Any update on the Korean spam situation??

+
eddywang;n7999500 said:
Its Japanese, but yah i agree.

To be fair, it is Korean, Japanese and Chinese SPAM. For some reason the Chinese spam is mostly about different none-chinese universities, whats kind of confusing :D

OK, this is ridiculous

this has been brought up before, but it's just becoming beyond annoying. it's simply not fun looking through the board between pages and pages of endless fucking spam. it's frustrating as hell!!!!
i'm sure you're aware of the problem and want to stop it. so please do something about it!
I mean, it's not like this is the first time a forum on a message board has been bombarded with spam. there must be a way boards deal with this.
​​​​​​

I picture these spammers as the
dwarves in B&W that become irate when the Skellige deck tournament takes place and just bang on the doors incessantly.
(Didn't want to ruin the quest for anyone that was still doing it)

Yes, the spam attacks are indeed extremely obnoxious. Our team has been working to control the situation, and, hopefully, very soon, we will have new measures in place, which should help address the issue. In the meantime, please, be patient, and bear with us a bit longer. Thank you.

Our apologies for the repeated inconveniences!

Riven-Twain;n8021670 said:
Yes, the spam attacks are indeed extremely obnoxious. Our team has been working to control the situation, and, hopefully, very soon, we will have new measures in place, which should help address the issue. In the meantime, please, be patient, and bear with us a bit longer. Thank you.

Our apologies for the repeated inconveniences!

At least you guys arn't getting hosed by malware, i've seen it happen before and its sad and embarassing.

be thankful its just spam

IAxiiYourMother;n8022350 said:
Since this is an English forum would it be possible to just auto remove posts in other languages?
Unlikely, and probably not automatically, since we occasionally receive stray posts intended for the other 5 language sections of the Forums.

Riven-Twain;n8022490 said:
Unlikely, and probably not automatically, since we occasionally receive stray posts intended for the other 5 language sections of the Forums.

True, maybe a system that determines if there is a topic post that has a high similarity to another topic post it get's flagged to be reviewed by a moderator before getting posted to the form. Wouldn't want any false positives to not sneak through ;) .

Riven-Twain;n8022490 said:

But none of those 5 other forum languages are Chinese, Korean nor Japanese, so maybe just ban those, since I haven´t notice SPAM in any other language?

What about adding a delay inbetween - lets say - every 2-3 posts? So if you want to do another thread after that you would have to wait 30 minutes or something before you can open another thread. Because as of now it seems like all those throwaway-accounts of the bots are the same and most spam-waves always come from the same user.

Top Bottom