Quitting until they fix NR

+
Quitting until they fix NR

This faction is a joke right now.

Don't understand why they nerfed medics and other units. Nenneke being permadeath is a joke. Now Shani has no other good target to res besides Priscilla - that will give a Ballista and a First Light when our last unit is... the Ballista!! Yay - and demoted units.

Playing NR feels like we are playing Witcher 3's Vanilla NR against the other new fun OP factions.

Unlike SK, Monsters and ST, that can have their own playstyle without many control cards, we can only stand a chance if we have at least 2 clear skies, Aeromancy/Frost, Thunder, D-Bomb/Shackles and so on.

Our bronze units are a joke, they feel completely vanilla.

So I'm quitting until they fix NR and I encourage other NR players to do the same. And I'm not talking about small buffs, I'm talking about a complete revamp.

Please CDPR do something about it.

Last edited:
just a thought: you could try a different faction, or at least a different type of deck... seeing as there are soooo many ways for NR to crush opponents...?
or, you know, just bye and good health..

ArianeGrosmont;n7949800 said:
just a thought: you could try a different faction, or at least a different type of deck... seeing as there are soooo many ways for NR to crush opponents...?
or, you know, just bye and good health..

Agreed. I've bounced between factions and NG has been quite entertaining not to mention I've been able to craft and unlock some good neutral cards (ex. Yen: con & ciri: flash) that have greatly improved my deck. Haven't gone back to NR to implement those neutral cards but doing that another time.

To wwgog - welp, bye Felicia

wwgog;n7949690 said:
Now Shani has no other good target to res besides Priscilla.

...or King of Beggars or even Pavetta. Speaking of which; a common NR tactic is to win round one and drop Villentretenmerth (+ Prince Stennis) in round two. Spice it up a bit with Pavetta and you're good to go against a lot of decks.

If you link your current deck here, we could give you some specific hints.

No Title

4RM3D;n7950070 said:
...or King of Beggars or even Pavetta. Speaking of which; a common NR tactic is to win round one and drop Villentretenmerth (+ Prince Stennis) in round two. Spice it up a bit with Pavetta and you're good to go against a lot of decks.

If you link your current deck here, we could give you some specific hints.

I really don't think my deck has a problem, its a very small variation from KWN's deck, but here ya go.

Attachments

• photo116710.png
    photo116710.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 32
wwgog;n7949690 said:
Now Shani has no other good target to res besides Priscilla
I disagree. You still have Lubberkin and Dandelion. These card very annoy when come back in Gold Card on round 3, even better than Priscilla in some case with Henselt. And you shouldn't waste your gold slot with Renew when you have no chance to redraw (that card only best with Skellige discard and Nilfgaardian faction).

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
wwgog;n7952520 said:
I really don't think my deck has a problem, its a very small variation from KWN's deck, but here ya go.

Yeah, it looks pretty okay for control. Don't have much to add, except for maybe Pavetta. I haven't tried her myself, so I cannot comment on her meta.

DEERCG;n7952730 said:
I disagree. You still have Lubberkin and Dandelion. These card very annoy when come back in Gold Card on round 3, even better than Priscilla in some case with Henselt. And you shouldn't waste your gold slot with Renew when you have no chance to redraw (that card only best with Skellige discard and Nilfgaardian faction).

Maybe for a Henselt deck. But I play Radovid Control. Its not like I have much slots to get rid off to play Dandelion or Bloody Baron.

4RM3D;n7952740 said:
Yeah, it looks pretty okay for control. Don't have much to add, except for maybe Pavetta. I haven't tried her myself, so I cannot comment on her meta.

The problem with Pavetta is that its very situational. Tried it once and it was great against Monster weather and Skellige dwarfs (and this deck already does well against those), but horrible against NG, SK, Monster consume (since they will always have at least one Nekker in the board no matter how many times you kill it, that gives them enough board control to breed it and consume it later).

But anyway thanks for trying to be helpful despite my salt.

I'm just really disappointed at the current state of NR compared to other factions. Really don't understand how CDPR let things get to this current state.

Every other faction has been through the same thing! NR has been the most consistently dominating faction since the release.. now you find it harder to win, when the game is more balanced you're going to find it hard to win..

Your deck is the same as every other NR deck,, why don't you try something new and unpredictable,,,,,,,, you know Beta Testing?!?!

Don't you think that everyone on here has trouble with their decks from time to time?

I'm sure the devs know the win rate of factions so they can make adjustments,, they adjusted NR "Really don't understand how CDPR let things get to this current state" because their stats showed that it was stronger than other factions.. & it's Beta.. they're testing too..

Don't go quitting to playing Snap just yet.. try something new and don't expect to win until you get the mix right,,

xox

"So I'm quitting until they fix NR and I encourage other NR players to do the same" << lol :'( how old are you 10

wwgog;n7949690 said:
we can only stand a chance if we have at least 2 clear skies, Aeromancy/Frost, Thunder, D-Bomb/Shackles and so on.

pretty much every deck needs 1-2 clear skies... i never used aeromancy or frost and i'm doing just fine... thunder and shackles are two other staples in pretty much every deck.

wwgog;n7949690 said:
Our bronze units are a joke, they feel completely vanilla.

balistas and KSS are amazing; especially when combined with reaver scouts.
temerian foot soldier is an instant 12 strength + 2 thinners, another very strong card

there's a reason why radovid control is one of the most powerful decks in this patch... (and many other patches before this one)

Rad Control is a very solid deck. I agree the cards that synergize (is that a word?) with Henselt and Foltest have made it so they are difficult to play in ranked mode. They need some love. They nerfed medics because everyone spammed them to death. They needed to be nerfed so that every time you didn't end up with a medic chain that was 4-5 cards long in rounds two and three. Like elven mercs being made relentless ... it needed to happen IMO.

Rawls;n7953000 said:
Rad Control is a very solid deck. I agree the cards that synergize (is that a word?) with Henselt and Foltest have made it so they are difficult to play in ranked mode. They need some love. They nerfed medics because everyone spammed them to death. They needed to be nerfed so that every time you didn't end up with a medic chain that was 4-5 cards long in rounds two and three. Like elven mercs being made relentless ... it needed to happen IMO.

Its solid but yet, its a frankstein deck, a community creation, no synergy between its units at all, and it relly mostly on neutral gold cards. The other removal cards are all simple cards that every faction has some equal card, but in their case it has synergy with their other units as well.

Just check with the top NR player to see what their think. They all share the same opinion.

EDIT: Oh, about the medics. It doesn't help make it so weak. Field Medics are only useful now in some Henselt/Foltest decks, playing against control decks, when they're trying to combo. Unless the other player care to remove your card (which will not be the case most of the times you're facing Skellige, Scoia'Tael and Monsters), it can end up being a dead card in your hand or having very low utility after you already played tons of random bronze units and they were not removed. At least they should allow us to target a bronze unit instead of being random. Another thing, NR can't have 4-5 cards played by medics, but SK can? Restore > Sigrdrifa/Priestess of Freya > 3 buffed in base str Queensgard. If not Queensgard, keeping buffed Morkvarg, Olgierd and playing 16 str Ciri-Dash doesn't help that either. SK has the strongest 3rd round of all factions.

They should at least have the same logic to Temerian Foot Soldiers, when one is ressurected all come from graveyard. Or make so Nenekke could ressurect Field Medics, then Field Medics could target an unit. So the worst that could happen it would be the same as SK. Nenekke > Field Medic > A random (or not) bronze unit.

It wouldn't solve all the problems but it would be a start.

Last edited:
Before you up and uninstall in anger, just remember that this is in closed beta phase and the whole idea is for you to wind up playing a faction, find it lacking and then calmly direct it to the attention of the developers. If you find glaring problems, the solution is to figure out what're its shortcomings that balance it out; and if you absolutely can't, that's when you start discussing it. Raging and deciding to quit because your favorite faction (out of 5 total available) is ludicrous when the game isn't even out yet. Totally different story when you're playing a finished product.

wwgog;n7953080 said:
Its solid but yet, its a frankstein deck, a community creation, no synergy between its units at all, and it relly mostly on neutral gold cards.
I mean ... I think that Radovid was designed to be a control leader. His ability screams control. I'm not sure why people would think he was created to lead something other than a control deck. You rely on the passive gold buffs all your golds get, on thinning the deck as much as possible (to get more golds) and on destroying all your opponent cards. You even generally get to nuke one of your opponents golds. Seems like the intended purpose for the leader to me.

However, assuming you are correct about Radovid being intended for something other than control ... even if the deck is a community creation, I think that's a good thing. It means that players can take decks in unexpected directions. Unexpected directions means more variety ... which in ccgs is good.

since a lot of players can decimate with the deck you're playing, maybe the problem isn't that CDPR adjusted the game, but that you haven't adjusted your way of playing?

wwgog;n7953080 said:
EDIT: Oh, about the medics. It doesn't help make it so weak. Field Medics are only useful now in some Henselt/Foltest decks, playing against control decks, when they're trying to combo. Unless the other player care to remove your card (which will not be the case most of the times you're facing Skellige, Scoia'Tael and Monsters), it can end up being a dead card in your hand or having very low utility after you already played tons of random bronze units and they were not removed. At least they should allow us to target a bronze unit instead of being random. Another thing, NR can't have 4-5 cards played by medics, but SK can? Restore > Sigrdrifa/Priestess of Freya > 3 buffed in base str Queensgard. If not Queensgard, keeping buffed Morkvarg, Olgierd and playing 16 str Ciri-Dash doesn't help that either. SK has the strongest 3rd round of all factions
Thats basicly the trouble. NR could outperform "graveyard" faction in reschaining. I highly doubt anyone really misses the reschain times. Sure, field medics werent just nerfed, they were murdered, pretty much like silver weather. Wich leads us to an assumtion that devs dont really know how to change those yet, but are assured thay shall change them. And since promotion arctype did never really work, NR are left with control. Not the best spot, but at least you got one competetive archtype. And surely, playing 3 round against QG morkvarg is a bad idea... so just go for 2-0. Then they dont get full value of Mork/Olgierd/their faction passive. Its utterely satisfying to see QG forefeit with +3 CA, because well, everything they have is allready on the board, and restoration on a clan dimun wont save the day.

Honestly, I'm okay with NR the way it is.

Yes, on the whole, it's weaker than some other decks, but that just makes winning with it all the more satisfying.

wwgog;n7952760 said:
Maybe for a Henselt deck. But I play Radovid Control. Its not like I have much slots to get rid off to play Dandelion or Bloody Baron.

The problem with Pavetta is that its very situational. Tried it once and it was great against Monster weather and Skellige dwarfs (and this deck already does well against those), but horrible against NG, SK, Monster consume (since they will always have at least one Nekker in the board no matter how many times you kill it, that gives them enough board control to breed it and consume it later).

But anyway thanks for trying to be helpful despite my salt.

I'm just really disappointed at the current state of NR compared to other factions. Really don't understand how CDPR let things get to this current state.

Pavetta is great against Nekkers. Wait for your opponent to copy them with Nekker Warriors and then multiply them on the board with Monster Nest. Lay down Pavetta. She kills all the Nekkers (many of them because they were breeded), which are then substituted by the copied Nekkers from the deck... and killed again by Pavetta's second shot. And just like that you depleted your opponent of Nekkers, and completely wasted his Nekker Warriors and Monster Nest.

Top Bottom