Just played against Broover Hoog #45023 and Broover Hoog #563201

+
Just played against Broover Hoog #45023 and Broover Hoog #563201

Is anyone else at the point where you just want to forfeit to Scoia Tael decks because they are all built the same way?
This meta is getting tiresome, abusing ambush to get a 28 point swing and I can't even interact with the cards or lock them.

hold me

There's a nerf coming, I'm pretty sure. Not certain what it is, but I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of, "Operator creates a BASE COPY of a card in your hand, and in your opponent's hand."

Toruviel abuse is annoying, especially if you aren't playing NG or have another means to get rid of it, because you know you are just setting up his sniper if you play it.

I have a simple strategy when playing casual:
If I see ST I just forfeit.
If I don't I play the match :D

I been playing for a few months and is always the same in this game, a op deck appears everyone copy paste every single card: i remember weather monster, radovid control,scoiatel ciri dash, discard skellige. Its just sad that people cant even have fun trying original decks even in low ranks the players are alredy making cheaper versions of the op decks until they got all the exact pieces

Oh, please... I run two Scoia decks and neither of those is Ambush. Besides, Ambush isn't the top deck by any means.
I mean Scoia is so OP... that's why Henselt was the deck people were banning in the tournament.

I have loads of St decks and only one of them is ambush - and I rarely run it. I'm using Operator in a Monster consume deck ATM (and it's working well). I find that Casual matches pit you against a whole heap of different decks - in the last week I've found it mostly NR and SK Wound I'm playing against rather than ST ambush. I think that ST Ambush is the current bêtes noir rather than actually being a real problem. It seems to have entered the Gwent player consciousness as being a problem when actually it isn't really and can be countered effectively if you act aggressively in earlier rounds. If you think you're up against a ST ambush then push for an early win and force the opponent to play their buffed ambush cards early.

See but that's the problem the Ambush cards even if you win the first round you are down for the other two because they specialize in card advantage. Ambush cards can't be interacted with which makes them ridiculously stupid.
also Henselt being banned in the tournament. Hes the only leader who can almost toe to toe ST decks. The sooner Scorch is made fleeting and Ambush cards can be targeted the better off the meta will be.

Heck, make golds that can deal with ambush cards. Vernon Roche is just a glorified Ballistae when he should be out there killing bloody nonhumans

The Scoia Tael is pretty well designed but after over two weeks running different ST decks, I have to agree that the main problem lies on the card advantage of the ST rather than the card interactions. I think their unique ability should be replaced.

DoctorRockzo;n8351120 said:
also Henselt being banned in the tournament. Hes the only leader who can almost toe to toe ST decks. The sooner Scorch is made fleeting and Ambush cards can be targeted the better off the meta will be.
No, that isn't the reason. Did you make it up just now? Henselt's decks were banned because there's little counter to them. It's also an autopilot deck.
I repeat, Ambush decks aren't top tier by any means. People need to stop taking everything youtubers say for its face value and start thinking and tinkering with their decks. Even from meta, Ambush loses to Consume and Henselt.

HenryGrosmont;n8351340 said:
No, that isn't the reason. Did you make it up just now? Henselt's decks were banned because there's little counter to them. It's also an autopilot deck.
I repeat, Ambush decks aren't top tier by any means. People need to stop taking everything youtubers say for its face value and start thinking and tinkering with their decks. Even from meta, Ambush loses to Consume and Henselt.

Yeah, Only Dbomb can work against the huge power swing and it feels a little useless against other decks and used up a silver slot.

Walti93;n8352000 said:
Yeah, Only Dbomb can work against the huge power swing and it feels a little useless against other decks and used up a silver slot.

Now this is an issue, isn't it? When you have to carry one card to counter just one deck... for one round.

Not really one round because you can always Aglais her

Anyways, I was told that if I think Scoia Tael is overpowered then I should pilot a ST deck to see if I still feel that way

I went 10-0 and jumped up 500 MMR my average game had 4 card advantage by the end of round 2

and most of them were against Northern Realms and Nilfgaard, I felt dirty.

If you think they are fine, that's great, but don't act like it takes more than 2 braincells to rub together.

HenryGrosmont;n8350660 said:
Oh, please... I run two Scoia decks and neither of those is Ambush. Besides, Ambush isn't the top deck by any means.
I mean Scoia is so OP... that's why Henselt was the deck people were banning in the tournament.

Oh,no....Poor ST will be nerfed again???

Aaannnd...we're back to being friendly. Everyone offer an ice cream cone and/or falafel sandwich to everyone else. NOW! I better see sprinkles and tzatziki sauce flying all over the place.

Besides, wildly unbalanced factions are what are supposed to be happening during betas. Can you even imagine what would happen if the balance issues like this were there when the game released? The angry scowls would increase by, like, 1,000%.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand people whining about ST again.
Go whine about the res chains going out of control in NR decks and annoying trebuchets.

Shonendo;n8415950 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand people whining about ST again.
Go whine about the res chains going out of control in NR decks and annoying trebuchets.

+2

(because writing +1 would not be enough)

Top Bottom