Bot players?

+
Bot players?

Are bot players a thing here? I came across an interesting match where my opponent interestingly enough named "Spyware69" kept counting down the clock from the beginning of the round. Three cards from my opponents side dumped so I passed. All of a sudden my opponent came to life and played woodland spirit to get the first win. Round 2, same thing only this time I kept using special cards to burn out my opponents hand. Eventually around 4 cards on hand, the player FF.

Circling back to my question: are bot players a thing here?

Riven-Twain;n8368440 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if there were. However, by a remarkable coincidence, Spyware69 posted just recently on these forums. You're not a bot, now, are you, Spyware?
Was it you perchance? :whistles:

reliusclover;n8368450 said:
He was probably taking a dump when the match started, i met some players like this too.

And by coincidence immediately reacted as soon as I passed by playing a single card to win the round? Hard to believe. Then the opponent did the same thing in round 2. What, he went back to finish the job?

Out of curiosity, how have you met others that were taking a dump and why would someone start a round then decide to drop a deuce?

Riven-Twain;n8368440 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if there were. However, by a remarkable coincidence, Spyware69 posted just recently on these forums. You're not a bot, now, are you, Spyware?

Took a look at the profile. Just joined a couple of days ago and already had a hand of good cards. I saw each card that was dumped after each timeout but the most notable were G.Aard and Caranthir. Also had Woodland spirit which was the only card played. Maybe spent money on kegs? Possible. This doesn't feel right.

zeph08;n8368580 said:
And by coincidence immediately reacted as soon as I passed by playing a single card to win the round? Hard to believe. Then the opponent did the same thing in round 2. What, he went back to finish the job?

Out of curiosity, how have you met others that were taking a dump and why would someone start a round then decide to drop a deuce?

They probably forgot to wipe lol, but depending on how many cards he loss due to passing the timer, he would like to get at least one win for the daily win reward bonus.

reliusclover;n8368710 said:
They probably forgot to wipe lol

He would play so often and encounter 'same sh... everyday', he decided to go back and change his pants in the middle of the game ;)

Doesn't sound like a bot but someone who wants an easy win.
NEVER pass if someone is doing this to you, Just play a card reguardless. They have no chance of winning and you'd still finish faster then a normal match.

Bots can be fun. I remember playing shot online, golf simulation, and watching the on screen notification that FingerMeBumHole just scored a hole in one repeatedly over every hole on the course and thinking to myself, "I bet he did". Having said that, die bots die. I remember a NR player (spits) who tried this tactic on me way back when I first started. After winning the first round acourse but I kept playing til they had to forfeit. Kma.

Tamacountry13;n8369270 said:
Doesn't sound like a bot but someone who wants an easy win.
NEVER pass if someone is doing this to you, Just play a card reguardless. They have no chance of winning and you'd still finish faster then a normal match.

Yeah that's what crossed my mind afterwards. The few times I have encountered opponents running timer, they forfeit after losing two cards in r1. At that point I genuinely believe they were AFK and give them a gg since they got no wins.

What a sad strategy to get wins though. Not going to learn any tactics from his own deck that way.

Flintberg;n8369030 said:
Technically, while not being a very sportsmanlike behaviour, it IS a winning strategy. Got a win.

Like the saying, "Doesn't matter had sex" :smiling2:

I played against my first bot today. I passed in the first round with him being 20+ points ahead and he just kept playing his whole deck. The player name even was AI something. I don't understand what the point is in botting quent. You don't learn anything and you can't trade cards with your proper account.

Bot player detected... Auto play card from lowest strength to high strength. Always check leader first before play. Good bot for Monster passive.

Top Bottom