Any update on the Korean spam situation??

+
30 pages of spam right now.

Something SERIOUS needs to be made right away. Just close foruns sign up for a couple of days until you guys come up with a definitive way of solving this.

The forum is unusable as it is. It tearing it apart. I'm even getting errors (Error_x blabla) when trying to post.

BrynR123;n8124110 said:
The other day there was literally 8 full pages of pure spam

el_Bosco;n8126990 said:
hum? Arent you full time CDPR employees?

No, we moderators are doing this in our free time as volunteers. You could say that we are forum members with an extra ability to use some blue magic.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n8127160 said:
No, we moderators are doing this in our free time as volunteers. You could say that we are forum members with an extra ability to use some blue magic.

Humm... Thats kinda strange and...unfair?

I mean, this is a full time job, no doubts about it. And it will specially be when the game opens up to a MUCH wider player base. They cant expect certain levels of quality to be maintained if they're using volunteers (not saying you're not doing a good job though).

And its not like CDPR is a poor company. I'm kinda disappointed really. Its just unethical.

And i just noticed 4RM3D is now a moderator.. Gz?...:p

Last edited:
el_Bosco;n8127520 said:
Humm... Thats kinda strange and...unfair?

I mean, this is a full time job, no doubts about it. And it will specially be when the game opens up to a MUCH wider player base. They cant expect certain levels of quality to be maintained if they're using volunteers (not saying you're not doing a good job though).

And its not like CDPR is a poor company. I'm kinda disappointed really. Its just unethical.

I'd say it's quite common practice, it really depends on the situation.

Anyway, CDPR admins still looking into the spam issue and looking for ways to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
gregski;n8127550 said:
I'd say it's quite common practice, it really depends on the situation.

Well.... CDPR usually dont usually follow the "common practices" of the generic game companies. And thats why we love them. Thats why i'm surprised.

el_Bosco;n8127520 said:
Its just unethical.
I mean ... I'm totally cool with it. I love CDPR games and was here posting already. I just help out now. We're here because we want to be.

Anyways ... back on topic.

Rawls;n8127630 said:
I mean ... I'm totally cool with it. I love CDPR games and was here posting already. I just help out now. We're here because we want to be.

Just out of curiosity, how do you become a moderator? Do you just have to contribute a lot by posting and then they ask you? :)

Last edited:
4RM3D;n8130400 said:

Ououo. Next thing you're rank 15 too...

the real mods
Can we ban this spammer? I bet he's behind that Kim Jong Un attack.

Congrats though. Well deserved.

el_Bosco

Being a moderator on the forums isn't a full time job. I was one of the mods on TWC plus I ran my own server and steam group+external forums for War of the Roses. Nobody is expected to get paid. Hell, when I was giving my server admins games as a token of appreciation for their job, people were saying I'm crazy...

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8131190 said:
Can we ban this spammer?
Nay, the fate which awaits him is far, far worse. . . .
HenryGrosmont;n8131190 said:
Hell, when I was giving my server admins games as a token of appreciation for their job, people were saying I'm crazy...
Sure they weren't saying that before . . . ? Seriously, though, very commendable of you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom