Can't beat dagon

+
Can't beat dagon

(1) I can get around almost any deck. But dagon is far too hard. He can play weather cards like pigeons drops shit and the clear weather can remove only one weather effect (wish I could get old clear skies card back... without rally).
(2) But this is not the end! Usually when the round has ended, monster decks can have more than one monster on board (nekkers). This means (as I see it) higher draw pool.
(3) When I reached rank 4 I am mostly playing with higher ranks (5-6 I can work around them if they don't have really good deck).

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for replies!

SaschoS;n7885550 said:
(1) I can get around almost any deck. But dagon is far too hard. He can play weather cards like pigeons drops shit and the clear weather can remove only one weather effect

Dagon is merely another Aeromancy. The problem you have is with weather cards in general. The silver (double) weather cards already got nerfed in the latest patch.

To give some proper advice, could you tell which deck(s) you are using?

SaschoS;n7885550 said:
(wish I could get old clear skies card back... without rally).

That contradicts the solution to your problem. It will only make weather stronger.

SaschoS;n7885550 said:
(2) But this is not the end! Usually when the round has ended, monster decks can have more than one monster on board (nekkers). This means (as I see it) higher draw pool.

"Higher draw pool" What are you talking about?

I mean you can have like 9 weather cards while there is only 3 clear skies in whole game (don't know if there are any other cards that can clear weather effects) it is just the amount of weather Dagon can play.

I am using Foltest deck.

I don't really care about rally it should be separate card if you ask me. I use rally only if I am playing against decks without weather cards and I usually wait till last round to use it if opponent wont play any weather cards. When I am playing against monster decks I am going for 3 clear skies.

Higher draw pool - like having 3 cards already on board when the round starts

Last edited:
9 weather cards and what about the rest? 2 units? Just get some weather resistant ones, weather, poor infantry, buffing, whatever really...

If your trouble is precisely weatether - well, there is a topic on it (this one http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...s-aa/7801910-suggestion-thread-weather-rework)
But you also mention nekkers, wich arent weather resistant, so i assume its not about full-on weather control. Regardless, some good ways of beating weather are: buffing weathered units. Siege support even on weathered units is at least +7 power, even if unit itself also ends up weathered. Tunderbolts, CH, all of that helps. Then, since you're NR player, Kiera does surprisingly good job at it. Only saw her like twice against my wild hunt, and she's done work. Not sure on how good is she in other matchups thou. Other than that - it would really help if you could provide a decklist. Foltest is not the most popular leader this days, and its really hard to tell the kind of deck just by the fact you use him.

Don't use your first lights right away, rather buff your units so that he cannot kill them with his wild hunt warriors or lacerates - those are the things you should fear the most while being weathered. Don't buff single units too much.
Take a screenshot of your deck builder.

Dagon consume decks are tough. The only way to beat Dagon consistently is to sell out for card advantage. But this isn't always easy, because most of these decks begin with an opening turn Crones play. So you're down 21 from the toss, need at least 3 plays or more to carry the round, and they carry 7 over to the next round even if you pass.

If you are playing Monsters, Water Hag is the best defense against an opening play Crones. If you are playing anything else, Aeromancy is a must in most decks, just for this same reason. Though I would still pass the first round in most instances, unless I am holding a spy for the second round to regain advantage.

Knightlon;n7897920 said:
Crones -> pass is ugly.

I hesitate to say it's OP...because I don't like to say anything is OP. I like to think I can find an answer if I look hard enough. But this is a demoralizing situation to play against.

Funny is that with my actual deck when i see opponent is Dagon im happy af cause its (so far) 100% win for me. 3x FL and cards taht give me card advantage so always i got at least 1 more card in final round to play FL

I've been playing strictly Monsters since the closed beta hit, here's some tips you may be able to apply:
- If they drop Crones turn 1, they likely have a bad hand and want to get to round 2 ASAP in order to hope to draw into their combo pieces (namely Nekker / Nekker Warrior). In a consume Monsters deck, setting up the Nekker train is often the best play, as it gives every consume slightly more value. Since setting up the Nekker combo often lacks board presence for 2-4 turns, Crones are played afterward to keep up with the higher score that the opponent likely has.
- Weather often hurts Consume Monsters more than it helps. While they are able to spread out their points with Ekimmaras, most of their presence comes from Vran Warriors and Nekkers in the front row. I started using Dagon strictly to counter weather, but of course the added Aeromancy effect is handy.
- If they play Avallac'h in Round 1, they are likely conceding that round to you. Although this can be said for most spies.

- If they are an old fashioned weather monsters deck, wait for them to T-bolt Potion or Commander's Horn their Foglets since you can wipe them out with Clear Skies. Also don't run too many units that get destroyed by Geralt: Aard. Honestly, if you're running a Foltest deck, you ought to have many gold units that brush off weather. If it's REALLY that big of a problem for you, consider Blizzard Potions, which can negate a monster's weather immunity or make one of your own units immune.
- Alzur's Thunder the Vran Warrior (or Arachas Behemoth if they run it), it hits momentum hard.

- A consume monsters player is likely to aim for Monster Nest in Round 2 assuming they have stacked Nekkers in their deck. Assuming you're in a position to, Lacerate these, as this is not a play for this round - rather, they are setting up for the Nekkers in their deck to all spawn in Round 3 once the Monster Nested ones hit the grave.
- Try to get the last play of the game. Something as simple as a Trebuchet can foil a game-winning Grave Hag.
- Hold on to Scorch/D-Bomb. Consume monster players will get greedy with big Ekimmaras or Katakan in hopes of either making a large Kayran play or for keeping a massive unit between rounds. Likewise, if they have spawned rain with Dagon or Water Hag and have a huge Kayran, one D-Bomb or Shackles is all it takes to probably win that round.

Last edited:
No Title

OK. I would really loved to see how card games are made. Cause every child can make something like this. It reminds me when we were playing yugioh as kids making our own rules on the way like my monster looks cooler and can beat shit out of your 3 monsters. HS is doing same mistakes and they are doing some serious revamps. I just don't like the idea of cards going totally wild. Cause sooner or later there will be problems. Usually developers goes for standard and legacy to avoid this problem (I don't know why would you do that except to get rid of old cards and put new ones for people to buy). And I don't know why would you make two decks for meta while others are just pushed aside. I mean it is f waste of work and time.

Here is my deck

Attachments

• photo116970.jpg
    photo116970.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 45
SaschoS;n7885550 said:

Try using Mardroeme to destroy the Nekkers before it being buffed up or could be replicated, one of the advantages of destroying the card this way is that it will trigger the card ability to replace it with another one from the deck.

Top Bottom