Why 4 golden cards only for use?

+
Why 4 golden cards only for use?

Hi all.

If i remember well, the quest "high stakes" in the game witcher 3 needed at least 5 golden cards. Why there is no 5 golden cards in this game too? In my opinion 4 golden cards is not much.​

Witcher 3 Gwent is not the same as this Gwent. The answer to your question is ''because game needs balance''.

Well...

I agree the game needs balance, and the gold/silver rule works perfectly.

But I might be interested in a freestyle PvP option. Mix factions, unlimited gold/silver. No rewards, no rank points, no GG option. No incentive whatsoever to play, other than "let me see how ridiculous this could be".

tsisde;n7895240 said:
Hi all.

If i remember well, the quest "high stakes" in the game witcher 3 needed at least 5 golden cards. Why there is no 5 golden cards in this game too? In my opinion 4 golden cards is not much.​

There was no such thing as 'gold' cards in witcher 3 Gwent. The 'hero' cards, although be it similar and no doubt the basis for the idea of gold cards are not the same.

in witcher 3 gwent there were only hero and regular cards, and no limit on the number you could put in your deck. So now that the game has multiplayer there has to be at least some form of restriction and a way to balance decks, especially with silver cards which are a brand new concept to the game.

There is 4 golden cards limit is Gwent. Yep. And in chess you have 16 chess pieces. It has a name: rules.
And usually someone who's inventing a game creates them (the rules).
I know, messed up.

frbfree;n7897000 said:
... I might be interested in a freestyle PvP option. Mix factions, unlimited gold/silver. No rewards, no rank points, no GG option.
So you would like to see a true massacre/carnage option, where things might become completey bloody, messy and ruthless? ;)

Also don't forget that new players only have one. It's quite nice for them to know that the opponent can have only 3 more, not 4.

frbfree;n7897000 said:
Well...

But I might be interested in a freestyle PvP option. Mix factions, unlimited gold/silver. No rewards, no rank points, no GG option. No incentive whatsoever to play, other than "let me see how ridiculous this could be".

LOL sounds cool, maybe not mix factions eventually

it's called balancing friend. in witcher 3 gwent you could have 10 gold cards and i could beat the AI sometimes 100 to 10-20. 4 golds limit with 6 limit on silver brings in skill factors

Top Bottom