Gwent on Mobile (Android/iOS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mobile version will very likely arrive if Gwent is successful. It wil probably be only after the main (pc, consoles) release. CDPR don't want to tease with such an information for there could be some complications and it is not wise to announce it months forward unless they are already focused on it, I think.

Would be great to see a mobile version in the future, but I can understand the need to get it working and complete for pc/console first and if it's successful expand onto mobile.

Gwent The Witcher Card Game for IOS and other Smart Phone devices?

Should Gwent Be Available on Smartphone Devices?

Plainly stated, yes. But will it ever? That I do not know. I'm willing too bet the folks up there at CD Projekt Red have already thought about this very subject; and how they are going too implement it. its ironic since The Witcher 3 was a great game. but it was a mere carrier of a true hidden gem. I believe this game will rise too stand side by side with hearthstone one day if implemented and managed properly. Being playable on smart phone devices is where I believe this game will really take off. After all the percentage of people that have PC's and Consoles pales in comparison to the percentage of people who have smartphone devices. So being available on smartphones will give Gwent the ability too reach out too people who would never have known about it in the first place.Since Gwent is still in development porting it over too smart phones would not be the best time. But after development is complete and the multiplayer aspect has been completely ironed out. Then bringing it over too smartphones would be a good idea. After all if you think about it Andrzej Sapkowski laid out the ground work when he originally created Geralt and the universe of the witchers. Then Cd Projekt Red was probably like "hmm that's interesting we might have something here". So It was ported from the books into the game. Then after finishing The Witcher 2 they were like "I like where this is taking us but this should be available too more people so lets port it onto consoles".Surely enough they were right. And Finally, thank the heavens. They were like " Alright we now have the experience needing too craft the Witcher experience we have always wanted, all or nothing baby". And thus The Witcher 3 was born. But now it time for Gwent too shine and once its ported onto smartphones; the cycle will be complete and Cd Projekt Red will have brought out the fullest potential of what Adrzel Sapkoski started.

-Best of Luck
HumbleBubbleTea

I also saw the job posting and while it's indeed an indicator CDPR is looking into mobile development, it's far from official. In court they would call it 'circumstantial evidence'.

Anyhow, a mobile release would be the next logical step after the game is officially released. But lets just wait for an official statement first.

I really hope so. The new Hearthstone quest update has killed my interest in playing anymore on my down time and would love to replace that with Gwent!

I'd love to be able to play mobile Gwent although it might affect my efficiency at work. And I'd need to buy a bigger tablet.

Oh my god this gets me so hyped for the mobile Gwent game! Now i'll have something to do on the bus ride to work.

Eratheon;n8396320 said:
Now i'll have something to do on the bus ride to work.

You mean, throwing your phone at an unsuspecting stranger out of frustration because you lost the match due to a disconnect from poor cell coverage which prevented you from achieving rank 15 while you could have easily won the match?

Think of those poor strangers, please.

reliusclover;n8396380 said:
Since we got gwent for the PS4, maybe theres a chance for it to go to the PS Vita :D .... maybe?..... *cries inside*

A mobile version I do see happening. However, a PS Vita version I don't ever see happening. The handheld is just not popular enough. It's far more easy to develop a mobile version and you'll reach a greater audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom