Geralt Noobni everywhere

+
Geralt Noobni everywhere

Geralt igni is a retarded card that oneshots everything whats strong and nessesary to win games. In the last time i only loose agains 1 card. Geralt noobni. I know geralt is the main character in witcher and he has to be strong but why is vanilla geralt worse then a bronze card :)

And it is why its the first Legendary card i invested on. Its safer to use than Scorch. I just love seeing a player who got a decent level and rank and in a rush, Scorch there own card by accident (priceless). The only prob with geralt:igni is that it will only work when your opponent has a row strength of 20. Multiple times, especially at the third round, they dont reach that number, making the card, worthless....
:worried:

i think you dont own this card yourself and thats why you dont know how to counter it

1. take care that your row strg dosnt get over 20 if you have important cards
2. make sure to not have the same strg on multiple cards
3. play buff effects to prevent total row annihilation

can be useless if the row dosnt get over 20 because than its just a gold with 4 base

its important to know when you need to play noobni

if you mad about this you havent faced a coral noobaard cheese

Lol mate dont tell me how to counter it :D nothing personal but i can read the cards abbilities :D Its just a post of a tilted man. I play skellige and my units have the same strengh, so geralt igni oneshots 2 or even 3 of them.
Question is when did geralt igni became so famous? After the new patch everybody use this anoying shrimp

Vladi999;n8212780 said:
Question is when did geralt igni became so famous? After the new patch everybody use this anoying shrimp

Ive been using him two patches back, ive also seen a lot of players using him back then too. When i was still a noob, i was like"what ever happen to scorch..." then i quickly saved every scrap to get that card XD and man, from there, i understood why a lot are using him. Join the dark side man, get Geralt:igni
:evil2:

Igni is the first legendary of most of the players (because it fits every deck and is neutral), but it's not that hard to play around it.

Vladi999;n8212780 said:
I play skellige and my units have the same strengh, so geralt igni oneshots 2 or even 3 of them. Question is when did geralt igni became so famous? After the new patch everybody use this anoying shrimp
Skellige is a perfect example of a deck that need not worry about this sort of thing too much. Even if he blows up one of your big guys, the SK faction has plenty of ping cards that can stagger the strength of units on your row so that none of them match. Tbh if you're playing Gwent at all you should always aim to stagger your buffs, having more than one unit with the same strength makes me uneasy.

Also, people have been using this annoying shrimp since it was released :3

Vladi999;n8213090 said:
Its a game winner ^^ But i have coral the hot grill.

You mean, Hot Girll XD she have some nice curves for a sorceress who turns you into a small statue. :geraltthatsgood:

Vladi999;n8212780 said:
Lol mate dont tell me how to counter it :D nothing personal but i can read the cards abbilities :D Its just a post of a tilted man. I play skellige and my units have the same strengh, so geralt igni oneshots 2 or even 3 of them.

oh sorry i didnt wanted to make you feel uncomfy mate
its just there is a difference between knowing a card effect and playing the card in your own deck cos if you know how this card plays you will know yourself when to expect it and when not
this giving you the chance to counter it

Vladi999;n8212780 said:

I have also noticed a dramatic increase of Ignis since the patch. Before that I had almost forgotten it existed, but since the patch I've been eating them left and right. I think I can offer a hypothesis as to why the apparently sudden increase in popularity.

Hear me out: you can only have 4 gold cards, so each of these 4 slots is quite precious. Igni is a good card, but does it deserve one of those coveted gold slots? The thing is, depending on the deck you are running, there are better cards, or at least alternative cards. Example: if your deck allows it, you'd probably choose Villenfukcermerth over Igni. Anecdotally, I used to have Igni in most of my Monsters decks, but during the last patch I swapped it for Succubus. I figured the Succubus would be even better than Igni against heavily buffed units, and I could use it to charm strategic units to my side, which Igni can't do. Sure, I was trading off the ability to scorch multiple units, but that doesn't happen that often if you are playing against a half decent opponent.

Now you can lock units such as Villenfukcermerth or Succubus with a miserable bronze unit, so my guess is many people will switch those units back to Igni. I know I will be phasing out Succubus in favour of Igni in the coming days.

So, don't blame Igni, blame the current patch, that will most likely result in a lack of variety in the game.

Some people seem to be fine with the new patch. I have to say I am not. The theme of this patch, its star feature so to speak, is supposed to be the introduction of positioning. But in my experience so far, its effect on the game pales in comparison with the changes brought in by the trivialization of the locking mechanic. I think this iteration of the game will get stale really fast. Perhaps I'm wrong though, only time will tell.

Bolzenschuss;n8212630 said:
[...]

if you mad about this you havent faced a coral noobaard cheese

Coral+Aard is so easy to counter.... you just need to reset the row which you should be able to do plenty of times. Geralt:Igni is a lot stronger as it works instantly and takes 1 slot solely.

tortugueta;n8215050 said:
Now you can lock units such as Villenfukcermerth or Succubus with a miserable bronze unit, so my guess is many people will switch those units back to Igni. I know I will be phasing out Succubus in favour of Igni in the coming days.
After the new patch the cards with timer are no longer desirable, because they can be countered with a bronze unit. Thus, the cards with instant effect and thus GIgni. I am changing all the decks with Villentretenmerth with GIgni, since the dragon will be easily countered. Also cards like Isengrim and Succubus has become a joke. I hope it will be solved soon!

panerola;n8215390 said:
After the new patch the cards with timer are no longer desirable, because they can be countered with a bronze unit. Thus, the cards with instant effect and thus GIgni. I am changing all the decks with Villentretenmerth with GIgni, since the dragon will be easily countered. Also cards like Isengrim and Succubus has become a joke. I hope it will be solved soon!

Imo you could take away the timer of Succubus and make her gain 4 Base Strenght if she succesfully seduced an unit on the opponents side - probably add Weather immunity to that buff.

panerola;n8215390 said:

meh i disagree, have your own shackles and they all can still work.

I see no problem with it at all. It is only slightly better than scorch, because scorch, like the Villenntretnetnh(?) dragon can kill your own units. And that damn dragon is gold. Igni is only 4 power and cannot be used if opponent has his cards scattered along with golds and they just don reach 20 anywhere in the row. It becomes near to useless in those situations (happened to me today). It's a good gold card, not nowhere near overpowered, tho.

Too bad you think it's "retarded". Or doesn't require any skill. After all, saving it for a later round can be a complete gamble. It's pretty situational. No idea why people even think it's some sort of super card.

Ruthless95;n8216510 said:
meh i disagree, have your own shackles and they all can still work.
Well, I prefer to rely on the Gold cards, and not to lose a good one with a timer. And shackling it back is just a game with who have more D-Shackles, not my favourite game.

Frostelis;n8216740 said:
[...]Igni is only 4 power and cannot be used if opponent has his cards scattered along with golds and they just don reach 20 anywhere in the row. [...]

Too bad you think it's "retarded". Or doesn't require any skill. After all, saving it for a later round can be a complete gamble. It's pretty situational. No idea why people even think it's some sort of super card.

Maybe I am just a pretty bad player..... but it is not that hard to effectively hit a row with total of 20 - because gold units raise that strength as well, although they cant be burned by Geralt. So you'll at least destroy one unit, lets say 6 strength worst case. It is a 10 point swing with potential of being a 14 point swing pretty easily. I don't see the risk in picking it, unless you are foolish and wait till there are no cards left and the board is empty.

Btw before someone gets me wrong. I don't say it is OP, but if you want to craft ONE legendary gold card.....Craft Geralt:Igni and your scraps are invested as best as possible.

Top Bottom