axeman, but i still wouldn't call the card broken.
maybe reducing her power back to 4 would be enough... or making her reduce 2 strength every two turns (to reduce synergy with axeman)

well that is not exactly true, yen can target multiple units, if they are of equal strength.

Chaob_N7;n7703110 said:
And when your opponent is also playing Clan Tuirseach Axeman + Savage Bear it's practically unbeatable.

Yeah, I built a deck yesterday with Axeman, Savage Bear, some other golds like Zoltan: Animal Trainer which can cause large damage. Yennefer: The Conjurer is a minimum 1 point a round, before more cards are played and it can snowball into -2 for your opponent, -3.

Combine that with the Axeman, and that's -1 for your opponent, +1 for you, snowballing. It's cheese.

Yeah I put her in two of my decks after the patch (NG and ST). Definitely a good card. I'm not sure she is OP though.

Lim3zer0;n7704960 said:
well that is not exactly true, yen can target multiple units, if they are of equal strength.

then it falls under the opponent's responsibility to play around that... much like they are supposed to keep a stronger unit on the row against igni/scorch

RickMelethron;n7705330 said:
then it falls under the opponent's responsibility to play around that... much like they are supposed to keep a stronger unit on the row against igni/scorch

Just a bit more difficult than defending against igni/scorch. People who plays with low/non buffed units can have a problem with this, because Yennefer "levels" the units.

Noela;n7706200 said:
Just a bit more difficult than defending against igni/scorch. People who plays with low/non buffed units can have a problem with this, because Yennefer "levels" the units.

igni is good against one big unit, yen is good against multiple small units. they are neutral cards which serve a niche... as i mentioned above, i don't think the problem is yen, but rather the synergy with axemen.
i guess we'll have to wait for the next patch and see what happens

She's definitely Iorveth/Eithne bait against SK for ST. That's how I've dealt with her so far. She's definitely a good card, I'm even using her currently in two decks. But I agree with RickMelethron that she's most problematic in conjunction with one SK strategy mostly. Most of the time she's good, but not OP. I do think she's probably worthy of a legendary label rather than epic.

No Title

Rawls;n7706390 said:
I do think she's probably worthy of a legendary label rather than epic.
Definitely, although I doubt she would stay this way.

If she only hit ONE strongest card on the opposite side, that would be more optimized. This is simply overpowering again any type of deck. Harald is especially lucky to have her.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to have one and the same character on the board. There should be be a lock during deck building that prevents adding same character cards.

Attachments

• photo107990.jpg
    photo107990.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hyrenapth;n7707910 said:
She is fine really. Just lock her or use shackles.
You would need to use Shackles/D-Bomb followed by killing/locking her which is still two cards to remove her. Her only true counter is Radovid (Doesn't work against NR)
Constantly putting a unit on the field with more strength or buffing is another option

Top Bottom