The Most Annoying Card(s)

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
The Most Annoying Card(s)

The previous three(!) threads were so volatile (and legendary), that when a certain someone tried to merge them into one... well, it's like chemistry. You shouldn't mix certain elements. They might... explode.

Ahem, here we go again.

I don't wanna be that guy but if the other three threads didn't work out, why start another so soon after
:what2:

yennefer the conjurer , shes very annoying , she was fine at 4 STR, that's where she should be

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
zantclick;n8032780 said:
I don't wanna be that guy but if the other three threads didn't work out, why start another so soon after

They did work out, but they were removed because of an error. So, I've recreated the thread for those that still want to discuss it further.

Cahir - played after you have no card left to counter it - closely followed from the Cow Throwers - stinky mess :D - just annoying

Yennefer: Conjurer, definetely.
It's such a mindless play, every deck uses it. At least 90% of decks I face every day have her.
Also there aren't many cards that can counter her.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
ThePrody;n8033040 said:
yennefer the conjurer , shes very annoying
Tomislaus_CRO;n8035510 said:
Yennefer: Conjurer, definetely.

Yeah. It's not that I think she is OP. It's just that you can mindlessly play her with little risk.

Harold the Cripple

As a consume player I hate seeing this card. You know it's coming in round 3 and you know it's going to hurt. Not a whole lot can be done to protect all my units especially if savage bear and others is damaging everything. At the same time it's satisfying to beat this deck.

zantclick;n8032780 said:
Moderator: Unfortunately, the previous three threads fell prey to a technical error, which resulted in their disappearance. (Essentially, unintended banishment.) They were not removed for any other reasons. Feedback about which cards players find annoying can potentially be instructive. Therefore, users are welcome to continue posting about these here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please, carry on.

I revise my answer from the previous thread and vote King Bran.

Seriously, seriously sick of seeing Bran now every ranked game today has been the exact same Bran deck...it's getting really, really boring. Its not even overly hard to beat..It's just getting ridiculously boring playing it over and over and over again lol.

Last edited:
Sorry about that guys, I just assumed due to the context of the OP, "volatile", sounded as though people were stepping on each other's toes. My bad :)

Yencon, beyond any doubt.

The real problem is that not even a Gold card can properly counter her, so it's a no-brainer to use her.
Despite the low scrap cost (200) it's way more powerful than some whose price is 800.
Also, removing her from the field requires Dimeritium+Alzur, something that takes one turn too many given the fact the enemy's deck is often fully prepared to take advantage ot that time frame to either buff her to bleed more cards or outright beat the hell out of your existing strategy.
I have personally found that even if you are prepared to sacrifice 2 cards (often it's a Dim Bomb, which could have much better uses), it is unwise to kill her if she's silver because the enemy will resurrect her asap.
I once played with a particularly cheesy individual, who used Yencon in the 1st round, Renewed her the following round, then resurrected her again after I Alzured her.
(that time I was tempted to ragequit Gwent until the problem was solved, but I cooled down)
Killing her is not just too expensive, it's unwise.
Even Caretakering her after killing lacks punch, because the opponent easily Alzurs her on the spot or uses other pest-removal devices who do the job perfectly considering you do not have to remove the Gold.

My suggestion to balance her would be to have her ability trigger every 2 turns, so that there is no risk of systematically leveling the field. Making her Nilfgaard-only, too, might help.

Cahir, because the enemy has the means to use him with impunity if carefully timed.

He should be allowed to use his ability only provided the enemy has not passed and can use their leader again.

Radovid.
8 points of damage are not critical, the problem is that it's too damn convenient.
Gold cards are impervious to most harm by design, and all of them who have an ongoing effect on the battlefield are within 8 points of Strength.
Dagon is a little more than Aeromancy, which is silver, and has no power at all over Gold.
Radovid guaranteers the demise of the enemy's best Gold unit, the fact he can snuff Yencon is why he's so popular in my opinion.

I would change him to "deal 8 damage to a Bronze or Silver card, or 6 damage to a Gold card". That way, enough Golds would be safe from insta-kill.

Last edited:
Checco515;n8043160 said:
Yencon, beyond any doubt.

Radovid.
8 points of damage are not critical, the problem is that it's too damn convenient.
Gold cards are impervious to most harm by design, and all of them who have an ongoing effect on the battlefield are within 8 points of Strength.
Dagon is a little more than Aeromancy, which is silver, and has no power at all over Gold.
Radovid guaranteers the demise of the enemy's best Gold unit, the fact he can snuff Yencon is why he's so popular in my opinion.

I would change him to "deal 8 damage to a Bronze or Silver card, or 6 damage to a Gold card". That way, enough Golds would be safe from insta-kill.
Hmm..If Radovid can't kill gold card...No one will use him..Radovid is fine,you can chat with Harold the Cripple....

In my opinion of building a humongous monster weather deck, I believe there should be more ways to clean up in the direction of weather. Hopefully they will make more of the clear skies-like card effects. Maybe even an Anti-Ragh Nar Roog, mixed with rally somehow. Call it "Praise the sun" or something like that lol

Checco515;n8043160 said:
The real problem is that not even a Gold card can properly counter her, so it's a no-brainer to use her.
cough.... Iorveth ... cough ... Vernon Roche ... cough (always not for NR)

Tomislaus_CRO;n8035510 said:
Yennefer: Conjurer,
Agreed. I have to take care of her in every second game these's days. She's not such a complicated task, far away from being OP, but it is incredibly boring and I would like the use the spare slots in my deck for better than getting rid of her.

Top Bottom