thinking of quitting gwent

+
thinking of quitting gwent

I know this has been beaten to death but the weather is just too ridiculous. how they feel ok about a bronze card doing more damage than majority of golds is beyond me. add to that monsters have a lot of immune units, who some of spawn freaking weather simultaneously there is no defense. all they have to do is hold on to a weather card until the last turn and literally nothing u can do, all units downtown to one and if you put in units that are immune it just nerds your synergy. just done with this, I outplayed a guy very well and I knew he had a weather card saved for last, nothin I could do. not to mention he had cast weather a couple times already which I dispelled. sucks when you play everything right and it doesn't matter. think I might just check out the new resident evil.

roundert;n7848510 said:
I outplayed a guy very well and I knew he had a weather card saved for last, nothin I could do. not to mention he had cast weather a couple times already which I dispelled
Ehm, since you actually do run clear skies, why not save it for last?
roundert;n7848510 said:
you play everything right and it doesn't matter.
Being behind in cards can be punished in a ton of different ways. Scorch, epidemic, Igni, weather, Cahir... And its not like monsters have ST passive and get card advantage naturally. Long story short, if you got card disadvatage against monsters, you've done at least something wrong.

I just find versing a weather deck boring and mundane *applies weather* *removes weather* and so on

At least the latest update has got people playing different decks and its not 80% monster decks anymore

isnadtochiev;n7849200 said:
Sometimes you start first and you cannot manage to get the card advantage. So even if you keep clear skies for last your opponent will play the last card, a weather card, and f**k you.

isnadtochiev;n7849200 said:

Being behind in cards can be punished in a ton of different ways. Scorch, epidemic, Igni, weather, Cahir... And its not like monsters have ST passive and get card advantage naturally. Long story short, if you got card disadvatage against monsters, you've done at least something wrong.

weather often comes with control. You need to win two rounds. How long you wanna wait if he he's WH Warriors, Lacerate and so on. If you can't rebuff your units in weather, what you wanna do, dump your silvers in weather so they can be killed off ? Sometimes it's not possible to hold on your Clear Skies until the last moment.

Skellige Morkvarg and Olgierd abuse annoys me, greatly. As an NR player I can't seem to find a good counter for it. Much to the point I consider taking a pause of the game. Weather is not that big of a problem. Playing Discarding your entire fkn deck is

roundert;n7848510 said:
I know this has been beaten to death but the weather is just too ridiculous. how they feel ok about a bronze card doing more damage than majority of golds is beyond me. add to that monsters have a lot of immune units, who some of spawn freaking weather simultaneously there is no defense. all they have to do is hold on to a weather card until the last turn and literally nothing u can do, all units downtown to one and if you put in units that are immune it just nerds your synergy. just done with this, I outplayed a guy very well and I knew he had a weather card saved for last, nothin I could do. not to mention he had cast weather a couple times already which I dispelled. sucks when you play everything right and it doesn't matter. think I might just check out the new resident evil.

Erm... you do realise the game is still in beta right?

Really would disagree with what you are saying, have never found weather to be that big of a problem. You win some and you lose some.

devivre;n7849920 said:
Seems like people will only stop complaining once weather is gone.
And probably everything else that is a bit tougher to manage...
And it's always with what's affecting your side of the board.Seems that some just want to pile up the numbers and see who can do it better. Unimaginative and Bo-ring!
Surla;n7850020 said:
Skellige Morkvarg and Olgierd abuse annoys me, greatly. As an NR player I can't seem to find a good counter for it. Much to the point I consider taking a pause of the game. Weather is not that big of a problem. Playing Discarding your entire fkn deck is
Morkvarg AND Olgierd is a dumb combo and can be easily beaten. I'm surprised people use it at all.

HenryGrosmont;n7852060 said:
And it's always with what's affecting your side of the board.Seems that some just want to pile up the numbers and see who can do it better. Unimaginative and Bo-ring!

Morkvarg AND Olgierd is a dumb combo and can be easily beaten. I'm surprised people use it at all.

I don't think so. With a lot of weather yes, but not with Borkh and Pavetta

Again, using both is dumb. I suspect it was one of the stream or youtube "pros" who introduced this and people just started copying without giving it a thought. But it's all good.

Cheers

love to see the weather defenders act like weather is good the way it is, acting like if I played it eight I would have had a clear skies. first of all I had to play two of them in previous rounds and still had to leave frost on and buff the row just to save another one, like I said when they can weather three more times than you can clear skies it's stupid. it's not because it's affecting my side I literally don't play monsters because I don't want to win with weather like that. I saved the clear skies, couldn't get a card advantage constantly defending against weather plus auto pop up units that come with it. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was a one time use per round or at least clear skies card number was the same as the amount of times they could cast weather. not to mention the ring factor you might not even have a clear skies w a bad draw. ideally don't see how everyone acts like weather isn't the biggest in balance in the game. it hits for more points than just about everything unless u nerf your deck. needs to be limited to three times per game let the ring figure out the rest.

ahhh, absolutely. if the counter measures are less than the number of times they can cast it. someone run the numbers out and how many times monsters with a weather leader can hit you with weather with extra weather cards and units that spawn weather and tell me 3 clear skies distributed with rng is balanced.

roundert;n7864410 said:
ahhh, absolutely. if the counter measures are less than the number of times they can cast it. someone run the numbers out and how many times monsters with a weather leader can hit you with weather with extra weather cards and units that spawn weather and tell me 3 clear skies distributed with rng is balanced.

so what you are saying is that if a deck can spawn weather 6 times,there should be 6 counter measures??so the weather deck is never supposed to win,ever?how is that balance?!

Well...considering every faction now has Weather immune units, I would think that some of them would be employed. 3 Clear Skies and a Demetrium Bomb is 4 weather counters. Also, I don't even really see Weather decks anymore. If I see 1 in every 12 matchups, I'm surprised.

The fact of the matter is if you lose to weather decks consistently, then you need to adapt the decks you use. You can't keep running into a brick wall, and then start a thread that says brick walls need to be nerfed.

pl91;n7865460 said:
so what you are saying is that if a deck can spawn weather 6 times,there should be 6 counter measures??so the weather deck is never supposed to win,ever?how is that balance?!

The funny thing is that there already are many more counters and not just clear weather. Even d-shackles can be used to undo weather effects... ot just promote units if you are playing NR. SK has a good counter with armorsmiths...ST can replay clear weather or reposition units... and then there's blizzard potion and quen (but those two are still a bit too situational as it seems). Plus every faction has at least one weather immune bronze unit.

Top Bottom