Bekker's Twisted Mirror: GWENT Off-Topic

+
Can you guys help me with a rare pick? Or rather, legendary-pick? My booster is offering me Kambi, Isengrim and The Last Wish ... nevermind, it's actually just offering me Kambi and Isengrim. Which would you choose? One the one hand, I like the idea of bullying my opponent out of a round with Kambi, but on the other hand, my Scoia'tel-deck is much better and it even runs quite a few event cards (It's a dwarf-tribal with a subtheme of exploiting the hell out of Elvish Mercenary).

PS: Why am I still unable to open new threads and required to do a little Turing Test before every post despite having 11 posts?

Last edited:
Herr-Tunichtgut;n8412240 said:
Kambi and Isengrim. Which would you choose?

Isengrim! Kambi is too situational.

Why am I still unable to open new threads and required to do a little Turing Test before every post despite having 11 posts?

Hmm, is it 15 posts then? I'll check it out.

PS: Why am I still unable to open new threads and required to do a little Turing Test before every post despite having 11 posts?

Is this still an issue or is it working now?

Fixed! I can finally open threads without having to annoy you about moving them around.

Also thanks for your advice, 4RM3D. Isengrim was definitely the right choice.

I have rediscovered lemon-meringue yogurt over the last few weeks. So. Good. I used to love it when I was a kid but then forgot about for like 15-20 years. I don't think I can overstate how unreasonably happy this small thing has made me.

Last edited:
Rawls;n8458330 said:
I have rediscovered lemon-meringue yogurt over the last few weeks. So. Good. I used to love it when I was a kid but then forgot about for like 15-20 years. I have a shelf in my fridge that looks like this, but all lemon. I don't think I can overstate how unreasonably happy this small thing has made me.

Sounds delicious, but your picture is broken. Fun tip, try quoting yourself before fixing it :D

Me:
*plays Reveal Emhyr* --> *queues into nothing but Control STs"(worst matchup, because of their access to Mangonel removals + multiple Scorches for Spotters and Vanhemmar)
*plays Queensgard Bran* --> *queues into nothing but NG spies* (worst match because of Letho and Vico Medics)
*plays Canterella-Focus Calveit* --> *queues into nothing but Consume Monsters*

Maybe it's just observer bias, but I still need a place to vent.

Does anybody else here do Karaoke much? Anybody got any staples? Mine is "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness.

Rawls;n8480920 said:
Does anybody else here do Karaoke much?

I have been singing karaoke once, as part of a duo. And while I was sober. I'm still not sure how my friend managed to lure me to do that.

Does that count as "much"?

Sunsibar;n8383860 said:
This song was actually new to me, since I haven't been paying attention to new albums in past few years, but this was awesome! I think I may need to get this album, like instantly!

This vinyl record just came today and it is sooooo awesome! Not only one hit wonder :) If you happen to like folk metal, check this out.

Started reading all the books from The Witcher cycle in May, already finished The Tower of Swallows. Every time Ciri's eyes color is mentioned I can't help myself but to think about this song:

When I was a teen at 90's, I used to read Stephen King's "IT" while listening to Iron Maiden's Iron Maiden and Killers albums. Still, when I'm listening to those, that book comes to my mind and/or other way around. Don't know why this connection is so strong. Your's with green eyes makes much more sense :D

I love the Stephen King films.. IT is one of my favs (honorable mention The Stand)
Are you hyped about the remake of IT?
or no
I think it has potential ..

TheShift;n8583740 said:
Are you hyped about the remake of IT?

Remake? REMAKE? REMAKE?

First thought... Oh god don't ruin this classic! (I must have seen it like 20-30 times during my life)
Second thought... There's no other way to make remakes than totally ruin the originals (okay, LOTR doesn't count in here)
Third thought... Needful Things was super bad movie after reading the book. Way more bad than usual books translated to movies. I guess that would have been bad even without reading the book first?

Just watched the new IT trailer. Beginning was promising but Pennywise... I think he might have lost his soul. I mean... more than usual.

Hard to say, I really loved that movie when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I can take a risk and check this new one :D But then again... I tend to be too curious sometimes, so I might watch it. We'll see.

Mostly I have been just reading King. Movies not that much, although Pet Cemetery (the first one) and IT are definitely classics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom