Northern realms needs an overhaul

+
Northern realms needs an overhaul

I have nearly every single card for NR , i got to rank 5 and now my rating has gone down to 600, everyones decks seems to be better - NR dont stand a chance against anyone apart from NG , i have tried every single strategy recommended on the "Tacticians Corner" from Rank 1 to rank 5 i was absolutely ploughing my way through the ranks , until i hit level 20. Now my opponents are higher level and have gain better cards through playing i cant seem to beat them. i seriously think there needs to be some changes in NR Deck.

At the current state of the game, you either play the one(literally) meta deck for each faction and perform well at ranked, or you play a deck of your own making and simply play casual games while trying to not care if you win or lose. You would lose more than you would win tho, since casual play is also infested with meta deck pro players. You can just google the meta decks like everyone else does.

Enjoy your time in GWENT!

I personally only log for half an hour a day just to get a couple of kegs open. It's more thrilling than the actual gameplay in my opinion.

Last edited:
interesting people start complaining as things start to get sour, "from Rank 1 to rank 5 i was absolutely ploughing my way through the ranks , until i hit level 20" well i didn't see you around complaining then, everything has its limit and i suspect you have reached your skill's (and luck's) limit. start investing in a faction you think is doing good from now on.

i appreciate what you guys are saying to me and i love opening the kegs too its the most fun part :) ,i mean i think i have some pretty decent decks , i like to be original with making my decks and try not to copy the mainstream ones. but at rank 1 people are more likely to have worse cards , as you rank up people generally have better cards. it feels to me that most of the other teams have an advantage over NR . im just saying this as feed back so they might change NR cards. thanks

Dark_Spect3r;n7845340 said:
This sums up why every new game of this type sucks and will always suck.

+1
Very true, just look up the suggested decks at one of the sites and voila I'm a playa now :hmm:

Radovid Control is one of the best decks in the game currently. I went from Rank 9 to Rank 12 using it and only lost three times, this was a week ago however so things might have changed.
My Pavetta spam is also pretty strong, Using Butterfly Triss in Round 1 pretty much secures you win the round unless your versing weather or Radovid kills her

Surla;n7846240 said:
+1
Very true, just look up the suggested decks at one of the sites and voila I'm a playa now :hmm:

I see you share my pain :sad:

RickMelethron;n7846540 said:
and yet, here you are... one has to wonder.

I was hopeful that since we are in close beta that people would act differently, but i guess is asking to much of people to think by themselves and come up with ideas of their own... my bad.

But dont worry i wont be here much longer.
Just trying to see if i can pass my log in info to some friend and have him using my key, because is hopeless to think people will actually change and playing against the same 3 decks over and over again is boring as fuck.

Last edited:
Dark_Spect3r;n7845340 said:
This sums up why every new game of this type sucks and will always suck.
Why did you expect something different?
In every single CCG or TCG ever created, There's always going to be decks that are better then the rest.
The internet is a thing and people are going to post those decks and of course people are going to use decks that are successful.
If you feel that strongly about it then these types of games are definitely not for you.

Tamacountry13;n7848420 said:
Why did you expect something different?
In every single CCG or TCG ever created, There's always going to be decks that are better then the rest.
The internet is a thing and people are going to post those decks and of course people are going to use decks that are successful.
If you feel that strongly about it then these types of games are definitely not for you.

Of course there will always be better decks that is not the issue.

And im sorry to say but in TCG it was not that way some years ago. Most of the people used to do their own decks. Of course there were always a few that used decks copied from somewhere else but thus were truly a minority.

What i feel strongly about is playing against the same couple of decks over and over again, how can you guys not get bored?

But you are right about these games not being for me, but i had never participated on a closed Beta and i was quite hopeful that at least during this stage that people would behave differently but seems that was just wishful thinking.

Dark_Spect3r;n7848490 said:
And im sorry to say but in TCG it was not that way some years ago. Most of the people used to do their own decks

not true in the slightest... probably because you only played with your neighborhood friends and never really got the full picture.

in most games, people will copy whatever top players do. if you try to play any relevant competition, you'll see that's very clear. people will play meta decks in casual to get their daily rewards quickly, and people will use meta decks on ladder because, well, competitions are meant to be won.

RickMelethron;n7851510 said:
not true in the slightest... probably because you only played with your neighborhood friends and never really got the full picture.
Oh how wrong you are...

Anyway you dont have to deal with me anymore, im off... enjoy :)

I think there needs to be more diversity within the cards , a few builds is just silly cause everyone has the same decks it makes the game very boring and it's pointless playing when you cant be original. I Idont see the point of copying everyone else decks. Of course im aware that its a beta and the meta decks are the only option to win. All im saying is the cards need more diversity so we can build different decks

detrufe6;n7845220 said:
You can just google the meta decks like everyone else does.

Why? Not only does it not take any thought it also contributes to the souring of the overall experience. Does playing a meta deck make you a good player? I don't think so. Especially these people running programs and playing decks they stole from someone else. It's laughable.

Top Bottom