The Least Played Cards

+
The Least Played Cards

Every card should be played. But still we have some card that relatively not played by majority player.
So far, this is a list of card for each faction you will rarely seen on battlefield

1. Neutral (Not Faction)
CYPRIAN WILEY (Silver Card)
  • Description : A man with 3 bulldogs have 7 STR
  • Card Effect : Remove 3 base STR from an opposing non-gold unit

This card effect not as evil as his appearance. Removing 3 base STR while other silver card can do more. Hmmm

2. Monster
FRIGHTENER (Silver Card)
  • Description : A huge monster insect like looks like in a swamp lurking for an army have 4 STR
  • Card Effect : Every 2 turn, banish random non-gold special card in your graveyard, then absorb 3 STR

This card effect is not like its description, it is lurking for a meat not a spell @_@ and the countdown is too long

3. Nilfgaard (Milfguard)
ASSIRE VAN ANAHID (Silver Card)
  • Description : A mage hugging a black cat in creepy place have 10 STR
  • Card Effect : Choose up 2 card in your opponent’s graveyard and randomly place them in your opponent deck. For ach card chosen, lose 1 STR

Maybe its will work against Skellige but lose 1 or 2 STR for Skellige card is kinda …

4. Northern Realm
DETHMOLD (Silver Card)
  • Description : A mage standing in the middle of strom with his staff ready for photoshoot have 9 STR
  • Card Effect : Banish a non-gold card from either graveyard

This card work pretty well against skellige and another NR, but this is not versatile and kinda useless with faction without resurrect card

5. Scoia’tael
DENNIS CARMEN (Silver Card)
  • Description : A dwarf look like stopping a conflict from another dwarf (What a hot headed race) not radovid fault your race burned alive :v have 4 STR
  • Card Effect : At the end of every turn, reset all other non-gold units on the row to base STR

Maybe this man trying to infiltrated to another battlefield but not lucky enough from (is this guy a spy?) if not what advantage form user? maybe this guy should RIP with his kind

6. Skellige
SKJALL (Silver Card)
  • Description : A man with his bread running from werewolf
  • Card Effect : Lose 2 STR at the start of your turn. When removed from BF, spawn Craven Revived on the same row

For me I use this card but rarely seen another play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Skjall somewhat regularly. I played Dennis Cranmer in one of my decks for a little bit as a counter to weather, but there are better ST silvers. I rarely see others use him. I see Dethmold from time to time. I agree about the others.

I don't think I've ever seen assassination played. I'm sure some people use it, I just haven't seen it.

Last edited:
But those are silver, which is the less used gold? could I guess Kambi? I would like to see a complete database, it would make it interesting. Rawls, I have seen assassination, it says it is played 8.65% decks the last 30 days.

Last edited:
Better slide Johnny on the list.

Description: A lost gray boy taking a dump.
Card effect: (To hurtful to read, RIP Johnny)
:sad2:

oh the side note, Blizzard Potion, where are you?!

Interesting. 8.65% of Nilfgaard decks would mean roughly 1-2% of total decks. Which explains why I haven't seen it yet.

Pretty sure it is personal experience.

cyprian WILEY

Card should be changed to Ranged-Type and Effect should be changed to "Spawn 3 Dogs in the Melee row".
Dog (2 STR)
This is exactly what i think this Card should do when i see this Artwork.

@FRIGHTENER

Is it buggy?
Ive used it once in a Consume-Deck, worked pretty well but i didnt looked for what it is consuming.
If the Description is right, i like this Card. Maybe t

@ASSIRE VAN ANAHID & DETHMOLD

I think Graveyard-Control features will become more important in later Expansions.

@DENNIS CARMEN
Ive never seen ST-Decks with Weather Features, but he should be the key.
Very useful Keycard in my opinion.

@SKJALL
I can imagine to build a competetive Deck with him, but it seems im the only one?

Assire is used against me a lot recently and I have to say, I HATE seeing her. I'm on a SK kick and it can really mess me up.

I play with Wiley in some decks. He is great for taking out that pesky Roach (permanently dead). On a side note, what other neutral troop card takes away base strength? I'll have to look thru the collection and craft it. Wiley is a 10 point swing that also permanently takes away 3 strength.

I used to use the frightener in a control deck before the last patch but now everyone is lock happy so it was sidelined.

I'm also always trying new thing tho, I hate playing cookie cutter decks

DMaster2;n8406500 said:
Wut? I never saw it, nor in ranked neither in casual.
Maybe I'm just remembering it more because his audio annoys me. Gwent DB says it's used in less than 1% of Skellige decks posted there. Regardless, by "somewhat regularly" I was meaning like maybe 1 out of 10 matches against Skellige. As in - I see it enough to remember I hate the audio from it.

Skjall might be the single worst card in Gwent tbh. On the other hand, I dont think Assire is such a bad card. She sadly never sees play, because your 6 silver slots are too valuable to fill them with situational cards. The same basically applies to all mentioned cards, although I have to admit that Cyprian Viley, Frightener, Dennis Carmen and Skjall are indeed aweful.

Cyprian Wiley was such a good character in the third game, to see him have such a pointless, boring effect is quite annoying. I preferred his old ability, but the trouble is that base strength, especially single target, just doesn't synergise with anything, its only good to take something out...of which the only target 3 gets is Roach. Making him something like 8 STR "Banish a unit. Lose base strength equal to the strength of that unit". This would probably be pretty overpowered though, I'm imagining that you can only destroy a max of 8 STR, but even then it might make it core in every deck for targeted banishing.

Frightener isn't too bad, it's just there is no reason to run him as a silver, when Vran is bronze and much more OP, Katakan and Giant Toad are silver and gain a targeted amount. It's pretty slow as well, and you might not have spells at all. I'd say make him every turn, and go for both player's graveyards. Maybe up the gain to 4 STR every special, depends if that balances better.

Assire is fine. She's great in certain cases, and otherwise a base 10 STR. There are certainly worse Nilfgaard cards

Dethmold suffers because he's single target again, and most OP cards you want to res are bronze so there would be more than one. To make him viable he'd probably need the Caretaker's effect, and that's something I'd rather they didn't do. I'd like to see a viable mage deck, maybe have him work with other mage cards, or maybe he could steal and play a bronze special from the opponent's graveyard or something.

Dennis Cranmer is odd, because I thought he'd be pretty good when he was announced. The trouble is, you don't want to use it on your own units because you want to be buffing them - even if weather is involved, a clear skies is usually better - and if you use it on their units, the debuff comes a bit too late or he'll just get eaten. Plus, you are giving them strength. The issue is more that he just doesn't fit into a Scoia deck, a neutral card with a similar effect would be far better (it would probably need to be gold though). Cranmer himself needs a rework so he fits better into dwarf decks - how about 8 STR: "When a friendly dwarf takes damage, this card takes it instead"?

Skjall is just rubbish. Craven Revived is a worse, easier to deal with Dandelion, and the fact that you are waiting 2 turns makes it even worse. He needs to at least hit everything spawned. I think I'd rework Craven Revived in general, lore wise I feel like it has to do something with the graveyard - buff every card in there, perhaps?

RickMelethron;n8407490 said:
may i just point out... "the least played cards" would be a much better title

Yeah, for the sake of findability later on, I've changed the topic.

A card such as Assire has huge potential.

First - 2 units i don't feel is enough. I'd like to see it expand to 3 or maybe even 4 potentially.
Second - I'd like to be able to choose where you place the cards. Bottom, top, randomly: the ability to have greater control over your opponent's draws.
Third - What if she removed the targeted cards ability? So if your opponent does get the card back out of their deck its just a body, nothing more.
Forth - Target your own graveyard perhaps? You can place a card back in your deck as a pseudo resurrection, and then draw out using emisaries or morvran etc..

Not saying all 4 all at once but just some ideas.

Lim3zer0;n8409240 said:
A card such as Assire has huge potential.
First - 2 units i don't feel is enough. I'd like to see it expand to 3 or maybe even 4 potentially.
Second - I'd like to be able to choose where you place the cards. Bottom, top, randomly: the ability to have greater control over your opponent's draws.
Third - What if she removed the targeted cards ability? So if your opponent does get the card back out of their deck its just a body, nothing more.
Forth - Target your own graveyard perhaps? You can place a card back in your deck as a pseudo resurrection, and then draw out using emisaries or morvran etc..

First- This sounds alright, perhaps 3?
Second- No, you could easily intentionally wreck the quality of your opponent's draw going into Round 3. Put a dead card on top of their deck every single time.
Third- I think this is a cool idea, but considering you can target spells you're arguing for the ability to give your opponent entirely blank cards.
Fourth- Pretty sure this would be run in every single deck. I think it'd be too strong with Morvran in the late game with thin decks. It would have to not be able to target golds, and even then, this combination would be a Poor Man's Aglais and Poor Man's Restore rolled into one silver.

I've been experimenting a bit with Assire trying to use her as a disruptive influence on my opponent's card draws... I feel like she's so close to being very playable. The main issue lies in how some Silvers are basically oppressive to all the others by being heads and shoulders above everything else. Once those cards are toned down Assire will only need a slight buff at most. I think the same is true with Cyprian Wiley: his 10 strength total, with 3 of that being base strength, is actually a playable card.

Dennis Cranmer is a specific tech card that will work in situations like tournaments. Dorfs is making a resurgence and row stacking isn't dead, and what with multiple commander's horns that this deck can bring to the table, Dennis Cranmer shuts this deck down very quickly as these decks don't run much removal at all. Dennis Cranmer is arguably fine but his effect will never see a huge amount of ladder play. Just like at the very top level of the game you'll see Dimeritium Shackles and Radovid in more tournament decks than in the same player's ladder decks: because these cards are tech cards.

Skjall is just terrible. He's a bad Dandelion while having to wait some turns for his interesting effect to come online, forcing you to develop him onto the board early. Then he has to compete with the silver powerhouses in Skellige. Right.

Also, Mojo showed me recently that Cyprian Wiley is gaining a lot of popularity at the top of the ladder for its efficacy against Roach and Nekkers. Even if the nekkers are buffed, it prevents them from pulling new nekkers out of the deck at the end of a round or when they're consumed. That's pretty amazing!

Top Bottom