Is This The Upcoming Open Beta Patch?

+
Very interesting. That'll add a whole new strategic layer -- definitely looking forward to this. Would think it goes into the closed beta test first, though, since it's rather involved and may require quite a few card tweaks.

I say, bring it on! If CDPR believes in it, then I cant wait to see it.

I just hope they are mentally prepared for all the backlash and whining it will spark, worse then after any change introduced before. :D

Charm_quark2;n7862960 said:
I just hope they are mentally prepared for all the backlash and whining it will spark, worse then after any change introduced before. :D

Hahaha.

:victory:

Its a far too complicated change to be implemented during the open beta imo.

It should be live first in the closed.

I actually wanted to suggest something like this before but then I thought players going to shout that this is not a hos & blah blah blah so decided not to post.

But in the end this is strategy game & features like this opens more possibilities to play style as well as to strategies. I hope this will come in open beta & we going to see nice change in everyone's strategy.

Thanks for posting this.

Well, we definetly need more interesting mechanics, so by any means, bring it. It will sure bring diversity, although it could be hard to balance)

these are nice aditions,and they were pretty much expected in order to unlock the full potential of the core gameplay(i didnt personally expect them so fast,but its nice we will get to test them).

what i am worried right now the most though,is where from the card ideas are going to come when there are no more characters/units in the witcher lore.it is a big universe with a lot of lore,but even hearthstone run out of characters,and the WoW lore is exceptionally bigger than that of the witcher.i would like to listen to an official answer about this at sosme point.

pl91;n7863400 said:
what i am worried right now the most though,is where from the card ideas are going to come when there are no more characters/units in the witcher lore.it is a big universe with a lot of lore,but even hearthstone run out of characters,and the WoW lore is exceptionally bigger than that of the witcher.i would like to listen to an official answer about this at sosme point.

Keep in mind that we'll get singleplayer campaigns with several hours of story. If they need more characters they just write them and introduce them during the solo campaigns :)

It seems too complicated to me, and well, very unneeded. I wouldn't like my turn to last forever, because of having to think through every possible combination and position of the card I'm using.. but well, we'll see.

KasumiGoto;n7863430 said:
It seems too complicated to me, and well, very unneeded. I wouldn't like my turn to last forever, because of having to think through every possible combination and position of the card I'm using.. but well, we'll see.

If you ask me we seriously needs a... I am not going to say complicated but tricky gameplay as now many players are just building strong decks through online sources & starts playing byhearted strategy like AI.

With above changes I hope players will think more before playing which I loves in strategy games :)

Monster Conume decks are going to take forever to play/play against with this patch. If I have to wait for my opponent to place EVERY spawned Nekker/Araches that appear then I will probably lose my mind. If CDPR decides to auto place spawned units, people are going to cry when it costs them matches. I hope they find a compromise that people can live with. In general though, there's no way around the fact that they will be slowing the game down.

Looks very powerful and much more tactical battle :) but isn't it too complicated?
Stil if this is true, I can't wait to try it for myself! :)

Mivo;n7859510 said:
That'll add a whole new strategic layer

it won't... it's just going to add a general rule of thumb of "play things to the right or left" as we see in hearthstone... probably just going to turn out being a minor annoyance while playing the game.

if the goal is to limit the effect of cards like lacerate and hawker healer, all they need to do is limit the number of targets like kaedweni siege support.

I'm wondering why is it some stream about those changes and there's no official CDPR announcement.
It's a bit confusing. Reds usually announce about things like this by themselves.

Top Bottom