The most broken patch/meta yet. Good ideas, horrible implementation

+
panerola;n8288800 said:
I see nobody is complaining about it, but what I really regret about this patch is the mechanics of d.schackles. They made gold cards with timer a joke. Cards that weren't really popular such as Succubus or Kambi are now a joke. I like to play Kambi because it gives diversity, it puts a little bit of flavor to the deck, but before the patch it was difficult to play and sometimes you were not able to play it. Now, it is still difficult and when you have a good hand for it the card might be countered by a bronze card. After the patch I tried to play Kambi but after some failures I just put it away.

Also cards like Bork and Isengrim are in a difficult position for the same reason (not unplayable, but difficult to play). I guess we will have to adapt, but I regret to having to put them aside because they really gives diversity to the gameplay.
This could be worse, if d.shackle didn't work on golds either... just sayin'
To clarify, I'm one of those who thinks that targeting gold cards remove was a poor decision. But maybe they have some other plans we're unaware of.

roundert;n8288200 said:
did you say st aren't powerful, they are most op in the game now. you can scorch four or five times, and you can blue mntn commando into the guys that buff sappers. then the opponent can't react to them because they take two turns to turn over so you just play them in round three. or just use the one that doesn't turn over until they pass, it can't be countered, add to that the faction ability of card advantage and they are unstoppable. high ranks are now spamming bm commandos with the one that plays them again then decoying and dropping sappers at the end of rounds with 24 plus str, and scorching four or five times

Yeah, played 6 or 7 straight times against ST two days ago. Variety of decks crashed quicklier than I expected.

There's definitely something amiss this patch when a LOT of games are ending on the last card. Players are abusing the pass system too, lashing everything out in the first round, passing 2nd without a drop and relying on having that final card. No card game should ever have this constant end result.

panerola;n8288800 said:
I see nobody is complaining about it, but what I really regret about this patch is the mechanics of d.schackles. They made gold cards with timer a joke. Cards that weren't really popular such as Succubus or Kambi are now a joke. I like to play Kambi because it gives diversity, it puts a little bit of flavor to the deck, but before the patch it was difficult to play and sometimes you were not able to play it. Now, it is still difficult and when you have a good hand for it the card might be countered by a bronze card. After the patch I tried to play Kambi but after some failures I just put it away.

Also cards like Bork and Isengrim are in a difficult position for the same reason (not unplayable, but difficult to play). I guess we will have to adapt, but I regret to having to put them aside because they really gives diversity to the gameplay.
Before the patch I frequently went vs the Kambi+Hjallmar combo that's unbeatable if SK has last play, which is pretty easy to accomplish with all the CA that it can get. It's not okay to have a board-clear that cannot be countered. Right now the combo is playable if you bait your opponent to use his d.shackles on other targets like axemen for example. And Borkh was so OP when played by NR - you basically scorch your opponent's best units twice, because you promoted your entire board to gold. Shackles is good where it is now, you can counter it with your own, plus Cleaver can be used on a shackled unit to clear it, while he can't lock golds so you have one more unlock for golds.

Cagey75;n8291230 said:
There's definitely something amiss this patch when a LOT of games are ending on the last card. Players are abusing the pass system too, lashing everything out in the first round, passing 2nd without a drop and relying on having that final card. No card game should ever have this constant end result.
That was actually the experience for me even before the patch. Unfortunately whereas other card games have a first play advantage, Gwent has something of a last-play advantage, which is why ST's faction ability is one of the better ones at the moment.

HenryGrosmont;n8288830 said:
This could be worse, if d.shackle didn't work on golds either... just sayin' To clarify, I'm one of those who thinks that targeting gold cards remove was a poor decision. But maybe they have some other plans we're unaware of.
I also think so, let's see how it evolves.

I liked almost every change they bring up with positioning patch. It made game more fun and balanced. Also making D.Shackles work on gold cards isn't a bad idea. Yes it can prevent your Yennefer, but it can also be big disadvantage for your oppenent if you dont have a card that he can lock. Even if your opponent locks your card you can still unlock it, if it becomes silver you can revive it when it goes to graveyard, etc... Look at the possibilites, This patch made game much more versatile and open to new ways to play it.

Ambush cards are simply a bad mechanic in that there is no answer to them built into the game. I can sit there and know a card is being utterly buffed in hand, and have no way to deal with the situation. There should be a way to deal with ambush cards.

Bodach;n8293490 said:
Ambush cards are simply a bad mechanic in that there is no answer to them built into the game. I can sit there and know a card is being utterly buffed in hand, and have no way to deal with the situation. There should be a way to deal with ambush cards.

Pretty sure we'll get a neutral card like Morenn in the future.

Guest 3973540

I was very critical when D-shackles were initially announced as demote+lock+reset, but with reset moved onto Mardroeme, it turned out pretty balanced. You rarely see even 2 D-shackles in 1 deck, unlike with Mardoeme meta. Villentretenmerth and YenCon still very much in play. Also silver lockers not being able to target gold is very smart - so it's either points on the board or gold lock. (Radovid is a bit questionable, I am sure he will be changed.) Same for gold snipers... sad but true. (Still they obviously need some kind of buff to at least justify their legendary status - as it is Iorveth is almost always worse that Wild Boar of the Sea, which is bad.)

And key thing is deck diversity. Of course personal experience matters little, only CDPR has the full stats. But the forum is telling. In previous patches everyone knew what are the few cheese boring decks. Now, lots of whining, as is normal, but the whiners are remarkably not unanimous what exactly is OP.

xiong2mao;n8296390 said:
I was very critical when D-shackles were initially announced as demote+lock+reset, but with reset moved onto Mardroeme, it turned out pretty balanced. You rarely see even 2 D-shackles in 1 deck, unlike with Mardoeme meta. Villentretenmerth and YenCon still very much in play. Also silver lockers not being able to target gold is very smart - so it's either points on the board or gold lock. (Radovid is a bit questionable, I am sure he will be changed.) Same for gold snipers... sad but true. (Still they obviously need some kind of buff to at least justify their legendary status - as it is Iorveth is almost always worse that Wild Boar of the Sea, which is bad.)

And key thing is deck diversity. Of course personal experience matters little, only CDPR has the full stats. But the forum is telling. In previous patches everyone knew what are the few cheese boring decks. Now, lots of whining, as is normal, but the whiners are remarkably not unanimous what exactly is OP.

The high tier is unanimous ST is broken, cant go 3 games without facing at least 2 ST and im not sure if its because they can gain CA with the faction ability or if its cause they can have 3 scorches or if its because ambush cards are uninteractable but something will be changed. Im sure CPDR is on it.

Guest 3973540

SirloseAlot;n8297010 said:
The high tier is unanimous ST is broken
Where does the high tier start? I just got to rank 15 over the last week, playing Voorhis, Calveit and Foltest with the freaking Dijkstra and siege experts. Yes, many Broovers but they didn't seem too hard to beat. The occasional weather-heavy decks were much more dangerous.

Imo only weather still needs deep rework. And I am fine with weather as a finisher. What is annoying is that weather applies after all buffs if you put new units into it. No matter how many Dandelions or Lubberkins you have on the board, it's always 1. That's plain silly and kind of forces people to use Clear Skies to counter weather.

So my suggestion is to let weather debuff units by (base strength - 1), but not below 1, of course.

At the moment, several losses could drop you a 1000+ spots, wins can up you a few hundred. The swings are brutal. And not just in my case, because I test my new decks in ranked as well. A couple of my friends experience the same.
And you definitely see a lot of ST North of 4400 mmr.

I agree with the ambush mechanic cause its very hard to counter ( only weather can ) and im ST player as well. Agree with the abuse of Milva --> Roach its kinda broken. But the post includes NK too and everyone just talk about ST.
The chain reaction of NK is very strong and kind of brainless. I mean shani ressurects King of Beggars and he gets Pricilla out, Pricilla plays medic, medic ressurects a reaver scount and he gets another medic that ressurects another unit. And u have like 30 strengh on the board with one card. And ppl cry about ambush :D
My answer to the post: [h=1]The most broken patch/meta yet. Good ideas, horrible implementation[/h] GERALT IGNI. op as f. retarded as f.

Top Bottom