no me gusta is weather getting even more op with new patch?

+
no me gusta is weather getting even more op with new patch?

seeing how they want to change healers to only affect a lmited amount of units makes me shiver
also monster has draug which will come with 7 random unit hits for 1 dmg and uhm yes
if its played on weather and you cant heal the cards to its full potenial its bye bye because 1 - 1 equals 0

also they taken away the possiblitys to destroy gold cards using other gold cards attacks which would make yencon ofc very powerfull in a weather deck because unless you play with d-bomb or similar cards it is unblockable

so if yencon appears on a weather battlefield i need to play either a healer or a first light card

Last edited:
Pretty much. Everything got nerfed except weather monster so it will probably rule the meta when the patch hits.

Bolzenschuss;n8129630 said:
seeing how they want to change healers to only affect a lmited amount of units makes me shiver
also monster has draug which will come with 7 random unit hits for 1 dmg and uhm yes
if its played on weather and you cant heal the cards to its full potenial its bye bye because 1 - 1 equals 0

also they taken away the possiblitys to destroy gold cards using other gold cards attacks which would make yencon ofc very powerfull in a weather deck because unless you play with d-bomb or similar cards it is unblockable

so if yencon appears on a weather battlefield i need to play either a healer or a first light card

yen-con is getting a big nerf, you can read about the changes here if you haven't seen it already.

overall the changes look interesting and am looking forward to rebuilding my decks and trying them out.

Last edited:
Weather decks are essentially control oriented, so yes, a well-built weather deck will do somewhat OK in any meta, simply because its mostly focuses on ruining your day. The very fact that ATM an all-mellee ST can somewhat compete with weather control is testimony to how ridiculously OP Hawker Healer is. It can literally bruteforce by buffing 1 row against a control mechanic specificly designed to counteract 1-row stacking. It is the most broken card ATM, making rot tosser look harmless. YenCon doesnt belong into weather deck. You could possibly squeeze her in, but its hard to justify even now, and since shes getting nerfed, and nerfed hard... you get the idea. Draug doesnt really see any play, and its new version wont be any better. While its understandable that old Draug limited design space and had to be changed, its unclear why they decided not to make him usefull in the process. If 1 damage is enough to kill something - there is a ton of tools to clear the row, including Imlerith, whos got stronger base power and is reliable. And since double weather is gone, its extremely unlikely that you can effectively hit more than one row. Hypoteticly possible with rag-na-roog, but its 2 gold cards combo. They never worked, never will. So you will be able to go on with never ever seeing Draug played, dont worry about that.
However i do agree that patch will benefit weather inderectly by nerfing most of its opponents. We will have to see how it plays out, but there is indeed a good chance for weather to become more viable in top tier. Cant see whats wrong with that.

isnadtochiev;n8130110 said:
ATM an all-mellee ST can somewhat compete with weather control is testimony to how ridiculously OP Hawker Healer is.
forgot the fact that a couple of SC cards take your "special card" weather effects and shoves it up the weather player's buns. one of them roasts your strongest unit for breakfast as well (shirru).

Draug doesn't see play now and his effect can be seen as better currently then after the patch so I see no reason he'll become popular.

Yennefer is pretty much useless post patch and doesn't belong Weather decks, It'll only wipe a single card every turn if all your units and affected by weather. A single unit out of weather nullifies her completly

I used to run Draug before the NG patch. Not so much these days. And I don't like the change either.

Weather is always going to have its niche but will it be enough for high ranks with the large numbers being put up on the table?

isnadtochiev;n8130110 said:
However i do agree that patch will benefit weather inderectly by nerfing most of its opponents. We will have to see how it plays out, but there is indeed a good chance for weather to become more viable in top tier. Cant see whats wrong with that.

This.

From a MS perspective you have to hope that weather becomes a thing again after the patch, I guess. Consume get's hit hard, as with the other OP decks and will likely only remain viable, if the overall power pool goes down strongly enough, so that the nerfs don't make consume fall too low. Might be, didn't try to math it out yet.
Viability of weather will depend on the power the other decks to a large degree. If they pan out power across all rows more evenly and the meta becomes a battle for CA, weather will have a harder time.
Not sure, how much of a nerf FL is from a weather perspective, it becomes a must-keep-for-last card vs weather, which it is already now - the nerf is probably rather removing the cycling mumbo-jumbo.
Decrease on total power on the bord will obviously help, since weather always was intentionally bringing less raw power to the board.

And if that's not happening and weather remains meh, what is left for Monsters as a core mechanic to build around?

I would liked CDPR to have reworked weather as well - if they are apparently still not happy with it.

New Ragh Naar Roog doesn't spawn weather at least. Removes 2 base strength from all opposing units, adds 1 base STR to all your units.

KasumiGoto;n8133670 said:
New Ragh Naar Roog doesn't spawn weather at least. Removes 2 base strength from all opposing units, adds 1 base STR to all your units.

Seriously though, that's a new thing. Any source on this? Because the new Ragnarok definitely doesn't warrant a gold slot.

4RM3D;n8133740 said:

Seriously though, that's a new thing. Any source on this? Because the new Ragnarok definitely doesn't warrant a gold slot.

Sadly I only have the video of a Polish youtuber playing on test server. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbme2xAVR9Q
Actually nevermind, she talks in Polish but the game is in English because descriptions in other languages have not been updated yet.

0:50 Dshackles
1:29 Mardroeme
2:28 Ragh Naar Roog
3:27 Radovid
[She shows Operator but she just mentions that he was changed to create a base copy of the card (so if you Operator'ed a 30 STR Toruviel, you and your opponent would get a 6 STR Toruviel still), but he got changed back to how he is now]

Last edited:
Top Bottom