weather cheese is everywhere now

+
weather cheese is everywhere now

looks like a lot of ez'ers have built themself a weather deck by now..

4/6 matches today against it and i lost em all

with cards such as Imlerith, Draug, Old speartip, gaunter, o'dimm, Nithral

it is RIP row

i have 3x first light in deck + i use 3x elven merc (which randomly picks a special card and i only have first light + 2x thunder +1x adrenalin) that makes chances pretty high to play them all
i even use ambush to deny weather cards and got 3 healers so this (should) make it a pretty decent deck against weather but with the other monster who spam weather it is by far not enough and with avallach they can manage to get card advantage making the precious last first light on hand useless ..

much win much ez lets just stop to give all weather cheesers a gg ok?

Attachments

• photo117300.jpg
    photo117300.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
JoachimDeWett;n7973450 said:
So you are complaining because a deck is a consistent counter to the deck you are playing ?
This.

Also, if Weather were a dominant deck, I could see the OP's point, at least understand it. But it isn't, far from it...

Last edited:
Do you have blizzard potion in your deck? Could be useful - not only can you make your units immune to weather, you can also take the weather immunity from enemy units.

Yea it's kinda OP, i've created my Dagon weather like 3-4 weeks ago, and just hit rank 15!! :D
And now I've faced mostly monster decks, not a single Skellige Discard, and only 1 Radovid Control, who forfeited in round 2 hah.

So If you do come across a Torrun, do give him a good game, I've started using it before it was cool(in this "second wave" of monster weather)! :p

Though it really is OP, i have all weather Gold cards, a Water Hag, Aeromancy, Frost, Fog, and the Leader ability, it is kinda too much i admit.

The reason it is considered to be "bad" is players take no precaution while building decks, mostly. If you have only one strategy and get rekt when it has been countered, too bad. Git gud, as the youngsters say these days.

While weather monster is very predictable, making it so if you have the last play in the game its very winnable, if you don't it can also be instant loss. Its very boring to play against as well, as they will just spam weather with the tons of options they have and you can only have 3 clear skies.

I do think they shouldn't have so many options to cast weather. Imo there should be like a limit of special cards you could have, of course if you pick only bronze cards you could have more than if you only picked silver. Or it could have a tag like "weather" in the special weather cards, and special slots for them, so when you try to add more than a limited amount to your deck it would say "You can only have X weather cards in your deck"

Madras_Pfeffer;n7973880 said:
Do you have blizzard potion in your deck? Could be useful - not only can you make your units immune to weather, you can also take the weather immunity from enemy units.

Its also only useful against one deck from one faction and it will end up dead in you hand 99% of the time.

I've only ran against a person playing blizz potion only once, and it was a Henselt deck, and it was his last card, and he used on my units as he had already lost the game.

Bolzenschuss;n7973330 said:

Yea my friends have quit till the weather is gone, or better. I suggested a few answers (like what was said here) but it is just so strong, and numerous I guess they are just lactose intolerant. :p

Prob be more eventually, as the weather thing goes on.. It is alpha though so they have time to fix it, just whoever made this choice should really rethink hiring out for someone who understands what balance is cause wow lol...

It's not cool to deny a GG to someone because of their deck, mainly because the opponent doesn't know why, resources are scarce, and it makes you look like a sore loser, which only encourages them to continue on.

Last edited:
"playing against weather so boring" hahaha specially when you know you have 25% chance of winning against them and at any second the battle result can turn against you.
there are counters to even the best weather monster decks, it certainly isn't scoiatael's job, git gud or get frosted and drown in rain.

gigabomb;n7978370 said:
It's not cool to deny a GG to someone because of their deck, mainly because the opponent doesn't know why, resources are scarce, and it makes you look like a sore loser, which only encourages them to continue on.

I don't GG any weather deck.. They are using a broken system for cheese, and I am glad to hear others don't either. That includes when I am using one myself :p

Last edited:
Jeckel;n7979330 said:
I don't GG any weather deck.. They are using a broken system for cheese, and I am glad to hear others don't either. That includes when I am using one myself :p

if you think weather is unbeatable or hard to beat devs are the ones you should not GG not players, can't get over how much people are butthurt about weather decks. there are ways to beat it i swear.

Ruthless95;n7979410 said:
if you think weather is unbeatable or hard to beat devs are the ones you should not GG not players, can't get over how much people are butthurt about weather decks. there are ways to beat it i swear.

Their choice to use it, as it is my choice not to GG.. And if it didn't have an overwhelming win rate you wouldn't see near as much of it as you do. It is just broken, and needs to be fixed and people are taking advantage of that fact. So they can just expect not to get GG'ed I mean oh well play something not broken if it is such a big deal to you.

Jeckel;n7979530 said:
Their choice to use it, as it is my choice not to GG.

That's about the only part of your post which is true.

Jeckel;n7979530 said:
And if it didn't have an overwhelming win rate you wouldn't see near as much of it as you do.

Thank you, captain obvious, It's called the meta.

Jeckel;n7979530 said:
It is just broken, and needs to be fixed and people are taking advantage of that fact. So they can just expect not to get GG'ed I mean oh well play something not broken if it is such a big deal to you.

It's broken in your OPINION. You have made a few posts about this stating like it's a fact, which it's not. Some people will ride the OP train where ever it goes. But there are still plenty who play decks not because they are OP, not even because they have a high win rate, but because they actually enjoy it.

You say weather is broken, other people say discard (SK) is broken, other other people say... something else is broken. Where does it end? For starters, when people stop complaining and stop throwing catch words around like 'cheese', 'OP' and 'broken' and instead start giving some constructive feedback as to how to improve this game.

x3 First Light, x3 Blizzard Potion, x3 Quen Sign, x1 Dimeritium Bomb. Is that enough card for your counter monster weather deck?

DEERCG;n7979600 said:
x3 First Light, x3 Blizzard Potion, x3 Quen Sign, x1 Dimeritium Bomb. Is that enough card for your counter monster weather deck?

yes now we just need a option to choose a deck when we face one

4RM3D;n7979570 said:
That's about the only part of your post which is true.
The only part of the post you seem to actually know about.

4RM3D;n7979570 said:
Thank you, captain obvious, It's called the meta.
Well it is interesting you say that considering there are several meta decks, and none of them have the win rate or player rate that monsters do. None of them have the same impact as weather so your meta is twisted. Even the developers have said that weather needs work. If this is an opinion then it is one shared by more then think all is just fine as it is.

4RM3D;n7979570 said:
It's broken in your OPINION. You have made a few posts about this stating like it's a fact, which it's not. Some people will ride the OP train where ever it goes. But there are still plenty who play decks not because they are OP, not even because they have a high win rate, but because they actually enjoy it.

You say weather is broken, other people say discard (SK) is broken, other other people say... something else is broken. Where does it end? For starters, when people stop complaining and stop throwing catch words around like 'cheese', 'OP' and 'broken' and instead start giving some constructive feedback as to how to improve this game.

First enjoying the deck doesn't mean you have to refuse how it is tilted in weathers favor, nor does it mean you have to defend it as Meta when it is obvious stronger then any other meta deck out there. You can enjoy something and realize the faults that need to be fixed... Well most can at least.

Where does it end? It ends in a balanced game that takes time to make. It doesn't end where there is one unbalanced faction among the group. What do you think we should do just say ah well sure it has advantage over all these decks unless they build specifically against it, which will leave them weak to all the others so it is fine don't worry about it. And sure some people will ride the OP train wherever it goes, so you are agreeing that it is OP? I am glad we can agree on that,

And the reason why those words are used, are because the fit the situation. I don' t ask you to stop using the word You, because it would be silly. OP is a good definition of weather, so why shouldn't people use it? I mean you got the meaning didn't you? How constructive is it to argue over the words?

Last edited:
It's true weather is too punishing for a game mechanic, but it's also Scoiatel's weak point by design.

Top Bottom