"Weather" Forecast

+
"Weather" Forecast

Weather next to Lacerate are the only two cards/effects that did not got affected by the last patch (also named "positioning" patch). This brings me questions, simple ones like, "why"? Every single effect card now has a ceiling, a cap at the amount of dmg. Having an exception to that rule disturbs the ..force. Honestly, does anyone have a link to an official answer as to why these cards left unchecked?

It seems to me, it wasn't the positioning that brought a balance to the game but exactly the fact that every card now is not an "anarchist". Like in Chess, every single pawn has a strict amount of things it can do, a game is balanced exactly because there are strict rules.

-Weather can wound.
-The wounding is infinite. (A card may be 20 strength for example and Weather will bring it to 1!)
-On top of that, Weather will spawn more cards for some factions.
-Weather's only counter is First Light.

Shouldn't Weather effect (and Lacerate) be included in the latest patch rules and not be the exception? What am i missing here?

Blueboy Lugos, Trololo, Old Speartip and Ogdrin still affect the whole row so it's not just Weather and Lacerate. I might be missing a few as well

Tamacountry13;n8305670 said:
Blueboy Lugos, Trololo, Old Speartip and Ogdrin still affect the whole row so it's not just Weather and Lacerate. I might be missing a few as well

True, these are buff and debuff cards, yet they do not have the same effect as Weather, as i explained and it's fairly obvious.

Again, the last patch brought this ceiling to every card, you see it? "3 adjustment units...", instead of whole row. That, imo, balances the META and brings rules to the game. The buff/debuff cards you mention remove 1 strength per row each turn. There are already limitations to them see?

HenryGrosmont;n8305600 said:
People are still complaining about Weather? I mean, really?

No buddy, i am not complaining. I am sharing my thoughts. Can you see the difference friend?

I am having questions and/or concerns and i am starting a discussion. Perhaps i am right, perhaps i am wrong, either way i am not negative in any way and i find my questions fairly reasonable. Weather is an effect card, it debuffs without limitations, is it not? Did the last patch brought limitations to almost every card? If so, this is an exclusion.

Another question i didn't post, "Why a Card spawns multiple instances of a minion plus a weather effect and why there's is not a card that could do the same but opposite"...for example, "Spawn x minions and remove Weather from a row"?

Perhaps i am overthinking? I don't think so, i just try to cover all angles. In any case, thanks for replying.

Honestly, people read and interpret what they read as their personal biases allow them or they do not read at all? That's another question for another topic i guess but i don't understand why is it so confusing. People will, either rush into conclusions and post a mainstream answer, "Stop complain", or they will translate something into their liking.

Don't we all want a balanced game? Raising questions or being critical is bad? How can a game evolve to the better without questions and critique/suggestions/feedback? Shouldn't we all want to have a gameplay experience as fair and balanced as possible for everyone and not just to our liking?

I don't know. Perhaps feedback is an illusion.

There are several threads with identical questions and opening a new one, that doesn't add anything new I have to say, instead of posting in those seems counterproductive and looks like another "weather is op" complaint. Buddy...
I'll humor you and answer that CDPR already stated that they do not like how weather works and plan on reworking it. That's why it was nerfed to the ground. All this you could've found if you just used the"search" function. Buddy...

i mean how could you complain about the weather with changes to woodland spirit and more importantly first light?

Err, sorry. Weather's effed. Always has been. It needs to be totally reworked somehow and then we can see if it needs to adhere to positioning. Just my 2¢, but remember, there are no refunds.

Plenty of counters to weather - First Light (obviously) and Blizzard stand out but any buffing units (Hawker healers, armsmen, thunderbolt, swallow, etc) will buff the 1 value to something that can't be Lacerated. If you use your cards right you can buff your cards and then at the end hit them with a First Light for a massive increase in strength. It's all about being able to play your cards correctly.

That said, I do tend to agree that weather affecting entire rows doesn't seem in keeping with the positional patch. Perhaps it should only affect 3-5 units? CDPR are looking into weather and no doubt it will be changed in the future.

I love how everyone acts like buffing units that had a lot of str by two or three is a counter to weather being op.

roundert;n8313920 said:
I love how everyone acts like buffing units that had a lot of str by two or three is a counter to weather being op.
Weather decks only run Wild Hunt Warriors and maybe a Lacerate so buffing your units a few points prevents them from getting killed. This then allows you to save your Clear Skies for latter in the round and then running out of weathers.

I like the weather as it is, it stayed true to its purpose from Witcher 3: the wild hunt. Its also the only counter to those deck that like buffs all the way to 200. And to those ideas that to make weather effect positioning patch as to make unit loose from left to right -1, -2, -3..... is a really dim idea...

There's simply no pleasing some people...i suggest CDPR stop listening to all this "nerf weather",'omg weather is so op right now" none sense and buff it a bit like it's normal because atm it's very disappointing.My suggestions are:
1.Revert FL to affect only 1 row like it was (i actually liked that)
2.Revert silver weather cards to affect 2 rows (ofc here i'm talking about Merigold's Hailstorm,Skellige Storm and White Frost)

Either one of those changes above should do the trick.

KaynOfNosgoth;n8316870 said:
i suggest CDPR stop listening to all this "nerf weather"

CDPR themselves have stated they are not happy with how weather works right now, regardless of what the players think.

Top Bottom