The New Patch Information Thread

+
KasumiGoto;n8101400 said:
Was it stated that there are new cards coming this patch?

HenryGrosmont;n8101460 said:
No new cards.

They said they were focusing on implementing positioning and balancing some cards so there will be no new cards until next patch hits at least.

Shuls02;n8101470 said:
Guess you didn't watch the stream, they said they were focusing on implementing positioning and balancing some cards so there will be no new cards until next patch hits at least.

Which is a good thing. A patch this size doesn't also need new cards. Never mind you also need to learn the new meta again.

4RM3D;n8101490 said:
Which is a good thing. A patch this size doesn't also need new cards. Never mind you also need to learn the new meta again.

Pretty much, and I much rather they use Beta to make the game better and bother about new cards after the game is "finished". :cheers:

Shuls02;n8101520 said:
Pretty much, and I much rather they use Beta to make the game better and bother about new cards after the game is "finished". :cheers:

Well isn't the beta the time to test new cards? :cheers4:

Yes I agree that making new cards would be hard while preparing such a big patch, but I'm still a bit sad because I'm in need of something fresh.

KasumiGoto;n8101630 said:
Well isn't the beta the time to test new cards? :cheers4:

Yes I agree that making new cards would be hard while preparing such a big patch, but I'm still a bit sad because I'm in need of something fresh.

Well if freshness is what you want, next patch will certainly shake up the meta just you wait :look:

4RM3D;n8101450 said:
She went from OP to NOPE, like many other cards before her.

Despite still being CB, i cant really understand the logic in this: buffing a card making it mandatory in almost every deck, then nerf it out of existence.

el_Bosco;n8101830 said:
Despite still being CB, i cant really understand the logic in this: buffing a card making it mandatory in almost every deck, then nerf it out of existence.

Cycle of life. Not sure what the devs have in mind.

I just want to share my joy with all of you about one thing : Succubus is buffed again, YAAAAAAAAY ! :victory:

Scrofa;n8102590 said:
Goodbye, king Bran, you absolutely will not be missed.

Honestly, its a terrible thing to say and im all for proper balance changes. But Bran Discard is the one deck i genuinley wouldnt care if it was nerfed into complete unplayability. Its such a tedious, boring and overplayed deck now because of how braindead simple it is to pilot for its relative power level.

Rykov123;n8103420 said:
Honestly, its a terrible thing to say and im all for proper balance changes. But Bran Discard is the one deck i genuinley wouldnt care if it was nerfed into complete unplayability. Its such a tedious, boring and overplayed deck now because of how braindead simple it is to pilot for its relative power level.

Yep, you can basically write a bot to play Bran in the current meta, since it's almost completely proactive. I would like to see Brans that wouldn't play as passive decks as they use now. Well, they're buffing The Pirate Captain at least, maybe there will be some sort of Bran play, but not as boring.

Scrofa;n8102590 said:
Goodbye, king Bran, you absolutely will not be missed.
What? Why? Because once in a game the opponent can lock Morkvarg? Lmao
Esclive;n8102780 said:
I just want to share my joy with all of you about one thing : Succubus is buffed again, YAAAAAAAAY ! :victory:
And with inability to target golden units... I'm gonna grab some popcorn.

Awful, awful "can't hit gold units" change...

el_Bosco;n8101830 said:

i believe they try to determine at which point a card is annoyingly OP,and at which point a card gets nerfed too hard,to the point of being useless.this way they can find the middle ground and make the card balanced.if they cant find the middle ground,then the cards ability is probably problematic and needs some kind of rework.

doing such tests in CB will help them find that middle ground faster,when the open beta and the eventual release hits.

all in all,these changes may be kinda annoying now,but if they execute this process correctly you will thank them later :).

Guest 3973540

4RM3D;n8088720 said:
- First Light is now fleeting.
It might be worth mentioning that Rally and Clear Skies will remain in the graveyard.
4RM3D;n8088720 said:
- Zoltan: Animal Tamer (Dudu is now only 1 Strength) affects up to 4 units to the left.
Dudu is the halfling / shapeshifter, not the parrot. I don't know the English name of the parrot (something like Fieldmareshal Dub).

roundert;n8101310 said:
Originally posted by Rykov123 View Post YenCon can now only hit 1 unit per turn (ties resolved randomly) she is now a dead card

Maybe Yen wouldn't be a dead card, but with the changed ability she needs now 8 or 9 strength to be playable.

Am I the only one who thinks the positioning can very much ruin the enjoyment of the game in the long term? I mean we already have the rows, why to even add more card positioning in the first place? Why to have rows even? This mechanic will be pretty much big annoyance for high-unit decks, not to mention it lowers counterability of many others. And I really don't like the idea that from now on I would have to think no only about the cards order and their usefullness during mulligan but also about their potential to be in position with each other. It gets needlessly complicated and in effect it actually lowers the player's ability to quickly and clearly asset the current situation which is the exactly the opposite they should do, eg. to make the game clearly readable and easy to learn but complex to master at the same time.

Not to menion the amount of clicks to do something now just skyrocketed, with many cards having the need to define its targets instead of applying the effect to the row.

I am sorry to say it but this wasn't probably the brightest idea they ever had and it can potentionally ruin the game. In ever other card game I know that has positioning this mechanic was almost always a bother, not very fun thing to play. Would be actually very happy if CDPR rethinked (and probably even scratched) this gameplay mechanic as I really don't think it will benefit the game as they would think it do and that it will be offputting for many casual players (which is probably the real opposite they would wanted). Ofc, that's not to say to make the game too much casual but why to change the core of the something that wasn't really broken in the first place?

Last edited:
Top Bottom