Emhyrs and Francesca to weak? Avallach to strong?

+
Emhyrs and Francesca to weak? Avallach to strong?

I love both leaders but the skills they have just seen so weak. Both don't give you any power and card advantage. King Bran will at least thin your deck and give you cards for graveyard,

I like Francesca because I can trade Ciri, Ciaran and Ocvist after using them. But even if I am lucky enough and trade all three cards, I still don't gain any card or power advantage like other cards. The card switch isn't even good. You choose one card after another. I often trade Ciri and get a more useless card.

Same with Emhyrs. I try really hard to play him but his skill just isn't good enough. Morvran way better if you play reveal deck.

Also...Avallach gives you 2 cards and your opponent 1 even if he passed the round. In round 3, you can have 2 more cards if he passed already.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Eh, the main 'problem' with Fran and Emhyr are the better leaders available.

Not sure that warrants them a buff though.
Fran was a very good leader back during ST Ciri Dash, and since then the only thing that was changed is the meta.
Emhyr... I don't really know how you buff 'revealing', because you cant quantify that in a vacuum. That is linked to spotters, mangonels, and vanhemar.
Maybe there could be a possible way to interact with revealed cards in your opponent hand? but that may be treading on thin ice and i'm not sure most people would be a happy with that.

As to avallac'h? yes that is something IMO was overlooked.
Really given the changes to Albrich, Cahir, Cynthia, and the way Vilgefortz and Milva work, he should have had this ability: "Draw 2 cards, the opposing player draws 1 card. If the opposing player has passed, only draw 1 card." Same logic goes for operator in fact.

4RM3D;n8289930 said:
Thoughts about Emhyr: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...cussions-aa/suggestions-aa/8280860-emhyr-buff
Thoughts about Fran (kinda): http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...07470-francesca-vs-brouver-hoog-the-last-wish

The gist of it is that neither are weak and both have their purposes.

Avallac'h "abuse" has been mentioned before a few times. It's more difficult for Monsters to gain 2 CA to pull this off (D-Shackles + Caretaker). I think the devs will change the card eventually.

I read the other treads and they are still bad vs other leaders. Like I said. Francesa can remove useless cards but I have no idea what i get. You chould get a 14 spy card or Ciaran for round 3. King Bran let me choose cards at least.

Lets see

Eithne let me play a card again! = I can play igni again and deal huge dmg. I can play Saskia again. Big big power swing. I can play Aglais again and pick any special cards i want.

Brouver Hogg let me pick any silver cards I want! I play the right card if i need it. I can scorch if the opponent has one big card and i can D bomb if they have many buffed units. I can pick Aeromantie to destroy a line!

And then we got Francesa..... She does not give you extra card or power. She just let you change 3 cards. Even if you nail it and play Ciri, Ciaran and Ocvist at round 2 and change those card. You dont gain any power and you might still pick up cards you dont need. Happend to me very often. Worst feeling ever if you lose round 2 and change Ciri and get a Ciaran.....

Same with Emhyrs. It would be great if we get Nilfgaard card that somehow block opponents card in his hand. But now.... You need to play his skill early before your opponent run out of card you can reveal. Also it doesnt really give you any power or cards. Nilfgaard has enough cards that give you reveal AND power. Even a bronz alchemist give you 7 point power and reveal one card.

Morvran let you play a other card. Jan Calveit take every Spy back to your side. And Emhyrs...well he reveal 3 cards.

Emhyr
1: Reveal 3 cards, choose one of them to return it to opponent deck and draw another card. Reveal this card (actually one card mulligan, probably it is too random/luck based).
2: Reveal 3 cards, choose mark one of them for one round. If opponent plays this card, deal 3 dmg 2 times to random enemy units/create emhyr-effect-warrior with 6 strenght and no ability (the purpose of this ability is to prevent enemy from playing specific card).

I didn't think long about these ideas, so they are quite simple, but the main goal was to make any interaction with revealed cards.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
PandaLin

On his own, Emhyr isn't that strong. However, he is meant to be used with other cards that synergize with him. This synergy is what makes him good, maybe not as good as other leaders, but still good.

Fran does give you extra power. When you swap out Ciaran and get another bronze in return, you are gaining 7 strength on average. Furthermore, you have a greater chance to get those silver/gold cards you want.

No Title

4RM3D;n8289930 said:
Avallac'h "abuse" has been mentioned before a few times. It's more difficult for Monsters to gain 2 CA to pull this off (D-Shackles + Caretaker). I think the devs will change the card eventually.

without CA monster have imortals card played on his battle field

PandaLin;n8290830 said:
And then we got Francesa..... She does not give you extra card or power. She just let you change 3 cards. Even if you nail it and play Ciri, Ciaran and Ocvist at round 2 and change those card. You dont gain any power and you might still pick up cards you dont need. Happend to me very often. Worst feeling ever if you lose round 2 and change Ciri and get a Ciaran..... Same with Emhyrs. It would be great if we get Nilfgaard card that somehow block opponents card in his hand. But now.... You need to play his skill early before your opponent run out of card you can reveal. Also it doesnt really give you any power or cards. Nilfgaard has enough cards that give you reveal AND power. Even a bronz alchemist give you 7 point power and reveal one card.

both of them ability is an ability on TW3. once you have Emhyr : The White Flame (Cancel your opponents Leader ability) or Fransesca : Daisy of the Valley (Draw extra card at the beginning of the game) you will never that beginner leader abilty.

4RM3D;n8291880 said:
On his own, Emhyr isn't that strong. However, he is meant to be used with other cards that synergize with him. This synergy is what makes him good, maybe not as good as other leaders, but still good. Fran does give you extra power. When you swap out Ciaran and get another bronze in return, you are gaining 7 strength on average. Furthermore, you have a greater chance to get those silver/gold cards you want.

somehow emhyr ability is work with sniping siege units. but frans ability is too ...

Attachments

• photo125540.png
    photo125540.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 34
  • photo125550.jpg
    photo125550.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
4RM3D

I don't need Emhyr to play reveal deck. Morvan and Jan Calveit are much better. Nilfgaard got enough cards to reveal my opponent. I played a lot Emhyr reveal lately and he make cards useless if you draw them too late. Cahir for example is useless if you already reveal all the cards. Make him pretty much terrible. Also other cards with reveal ability are useless. You can't afford cards you can't use. Every card in your deck matters.

About Francesca....what if you don't want to switch your hand? You can still play it but it does nothing at all. A waste turn. Or what if you played Ciri in turn 2 for losing and want to switch it and get Ciaran at round 3? Too much RNG.
Switch 3 cards one after a other is pretty bad. Morvan beat Francesca in every way.

But the talk here is good. I hope we help the developer to balance the game.

Trying to play Avallach in round 3 is a trap. I've played him a lot, and you need to have TWO card advantage to get it to work. Otherwise, you give him a card into his empty hand before the turn he auto-passes.

I played Avallach a lot before, and it's good for fetching combo pieces, but I've been running Ciri lately for card advantage. It's just more stable, and doesn't give the opponent 8 str. Although, shackles or d/bomb plus avallach = graverobber is a great thing to do.

I believe I've only used Avallach when my opponents passed once out of all the games I've played and I include him in everyone of my monster decks. It's the only card Monster card that gives CA and you need +2 CA to pull it off, Which rarely happens in a Monster deck

I agree that Francesca is VERY underwhelming. I believe an easy fix would be to simply let you draw 3 cards and then discard 3 cards. Trading cards in the "hopes" that you get a better one is just bad juju.

Shonendo;n8296820 said:
I agree that Francesca is VERY underwhelming. I believe an easy fix would be to simply let you draw 3 cards and then discard 3 cards. Trading cards in the "hopes" that you get a better one is just bad juju.

Discarding isn't too beneficial in ST though.

Top Bottom