First light should clean all weather.

+

First light should clean all weather.

• Yes, first light should clean all battlefield from weather effects.

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • No, I like the way it is now.

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters
The devs specifically changed it because they thought it would be unfair for a bronze to clear, for example, Ragnarok (golden legendary). They ain't gonna change it back.

There should be a silver card in the future that clears all weather? Or a gold card with a decent amount of Str that does the same.

ohson;n7768080 said:
There should be a silver card in the future that clears all weather? Or a gold card with a decent amount of Str that does the same.

Only a gold card should be able to do that because such an ability cancels the effect of Ragh Nar Roog which is gold and legendary.

Clear skies really suck these days. 50% Monster decks use at least 6 weather effects (skellige storm etc counted double). You would need 6 clear skies to clear it all,it is redicilous..
So either a silver who removes 2 weather effect or Gold with 3 to counter these would be the least they could do >.>

LuckAffe7777;n7768340 said:
Clear skies really suck these days. 50% Monster decks use at least 6 weather effects (skellige storm etc counted double). You would need 6 clear skies to clear it all,it is redicilous.. So either a silver who removes 2 weather effect or Gold with 3 to counter these would be the least they could do >.>

maybe, just maybe, the idea is for you to use clear skies at key moments instead of dumping them whenever the opponent uses a weather effect...
that's why weather was changed to keep buffs when removed.

Maybe there just needs to be balanced removal for the ways there are to create weather effects

Bronze weather effects are good for 1 row - Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, Torrential Rain get cleared by Clear Skies

Silver for 2 - Merigold's Hailstorm, Skellige Storm, White Frost don't have a direct counter yet

and Gold for 3 - Rag Nar Roog doesn't have a direct counter anymore.

Obviously there are other ways to create and combat weather effects, but these are the main cards and you can already see a pretty big disparity between the number of ways a deck can create weather effects vs the number of ways we have to deal with them.

RickMelethron;n7768530 said:
maybe, just maybe, the idea is for you to use clear skies at key moments instead of dumping them whenever the opponent uses a weather effect...

Yep ofc it was. I always keep em till the end, but if u don´t use it at certain moments,you get killed by warriors,manticore lacerate (whole row gone) or whatever.
Then your clear skies won´t matter in the end. It is unbalanced thats the point.

you got it wrong mate
most decks need spefic cards to make their deck work as it should right ?
now most of them adds 2-3 First lights , usually its 2 to deal with Weather Monsters and when its 3 FL its usually to use it to get some low bronze Cards like SC and such

now lets take a look at Weather monsters -
they have Dagon , Leshen , Caranthir , they use Merigolds Storm,Ragh Nar Roog , Skellige Storm and White frost

now , even if i get lucky enough to draw 2-3 FLs i also need to get cards that actually can win me the rounds right ?

where is exactly that "KEY MOMENT" you talk about mate ?
there is none! because they keep Weather ur ass no matter what

so its either u put more FL's in ur deck and hope to get all of them AND the cards u need for that round , or u just LOSE <

there's a reason Monster Weather is the most played Deck in the meta.

maybe they can make Ragh summon 1 Pernament Weather effect but make FL clear all regular Weathers , im not sure what but right now its unbalanced and not fun at all.

i just lost a game to a weather monster deck , trust me i used the right cards in the right moments and so on . but eventually i lost because he kept Weather my ass.

While I agree that you should wait for the right moment, it's extremely risky not to clear weather in current meta, since decks that use it also carry damaging cards that can destroy your whole row or even board if it lies in weather. I think a simple solution for the ratio of possible First Light to possible Weather cards would be extended Clear Skies duration: how about making it's effect last until the end of the round (so that affected row can't be weathered again). Or at least for several turns?

Last edited:
nircc;n7768780 said:
where is exactly that "KEY MOMENT" you talk about mate ?

Once the opponent passes, for example. Having card advantage is an indirect counter to weather decks.

As others have mentioned, there should at least be a stronger weather removal spells wrapped in silver.

4RM3D;n7768980 said:
Once the opponent passes, for example. Having card advantage is an indirect counter to weather decks.

As others have mentioned, there should at least be a stronger weather removal spells wrapped in silver.

you know that if u dont clear the weather its either Lacerate or Wild hunt warriors thats gonna remove most of ur board..
so you gotta counter that aswell

anyway its a closed beta and im sure we will see some big changes soon

I just dropped this in another thread couple of minutes ago, but think this is a better thread to post it on.

"Dagon and his weather tricks are annoying as hell, but with a right combination you can beat those decks. But the problem I faced is ridiculous, to say the least.
Here we are, the last round, him applying weather effects all over battlefield and me, managed to counter them with the right combo of a couple of Skellige cards (i play mostly with them btw). And then, even if the fog is already applied, he applies it again and my forces, among them two immensely powerful axemans who somehow survived the first fog, loose all their strength again, even if the fog was already there! This is utterly ridiculous, since they are already covered in fracking fog. This double weather effect should definitely be removed, since it makes weather effects, thus Dagon decks, way too powerful."

First light is okay, it should clear just one row, but these double weather-effects are really an overkill.

Jebus_The_Saviour;n7769100 said:
among them two immensely powerful axemans

When you rely on only 1 or 2 units, then it's a good idea to have a Blizzard Potion or Quen on hand. [Directed at everyone] Speaking of which, First Light is not the only counter to weather. A lot of people only mention FL.

PS. the plural of 'man' is 'men'.

I dont know why the devs havent put a silver card that can remove the weather of 2 rows or a gold counter for Ragnarok. What's the catch because it seems a no-brainer? Were those kind of cards available, Dagon could also be buffed too to use 2 of his possible abilities because it is either easily countered by a bronze or there's too much r ng in rally for a leader card that is gold.

They were Mages whose specialty was weather, correct? So, why not a sliver mage card/s. As for counting Ragnarok, there should be one gold card (no strength) to clear it. Idk, Hemdall's Rainbow. Something like that...

Riven-Twain;n7769440 said:
Or perhaps add Clear Skies to Aeromancy's abilities?
That too, of course. I was thinking about a White Frost, Meriglod's Storm and Skellige Storm counters - you put, let's say, 4-6 strength on board and can choose the row.

HenryGrosmont;n7769630 said:
I was thinking about a White Frost, Meriglod's Storm and Skellige Storm counters - you put, let's say, 4-6 strength on board and can choose the row.
Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if the REDs should perhaps consolidate things a bit, and make it so that more character cards, with strength of there own, can counter/spawn weather-effects/damage/buffs, instead of these individual effect cards with no individual strength. I've noticed that, if a player adds too many counter-measure cards to a deck, in an attempt to be prepared to face a weather deck, etc., he or she can sometimes end up with a really lousy hand, without enough power to stand alone after countering a few moves. Possibly worth consideration. . . .

Top Bottom