Is it me or there are more and more HS streamers coming to gwent?

+
Is it me or there are more and more HS streamers coming to gwent?

I noticed on twitch that some Heartstone streamers started to play Gwent and those streamers have 1k+ viewers. Is heartstone really in a such a bad shape these days, because that is what I heard.

Can't say. Never played HS. But, it serves to reason that as they hand out more beta codes, more people will stream on twitch. I'm sure HS does well enough, but everything knew gets a look.

HS ranked mode has always been terrible and it is heard that lately they've made it even worse. Also the game relies on RNG, it's basically a coin toss simulator. But today they announced a new expansion so things might change, though I highly doubt it

I heard that some high rank hs player, Lifecoach, announced that he left hs for gwent. He's an ex poker pro and made to the rank 15 in 8 days. So, he might have brought some people with him.
On a side note, let's hear again those people who were claiming that poker is "completely different" from gwent.

HenryGrosmont;n7938740 said:
Ok, are we going into semantics here? A decent poker player will do good in gwent. Was a clear now?

Yes you were clear, but I disagree. Have you played really? Not apps or that bull but live one?

HenryGrosmont;n7938870 said:
I used to do it for a few years, as an additional steady income.

Cool mate. So did I as a side kick while I was at college. I find that Gwent lacks psychological aspect of the game not to mention that Gwent tends to get automated after some time ( current meta) while poker always has that "live" feel to it, at least imo that is

Surla;n7939000 said:
Cool mate. So did I as a side kick while I was at college. I find that Gwent lacks psychological aspect of the game not to mention that Gwent tends to get automated after some time ( current meta) while poker always has that "live" feel to it, at least imo that is
I do agree about current meta and that was one of the reasons I voiced my concern several times already.
And yes, live is completely different. However, online experience teaches you math and analitics which are handy in gwent. Same goes for probability.
btw, the toughest games ibplayed were 3-6 and 4-8. Usually populated by at least semi pros.
5-10 and higher were just aggro businessmen trying hard to lose 5heir money. But variance there was higher too.
Cheers

HenryGrosmont;n7939100 said:
I do agree about current meta and that was one of the reasons I voiced my concern several times already.
And yes, live is completely different. However, online experience teaches you math and analitics which are handy in gwent. Same goes for probability.
btw, the toughest games ibplayed were 3-6 and 4-8. Usually populated by at least semi pros.
5-10 and higher were just aggro businessmen trying hard to lose 5heir money. But variance there was higher too.
Cheers

I've lost interest in Gwent recently, so i just play a few casual games to try to get some more new cards from the kegs but nothing more. Ranked I don't play anymore at all, it's too boring to bare. Its only interesting when they patch it and for a short period of time people are not dead set on playing preset decks in an attempt to bore me to death in ranked. As for poker, I mostly played 3-6 and tournaments. Your businessmen were tourists for me, playing their money out just for the sake of fun since, hell, it's vacation for them
:cheers:

HenryGrosmont;n7938660 said:
On a side note, let's hear again those people who were claiming that poker is "completely different" from gwent.

The laws of probability are better for a poker player. Both players are playing from a set deck of 52. A made hand has a limited number of hands better than it. The only thing that matters is the variation of poker. For example, Omaha Hold 'Em is significantly more complex than Texas Hold 'Em. By the time the River comes in Texas Hold 'Em, you might already know the outcome, or at the very least, which hands above yours are impossible.

Given current Gwent Meta, it's easier to hunch earlier in the match. If you are good at reading poker probability, that doesn't mean you are good at reading Gwent probability. But there's a very good chance that VERY GOOD poker players can read their opponent, even based on how they play on a platform. IE, if you highlight a card, move away from it, look at it again, etc.

SuperJJ and LifeCoach are really great even if they are not the most popular streamers/players it's still a good thing for gwent. Noxious also played a lot of Gwent and is taking a huge break from Hearthstone. But as I said they are all small fishes.

if someone like Forsen/Amaz/Kolento and such stopped Hs or just play gwent on stream for a while it would be freaking huge for the media exposure of Gwent (for the better or the worst tho because Forsen viewers are specials)

Surla;n7939200 said:
As for poker, I mostly played 3-6 and tournaments. Your businessmen were tourists for me, playing their money out just for the sake of fun since, hell, it's vacation for them
:cheers:
I don't like tournaments. Cash games all the way... :)
frbfree;n7939250 said:
The laws of probability are better for a poker player. Both players are playing from a set deck of 52. A made hand has a limited number of hands better than it. The only thing that matters is the variation of poker. For example, Omaha Hold 'Em is significantly more complex than Texas Hold 'Em. By the time the River comes in Texas Hold 'Em, you might already know the outcome, or at the very least, which hands above yours are impossible.

Given current Gwent Meta, it's easier to hunch earlier in the match. If you are good at reading poker probability, that doesn't mean you are good at reading Gwent probability. But there's a very good chance that VERY GOOD poker players can read their opponent, even based on how they play on a platform. IE, if you highlight a card, move away from it, look at it again, etc.
I disagree here. Actually, in current meta it's much easier to predict what card is gong to be played, based solely on a deck. And here what distinguishes a very good gwent player from a good one - he can always surprise you and adapt.
Reading an opponent in Gwent, as I can see it, could only be based on decks. It's not that they have betting patterns here and so on...
Poker tells are usually betting patterns and not ear scratching. It is also impossible in gwent to track every player you played against. It was much easier in online poker, in live even more-so.

Watched that LifeCoach's video, got intrigued. He surely takes a lot of time to play but results speak for themselves.

A decent poker player will do good in gwent. Was a clear now?

I feel that players who excel in a game that combines luck (probability math) and skill will generally do well at other luck/skill games also. LC is a highly analytical person with a knack for problem solving, and he was also a top player in HS and Faeria. It's like with musicians: if you are professional guitar player, you won't have much trouble taking up other, fundamentally similar plucked string instruments.

Ok, are we going into semantics here? A decent poker player will do good in gwent. Was a clear now?

being a poker player, and a better than decent one, I must say that statement is a bit generalized. I see how looking at leader cards and deck choices and card usage early on can tell a story, but to say that I should do well on gwent because I know when a fish is bluffing with ease, or when to raise based on a combination of physical tells and betting patterns, combined with play history, is a stretch. I'm still struggling to make a deck I can play well with, weather especially jacks me up when I think I have a good deck going. I would say its more of an experience thing than a set of general skills, not that they don't help. The guy who was a poker player also played hs, which undoubtedly gave him an advantage as opposed to someone like me, who never touched a game like heartstone or magic until I came across gwent in the witcher 3.

HenryGrosmont;n7938660 said:

Former competitive poker player here, and I find Gwent has a lot of the traits I like best in poker. They're different, of course, but I'm surprised by how much they have in common.

how did the topic change from "hearthstone streamers playing gwent" to "i'm a poker player and i'll give you internet lessons about how two completely different games relate to each other"...?

RickMelethron;n7941430 said:
how did the topic change from "hearthstone streamers playing gwent" to "i'm a poker player and i'll give you internet lessons about how two completely different games relate to each other"...?

By popular demand :victory:

infringer;n7938380 said:
HS ranked mode has always been terrible and it is heard that lately they've made it even worse. Also the game relies on RNG, it's basically a coin toss simulator. But today they announced a new expansion so things might change, though I highly doubt it

Ha-ha, every time there's a new expansion coming people hope HS will change for the better. But the fact is, there's more RNG with each update and most of the games are indeed decided by who goes first and who plays on curve.

When the game has 9 classes, over 1000 cards and everyone is playing the same couple decks (ok, maybe 5-7), something is very wrong.

Veteran players are pretty much tired of this and naturally are looking for a game where skill matters. And the streamers go where the viewers are (of course, the streamers themselves are tired of streaming one game for 3 years).

Top Bottom