Scoiatael vs Skellige Queensguard

+
Scoiatael vs Skellige Queensguard

discard queensguards, draig bon-dhu queensguards,
priestess queensguards :shock2:, scorch :scold:, priestess queensgaurds :shock2:, aglias scorch :scold:, restore queensguards :shock2:, eithne aglias scorch :scold:, priestess queensguards:shock2:, naturegifts scorch :scold:, sig queensguards :shock2:, shirru :scold:, decoy priestess queensguards :shock2: to be continued... ST vs SK ladies and gentlemen:facepalm2:

Last edited:
Tamacountry13;n8434240 said:
:facepalm2:You should've staggered thier strength, pretty noobish mistake if you ask me
don't want any advise, just pointing out the broken mechanics (or what ever you want to call it). i wasn't playing SK

Last edited:
e74.gif

Attachments

• e74.gif
    e74.gif
    967.8 KB · Views: 71
Wait, what!? Aren't players usually complaining about the Scorch Family? It's been a long time since anyone even mentioned the Queensguard. You know why? Because they are unreliable. But you just blindly played right into the opponent's hands; just like the once in a blue moon Kambi Combo. And then you go on the forum and say the mechanics are broken. I am starting to see a pattern here. Just saying.

Discard Queensguards, Draig Bon–Dhu on Queensguards...

And then the Monsters (Griffin, Ghoul, Katakan, Caretaker) go: "Dinner is served, omnomnomnom".
Or, you know, Skellige can just Decoy Udalryk.
Or, NR can Decoy Dethmold (not that anyone is using that card).

Some things:

Tamacountry13;n8434240 said:
You should've staggered thier strength, pretty noobish mistake if you ask me

If he used DBD, then they are staggered, as he can only bump 2 in the graveyard, and not all 3. Then the Restore on one of them makes all 3 of them different strengths.

Ruthless95;n8434220 said:
discard queensguards, draig bon-dhu queensguards,
priestess queensguards :shock2:, scorch :scold:, priestess queensgaurds :shock2:, aglias scorch :scold:, restore queensguards :shock2:, eithne aglias scorch :scold:, priestess queensguards:shock2:, naturegifts scorch :scold:, sig queensguards :shock2:, shirru :scold:, decoy priestess queensguards :shock2: to be continued... ST vs SK ladies and gentlemen:facepalm2:

As stated above, after the second scorch, all the QGs would have different strength. And a scorch would be a crappy play against a 7 Str single QG.

However, in the scenario presented, your opponent has played 8 cards and has only 5 Str Aglais and 5 Str Shirru to show for it. Meanwhile, Cerys is sitting with an 18 Str, and a gold border.

In summation, I don't know why you are complaining. The whole point of QGs are to play them as often as you can. The opponent is helping you by wasting his firepower to pump your Cerys.

Is this really what General Discussions has come to? Complaining about the state of the game using emotes and descriptions without providing any argumentation or reasoning, just "I don't like the way things are right now".

Codexhel;n8436410 said:
Is this really what General Discussions has come to? Complaining about the state of the game using emotes and descriptions without providing any argumentation or reasoning, just "I don't like the way things are right now".

I agree. My previous post got deleted by Rawls, which I can empathize with as I was quite harsh, but... It boggles my mind that no action is being taken against nondescript threads full of pointless emotes and completely devoid of sound arguments, labelling niche combos (like the recent Kambi thread and this one) that rarely see play as "disgusting" and mandating "fixes for broken mechanics", declaring unwillingness to accept any advise... And the justifiable critical comments receive moderation?

I'm with Codexhel on this one; if this is what General Discussion has deteriorated to, what is the point of the forum? Obviously this stifles the forum as it drowns in pointless threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimraphel

It's up to the moderation team to decide which threads get closed/deleted. As long as a thread adheres to the forum rules, it is allowed. Whether or not a thread is pointless is a subjective matter. You are allowed to state your opinion about it, but please do not engage in personal attacks like calling users trolls. If you think a post is out of line, feel free to report it and the moderators will look into it. Do not start playing moderator yourself and do not argue a moderator's decision in public. If you have any issues or questions, PM the respective moderator.

Back on topic, please.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n8436740 said:
Nimraphel

It's up to the moderation team to decide which threads get closed/deleted. As long as a thread adheres to the forum rules, it is allowed. Whether or not a thread is pointless is a subjective matter. You are allowed to state your opinion about it, but please do not engage in personal attacks like calling users trolls. If you think a post is out of line, feel free to report it and the moderators will look into it. Do not start playing moderator yourself.

Fair enough, I'll strive to avoid ad hominem terms such as 'troll'. I didn't intend to play moderator, although I do question why threads like this exists, as I can't see them leading anywhere constructively.

Nimraphel;n8436460 said:
And the justifiable critical comments receive moderation?

Two wrongs don't make a right :(

4RM3D;n8436740 said:
Back on topic, please.

Okay, but this invites the question, what is the topic exactly? Are we talking about the ST vs SK matchup in general? Or are we to reason about the balance of the matchup? Or none of the above? Knowing this would be a good starting point for continuing the thread.

Codexhel;n8436820 said:
Okay, but this invites the question, what is the topic exactly? Are we talking about the ST vs SK matchup in general? Or are we to reason about the balance of the matchup? Or none of the above? Knowing this would be a good starting point for continuing the thread.

It's true that some threads do not have a clear direction to go to. Then it's up to each person individually to make of it what they will, until either the OP responds or the thread fades into the eternal void. And in those rare cases the thread goes sideways, Cleaver will come to pay a visit.

Well, I like to add that I never ever happened to meet another Queensguard deck on the ladder. Aside the one that I currently run, with Operator to get the bonus fourth Queensguard.
I use Draig bon-dhu + Decoy + Sigrdrifa for max value.
I would have loved the mirror Queensguard vs Queensguard!

From my experience the deck is not performing that well. Against Scoiatel is okay-ish, Nilfgaard and Monster are difficult matchups.

so much butthurt in one thread. love you all.
with that out of the way i didn't play into the opponent's hand i not daft i'm lvl 38 at rank 11, im aware that SK has 1200 ways to res over and over, but it never struck me that a match up between ST scorch and SK can feel so ridiculous so i kept rolling with it. it was in casual and it turned out to be a hilarius match but that doesn't change that that sh*t just felt wrong.
btw stop hallucinating aka seeing a pattern.

Top Bottom