• experience is most important: try out everything

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • both are equally important

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Poll: how best to use our remaining closed beta days

eventually, closed beta will end, and while some aren't happy with the idea of the upcoming wipe, we are gonna start the open beta with two great advantages: 1.kegs for lvls and ranks. 2.a whole lot experience and knowledge.
and i'm wondering how best to maximize these advantages: should we focus on ranking up to get as many kegs as possible, or should we focus on learning more and experimenting with new builds.
i've been saving up scraps like a friggin hoarder trying to figure out if i should craft cards that'll help me rank up faster, or cards I'm not sure would be great, but may be worth a try.. and if i don't like them, i'll know not to craft them in open beta
I realize​ there's no right or wrong answer here, but I wonder what are your thoughts on the subject...

Experience is the most important. Now is the time to experiment without consequences. Once you know what works for you (and what doesn't), you don't have to spend scraps on that.

Kegs you can get fast enough by doing the dailies again.

I'd say that pretty important is to find out now how to build a competitive deck with starter cards. After wipe we're going to build whole new decks, without all those legendaries, epics etc.
And that change can be harsh.

Well max-ing the kegs for OB seems the smart thing to do. Personally i've reached my cap (level 35 and rank 15 atm) and i doubt i'll get more before OB (maybe i can reach level 40, maybe) and i'm lucky enough to have found the deck i want to main in OB.
Right now i'm looking forward learning the new positioning system, then i'm ready for OB

Though kegs would be great to maximise the amount of cards we have in the open beta, experience is essential. We could now create all the cards we're unsure about to test them out. If you dislike it, you know not to get it after the wipe. Alternatively it could become your favourite card, and you might not have taken the risk in the open beta :)

I would say experience. I used the time so far to make all my own decks. I didn't want to fall into the ol' net deck trap in a closed beta. It'll steer you wrong I feel, once chages are made to cards, maybe more factions enter the frame, and a tonne more players flood in - the current Meta will be old news. So why play the same decks day in , day out in a closed beta? It's boring ... sure,level up, but experiment also.

I'm only playing a few weeks and already I can tell the precise cards my opponents will play, in what order and how they will try to finish ... I hate that fact. I broke away from HS because of the monotony of net decking, and that game has 9 classes with a LOT more cards spread across them. It's still predictable. I don't know how they can prevent this for Gwent, but so far ... it's a lot more predicable than the likes of HS.

"Oh, a Monster , using Dagon as leader. I guess here comes the Fog/[Ancient] Foglets, Crones and Ekimmara ..." *Yawn*

What peeves me most, is that it is MUCH easier create your own decks in this game. So why are players being so blatantly unimaginative?

Last edited:
Just have fun and enjoy yourself.
The progress is going to reset, minus a couple of things, so just mess around with deck ideas and stomp out some opponents with it.
Be creative.

i have to say - while the votes tell me one thing, the people who's views i've come to respect 'round here kinda pull me in the opposite direction...

Top Bottom