The most broken patch/meta yet. Good ideas, horrible implementation

+
The most broken patch/meta yet. Good ideas, horrible implementation

I don't even need to present arguments, just 4 letters: ST and NR. It's not unbalanced, it's straight up broken. I really feel like the patch was way too rushed. The previous one with Bran and stuff was boring and unbalanced, which is completely alright for a beta, but it was not outright broken as it is now, which is inexcusable even for a beta.

CD Projekt RED, don't get me wrong, the game is potentially great and I've been enjoying it aplenty, and, yes, it's very wise of you to keep it in a closed beta state until it's presentable, but you gotta step up your game, seriously. It feels more like an alpha now AFTER you've patched it and implemented new features, which is paradoxical and ridiculous. One step forward, two steps back kinda thing.

With respect, just my piece of feedback. I'm currently writing sort of an analysis to send a proper feedback note, but I think you already got all the data, I believe I'm not the only frustrated one.

Whatcha fellow players thinking? Are you having fun?

I still think this is just an isolated observational patch so they can test various mechanics situationally, because it doesn't seem likely for anyone to look at the current iteration and want to release it this way - so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

This may be an unpopular opinion right now, but I don't really mind most of the changes.

I've been running a single Northern Realms deck (I don't use Henselt, to be clear) since I joined the beta a almost two months ago, and a lot of my matches prior to this patch wound up descending into a constant grinding struggle to keep ahead of the endless weather spam I continuously found myself running into. So in that regard, the nerfs and adjustments that have come with this patch are welcome ones.

That said, I do agree that Henselt specifically needs some kind of nerf. Dijkstra was my main counter for dealing with Henselt decks, but since he got completely reworked in the patch, anyone running Henselt definitely seems to have a significant advantage.

i dont know what you wana say

do you mean ST and NR is better or worse in new patch?

im ST and since patch i have struggles finding a working deck and if you say it is broken in a way like it to op please write example deck

The most broken meta so far? I have seen many different decks the last few days in ranked games, way more to example than before the nilfgaard patch, where nearly everyone was running the same ST deck and the rest mostly PFI. I ranked up from 4100 to 4500 MMR with my monster deck. Well, maybe we'll see some totally op decks in a few weeks, but at the moment I wouldn't call the meta broken.

I am very tired of fucking consume monsters that are overpowered yet. Bad meta. I am disappointed.

Only thing I absolutely don't understand is why they still haven't fixed the Milva/Roach connection....

BornBoring;n8258180 said:
Only thing I absolutely don't understand is why they still haven't fixed the Milva/Roach connection....

Well, if that's the only thing, then the devs a doing great, no?

On a more serious note. Milva has already been nerfed. Besides, the Roach combo can only be used when the opponent doesn't have any non-gold units. And it's value is only a little higher than Ciaran which can be used more easily. To get the full advantage, you'll also need to have a way to remove cards from your hand (with Fran or The Last Wish).

4RM3D;n8258300 said:
Well, if that's the only thing, then the devs a doing great, no?

On a more serious note. Milva has already been nerfed. Besides, the Roach combo can only be used when the opponent doesn't have any non-gold units. And it's value is only a little higher than Ciaran which can be used more easily. To get the full advantage, you'll also need to have a way to remove cards from your hand (with Fran or The Last Wish).

What's easier than to play Milva as your first card to get cardadvantage?

edit: And before anyone else is misleaded by my post: There are als some other things I don't like, but this issue is known for such a long time...

Last edited:
The only complaint I have is with Ragnarok and perhaps the "No ability" silver starter cards. Yeah, the elven healer is kinda pointless now to use, probably a bit overdone. Haven't got Keira card, so can't comment on her change, but that seems kind of bad as well. I like the other changes. Perhaps Radovid could also target Golds, since he can no longer actually kill them. His power is a bit weak right now.

BornBoring;n8258330 said:
What's easier than to play Milva as your first card to get cardadvantage?

You still need to be the one to go first, have Milva in your hand and Roach in your deck. That is something you cannot reliably pull off every game because of RNG. But with cards like Ciaran, once you get it, you can usually use it (unless you already lost the round or are on the final round).

BTW, there is also Vilgefortz (ab)using the Roach mechanic.

4RM3D;n8258470 said:
You still need to be the one to go first, have Milva in your hand and Roach in your deck. That is something you cannot reliably pull off every game because of RNG. But with cards like Ciaran, once you get it, you can usually use it (unless you already lost the round or are on the final round).

Well to make full use of Francesca as you said earlier, you'd probably need BOTH Milva + Roach + Ciaran. Shouldn't be one or the other, but a combination of all of the above. ST decks are not powerful by any means, so they need these tricks (except Schirru of course, he's the only one in the entire faction I can see as OP).

frbfree;n8258110 said:
Hotfixes. So many hotfixes are coming...

I haven't really decided on the changes because I keep getting bugs and crashing. If they open the beta anytime soon they are sending it out to die.

4RM3D;n8258470 said:

All these Roach problems would be easily solved if they made him join the battlefield after the effect of the Gold card who summoned him.

Checco515;n8285350 said:
All these Roach problems would be easily solved if they made him join the battlefield after the effect of the Gold card who summoned him.

I don't see it as a problem. Vilgefortz and Milva using Roach is fine.

Shonendo;n8259270 said:
Well to make full use of Francesca as you said earlier, you'd probably need BOTH Milva + Roach + Ciaran. Shouldn't be one or the other, but a combination of all of the above. ST decks are not powerful by any means, so they need these tricks (except Schirru of course, he's the only one in the entire faction I can see as OP).

did you say st aren't powerful, they are most op in the game now. you can scorch four or five times, and you can blue mntn commando into the guys that buff sappers. then the opponent can't react to them because they take two turns to turn over so you just play them in round three. or just use the one that doesn't turn over until they pass, it can't be countered, add to that the faction ability of card advantage and they are unstoppable. high ranks are now spamming bm commandos with the one that plays them again then decoying and dropping sappers at the end of rounds with 24 plus str, and scorching four or five times

roundert;n8288200 said:
did you say st aren't powerful, they are most op in the game now. you can scorch four or five times, and you can blue mntn commando into the guys that buff sappers. then the opponent can't react to them because they take two turns to turn over so you just play them in round three. or just use the one that doesn't turn over until they pass, it can't be countered, add to that the faction ability of card advantage and they are unstoppable. high ranks are now spamming bm commandos with the one that plays them again then decoying and dropping sappers at the end of rounds with 24 plus str, and scorching four or five times

This is so true, just watch high rank 15 player on twitch and opponent are ONLY ST and sometime NR

I see nobody is complaining about it, but what I really regret about this patch is the mechanics of d.schackles. They made gold cards with timer a joke. Cards that weren't really popular such as Succubus or Kambi are now a joke. I like to play Kambi because it gives diversity, it puts a little bit of flavor to the deck, but before the patch it was difficult to play and sometimes you were not able to play it. Now, it is still difficult and when you have a good hand for it the card might be countered by a bronze card. After the patch I tried to play Kambi but after some failures I just put it away.

Also cards like Bork and Isengrim are in a difficult position for the same reason (not unplayable, but difficult to play). I guess we will have to adapt, but I regret to having to put them aside because they really gives diversity to the gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom