Gwent kegs drop rates

+
Gwent kegs drop rates

Hello everyone!

I would like to create a little study of how fast can you actually complete your collection (the tricky part is - the more cards you have the bigger the chance of getting duplicates). The thing I am missing are drop rates.
I have some small samples ~100 kegs from KBT stream and reddit, but it is nowhere near the needed sample. Also they don't show the difference between 4 cards that are random and 4th card you can choose from 3 given options.

Do you know of anyone trying to reverse-engineer drop rates? Maybe you have your own sample of 100+ kegs to add to the sample? Also why do you think DEVs don't share this information?

heres the rate lol, every thousand kegs you might get one epic, seems that way to me, ninety percent of what I get in kegs is crap.

SzymonAtan;n7939190 said:
I would like to create a little study of how fast can you actually complete your collection

if you're willing to drop a couple hundred bucks, you'll complete your collection in less than a day ;)

My results from opening 500 kegs were one legendary per 16.5 kegs, one epic per 5 kegs, and an average keg value of around 38 scraps (not counting legendaries). Not a huge sample size, but it seems to be in line with what others have reported. There were stretches of 30+ kegs without a legendary, and I had two within eight kegs.

For completing the collection (non-animated), I'd estimate maybe 600 kegs. But this largely depends on your luck too. If you spend money, it's most efficient to spend it early on when you need most of the cards.

Last edited:
Mivo;n7941490 said:
I'd estimate maybe 600 kegs

you were very close - my calculations basing on drop rates in this topic indicate that it would take you to open on average 616 kegs to go from starting collection to full colection with perfect crafting (i,e avoiding crafting until you can craft everything). Depenging on your luck 90% of results are between 562 and 674 kegs.

That means if you plan to buy an entire collection you would have to buy 60-kegs pack for 63 euros at least 10 times, 630 euro - big money.

This calculation assumes that you have no other source of cards and scrap - next task - calulate some realistic goals (like to have enough cards to play tier 1 decks) and add scrap income to the calculation.

SzymonAtan;n7951800 said:
That means if you plan to buy an entire collection you would have to buy 60-kegs pack for 63 euros at least 10 times, 630 euro - big money.

Huh, lets take that example even further. Lets say you play two tiers a day for 3 kegs. That's 200 days to complete the collection without paying. Not bad for a CCG. Anyhow, two tiers is 18 rounds. A round takes 5 minutes on average. So that's 90 minutes per day, but lets say 120 minutes with losses. 3 Kegs cost 3.15 Euro or 1.57 Euro per hour.

Those are very rough numbers. I guess it's faster to work overtime and buy all the cards. Probably not as enjoyable though.

4RM3D;n7951900 said:
That's 200 days to complete the collection without paying.
It is much less than that - my calculation omitts getting scrap from daily quest tiers, gg, ranked rewards, leveling rewards and other sources of scrap. And the more cards you have, the more value scrap has over gold.

Yep, Gwent is the most generous CCG that I know of, and probably the best choice for F2P players. Even if you estimate 180 minutes for tier 1 and 2, which is probably pessimistic and 120 minutes mentioned above is more realistic, it's still substantially better than other games in this genre.

Today has been a really worth (should I say lucky ?) day. Played for about 4 hours. Passed 2 ranks. At the end of the day I open 8 kegs. I get 3 legendaries and 1 epics out of them. Because f*** stats haha !

i tried my luck with 60 and got 1 800scrap card. hopefully I get lucky when I reopen them or I won't buy any more :p

One in 60 seems super unlucky. It's very likely things will go better when you open them again. :)

Top Bottom