NG Exploit & Suggestion for Rank Matches

+
NG Exploit & Suggestion for Rank Matches

Hello... 1st of all I don't don't know this is already posted & known issue or not but if it's posted before feel free to lock or remove thread.

NOPE! It's not about Rot Tosser.

Main Cards of this exploits are - Leader John Calveit / Letho / Cahir / Stefan Skellen / Vilgefortz / Joachim de Wett / Cantarella / Operator

I am just going to explain how he use this exploit against me & not whole game moves.

After playing few bronze he copied Cantarella with Operator then he played one so I too do the same then he decoy my played Cantarella luckily I am too having decoy so I do same with 1st Cantarella he played then he played 2nd Cantarella & I thought wow more strength to me but then he use Leader John Calveit to take all Cantarella on his side & I am like wtf :/

Then as I am playing Bran he really don't care about Cahir timing & he quickly played him then he played Letho on my populated row & eat my all cards then he demoted Letho with something I don't remember but I think with DShack & while doing this Leader John Calveit ability is again activated so he again steal that big buffed Latho to his side.

Why this is exploit?
i] Because you really can't do anything about it.
ii] Cantarella is immune to weather so no way you can use weather on range row.
iii] The biggest advantage is card advantage which you gets from Cantarella so using Cahir against other leader is also easy.
iv] Even if you manage to deal with Cantarella.. Letho is getting enough strength from your cards to win the round.

Suggestion For Rank Play & Tournaments

CDPR really needs to add something in rank play where they can quickly ban this kind of exploits or all the cards in it as now we are in beta so it's ok but after final release if some one going to earn rank points like this then it's not going to make any sense.

As if we remember those previous NR exploits.. Just think what if some one use such kind of exploits in rank play ?

Same goes for Tournaments if it's a future plan. We seriously needs some quick ban on such cards till hot fix or new patch will come. Yes you can play with those cards in Casual matches but not in Rank mode or Tournaments.

Last edited:
I was doing the 3 cantarella's and leader wayback. Best use of the ability maybe. No offence, but best way to deal with this is scorch. Two of your side, one on opponents all at 12 power. NR is to promote them or the row. Not sure how any of that is an exploit. Sounds like intended uses.

idomyownstunts;n7872330 said:
I was doing the 3 cantarella's and leader wayback. Best use of the ability maybe. No offence, but best way to deal with this is scorch. Two of your side, one on opponents all at 12 power. NR is to promote them or the row. Not sure how any of that is an exploit. Sounds like intended uses.

And What about card advantage it's giving? & May be you use scorch on Cantarella then what about Letho? and it's not like only Cantarella is giving card advantage to NG Vilgefortz + Roach is also there.

I used dbomb on 1st row where actually those 1st 6 strength cards are buffed with Ambassador & then add resilience with Combat Engineer in 1st round other wise over all strength is pretty high then it's in screen shot.

Not here to solve all your issues with everything. Just saying. I don't use scorch I was merely telling you the best way to clear all three canta's. I still don't think either are exploits just good ways to use the leader ability.

As I know CDPR makes lot of changes in spy cards like added more strength as well made them weather immune to reduced card advantage thing but sadly this is going in favor of NG & I think this is not intentional.

So at least for me this is going to be an exploits only no matter what others going to say... sorry

Save your Decoy for when he DShackles Letho. Then bounce him and absorb three of your own units. He won't be a spy anymore and Calveit can't take him.

There's is no exploit going on whatsoever, it's exactly what Calviet is made for.
Copying a card that gives CA isn't a big deal as it gives you one to nullify his. It's like complaining about giving a buffed up Tourviel which gets removed by Morenn and they get to keep both.
Using Operator to thier advantage via their leader is 100% fair.

As for Letho, Having Calveit steal him is honestly his only saving grace. Letho is only used for four things, Most of them are situational.
1. Disrupting your opponents strategies that involve the graveyard (Queensguard/Foglets/Morkvarg)
2. Protecting your units from damage.
3. Pairing him the Bekkers Twisted Mirror. Either stealing your opponent strength by absorbing them or by having a Gold 1 strength on the board.
4. Stealing him with Calviet AFTER using D-Bomb/Shakles

The forth being his best use but also needing three cards in hand + their leader or four cards.
It won't always work and can be seen from a mile away

Tamacountry13;n7872520 said:
There's is no exploit going on whatsoever, it's exactly what Calviet is made for.
Copying a card that gives CA isn't a big deal as it gives you one to nullify his. It's like complaining about giving a buffed up Tourviel which gets removed by Morenn and they get to keep both.
Using Operator to thier advantage via their leader is 100% fair.

As for Letho, Having Calveit steal him is honestly his only saving grace. Letho is only used for four things, Most of them are situational.
1. Disrupting your opponents strategies that involve the graveyard (Queensguard/Foglets/Morkvarg)
3. Pairing him the Bekkers Twisted Mirror. Either stealing your opponent strength by absorbing them or by having a Gold 1 strength on the board.

The forth being his best use but also needing three cards in hand + their leader or four cards.
It won't always work and can be seen from a mile away

1st of all you should understand that NG is already having high strength cards so in 1st round NG can put very high strength with just few cards and with Combat Engineer they can carry forward this huge strength in next round so if opp. use his counter in 1st round then he is not having it in 2nd.

As I said early Cantarella isn't the only card who gives CA... NG bronze cards also enough to give CA by putting huge strength with cards like Nilfgaardian Knight + Ambassador + Combat Engineer or Vilgefortz + Roach is also there.

How you going to use Borkh?
How you going to use Kambi ?
Pass the round before he can finish the combo = What if I lost the 1st round which is quite easy against NG [ reason mentioned above ] as players not using this in 1st round.

So someone made a semi-viable Calveit deck (I have my doubts about it) and you call it exploit? I would have tipped my imaginary hat to the opponent after pulling a combo like this, but from your description it already sounds really inconsistent to pull it off, he probably had a god draw. I am rank 12 atm so I don't have any idea what is going on on the top but I did't see a sinjgle Calveit from probably rank 6 if not before, I do not fear our Calveit overlords anytime soon.

Works as intended I fear - its annoying- yes - but no exploit. But you can counter it in some ways. You know about the leader ability so try to mulligan your deck as good as you can for counter,

Mombamambo;n7872940 said:
So someone made a semi-viable Calveit deck (I have my doubts about it) and you call it exploit? I would have tipped my imaginary hat to the opponent after pulling a combo like this, but from your description it already sounds really inconsistent to pull it off, he probably had a god draw. I am rank 12 atm so I don't have any idea what is going on on the top but I did't see a sinjgle Calveit from probably rank 6 if not before, I do not fear our Calveit overlords anytime soon.

When I say it's a exploit... I am not saying that because..

1] I am facing this deck too much
2] I am loosing against this deck only
3] I don't know who to deal with it
4] I don't know the counter for it

But it's a simple thing for me which I mentioned above but seem my English is getting worse day by day which many members don't understand so sorry for that.

cdpr add more strength & weather immunity for some purpose which is CA as in many game CA decides the winner so with above strategy opp. is getting 2/3+ CA easily which is the main problem. I know that developers intentionally add the green strength buff to Cantarella but still it's a pretty high strength card plus weather immune too.

So imo CA is real exploit here as once you get 2/3+ card advantage playing Letho or weather/scorch/igni is super is & opp. can't react to it. It is same like currently NG is using Cahir with CA

you were outplayed by giving in to his manipulations with Decoy and Cantarella, you disregarded faction leader's ability and the strategy of the deck

pretty much the same as with ST ambush buff deck where they copy overbuffed Ciaran or Toruviel with Operator then you play your copy of it only to have it sniped by Morella giving her extra strength

this is nothing close to an exploit

Ever thought why Cantarella is a bad spy? Let us compare her with Stennis. Both are weather immune but Cantarella has 6 base strength while Stennis has 12 base strength. The main reason is that Nilfgaard has access to spy recalling tactics.

Someone copying Cantarella is not any worse then someone copying Eleyas and actually copying Eleyas screws other factions bigger then copying Cantarella. Now your opponent used spy mechanics to its full potential. There is no exploit over there.

Though remember that kind of spywork would not work well against a consume opponent where Ekimmaras or Kayran can make short work of any amount of Cantarella or Letho.

The thing that might be worth considering is if d-shackled Letho should keep the full strength.
I'd prefer his base strength to depend on the actual base strength of the units he banished, the rest should only be buffed strength. Or he loses all his strength when you take him back on your side.

But the whole thing is not an exploit and often situational. However it's super fun to play Calveit :),

Last edited:
1st NG spies gives huge buff then combat engineer ensures those highly buff cards goes into 2nd round too.

And now on that with leader Calveit ability NG going to take those all spies back again & with Cahir this can be done 2 times.

On that Letho can banish your all strong cards & then with Calveit or Twisted mirror NG stealing that too.

I mean Borkh is gold / DBomb is silver so exactly how many counters you going to use in all three rounds? & specially when opp. is having enough card advantage? We are not playing against AI but with human only & those who's using this strategy understands what to do & when to pass against your counters.

About proper card draw cards like Emissary / First light / Stefan / Vilgefort ensures proper cards & just look at those huge strength of gold cards too
Vilgefort - 8 / Stefan = 9 / Cahir = 10 all with great abilities :/

SO if you really don't think this is not a exploit then surely this needs nerf.

Tamacountry13;n7872520 said:

I think I heard my opponent scream the other night when the turn before his Kambi went off, I dropped Letho and sucked up 60 points of my of guys with gold protection.

Lexandre;n7873680 said:
you were outplayed by giving in to his manipulations with Decoy and Cantarella, you disregarded faction leader's ability and the strategy of the deck

Immediate Decoy of a spy is an amateur move. So quick to panic when the opponent gets card advantage.

frbfree;n7876560 said:
Immediate Decoy of a spy is an amateur move. So quick to panic when the opponent gets card advantage.

I have not use decoy immediately when he use decoy on my played cantarella which he gave me with operator I thought with leader ability he is going to steal it no matter what so giving him ca + cantarella is I thought going to be bad for me so I decided to use decoy to reduce CA

The main thing I hate is Cahir with 10 gold strength card activating leader ability & on that Letho :/

Top Bottom