Question about server regions

+
Question about server regions

Hi CDPR, I'm curious to know if we are matched against players from all over the world or in specific regions? (i.e. US West Coast/East Coast, Western Europe, Asia etc)
Will be there options to select server regions in the latter case?

There's no indication in-game that I can see that indicates where an opponent is based. This type of game doesn't seem to be as prone to problems caused by lag as, for example FPS games are, so the locations of players doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't noticed any lag problems at least and I play at all times of the day depending on my availability - so I could potentially be playing against players in differing time zones without knowing it.

It's a fair question though, especially given that ranking on the leaderboard can be split between geographical areas.

I'm from India, am I eligible to play this game and compete with other players if I get the beta key ? In HEARTHSTONE ( The game I'm about to quit ) I play in NA server but not in Asia server. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Frontovika;n8404450 said:
Hi CDPR, I'm curious to know if we are matched against players from all over the world or in specific regions? (i.e. US West Coast/East Coast, Western Europe, Asia etc)
Will be there options to select server regions in the latter case?

Players are matched with opponents from the same region. Currently the regions are divided between Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia & Oceania.

Dominika.Skubida;n8405920 said:
Players are matched with opponents from the same region. Currently the regions are divided between Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia & Oceania.
This is interesting. Does the game use the IP address to determine which region we are in, because I don't recall a region setting ingame.

Thank you for the info! That sounds fair to me.

nhk3;n8406040 said:
This is interesting. Does the game use the IP address to determine which region we are in, because I don't recall a region setting ingame.

I believe (somebody can correct me if i am wrong) that your region is based on your GOG account (i,e the region you have given in GOG)

Thanks for the clarification, are the regions locked? I would prefer that.

I've went up against players with names suggesting they're from other continents .. and the match tends to be very laggy against them. I hope they don't work around it.

Top Bottom