Release Date And Cost

+
Release Date And Cost

How far is the game from being finished. I just started. Also, will it be free or cost money? I hope it cost money because so many good games are wasted in free to play.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The open beta should start somewhere this summer. If that's any indication, the game should be coming along very well.

The game will be free to play, with optional keg purchases and a single player campaign which can be bought with money.

Selling the campaign seperate in a F2P Game like a DLC is more then unusual.
Does anyone did this before?

I am realy looking forward to this and ill bet my nuts it will be worth it ^.^

Faustus800;n8519670 said:
Selling the campaign seperate in a F2P Game like a DLC is more then unusual.
Does anyone did this before?

I am realy looking forward to this and ill bet my nuts it will be worth it ^.^
Nope, but with campaigns in other games there are new cards. In gwent as far as i know there is no exclusive pvp cards with the single player campaign.

4RM3D;n8517800 said:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

...and a single player campaign which can be bought with money.

This is the first I've heard about campaigns having to be purchased. Do you have a link to CDPR stating this?

265feral;n8521060 said:
This is the first I've heard about campaigns having to be purchased. Do you have a link to CDPR stating this?

I can't come up with a link.. but I do recall that the campaign was to be purchased

DMaster2;n8519730 said:
Nope, but with campaigns in other games there are new cards. In gwent as far as i know there is no exclusive pvp cards with the single player campaign.

265feral;n8521060 said:

I dont use redit but found this comment with just google search.

[–]rethazCD PROJEKT RED 30 points 4 months ago
To clarify :)

This isn't the first Northern Realms campaign.

Its a free adventure that will be at least an hour worth of gameplay and have 4 unique cards tied to it :)

Last edited:
NovaBlast;n8521210 said:
I dont use redit but found this comment with just google search.

I remember something on the lines.. of a 10 hour campaign for each faction.. but they hadn't figured out how to include a monsters story...or was working on it..?

It's not unheard of to include a campaign/single-player "adventure" with TCG's or CCG's that costs money to play in these FREE-TO-PLAY Digital Card Games.

Hearthstone has them, be it overpriced. TES:L has them as well, also somewhat pricey. Having at least ONE campaign be free is more than likely. The rest will probably cost money, which makes sense. The price involved is up for debate.

HEX is the only TCG of which I know of that has a lengthy campaign, plays out like an old-school point-and-click 2D adventure while rewarding you cards in the process.

Guitarstudent;n8523330 said:
what? there will be content that will be only bought via real money? seriously?

**facepalm** ....if i comment on what i actually think of this statement i will get moderated unfortunately....

Guitarstudent;n8523330 said:
what? there will be content that will be only bought via real money? seriously?
As long there aren't any multiplayer cards tied with it it's fine. Sure if they release a real money only campaign with exclusive new cards for pvp that would be terrible news.

DMaster2;n8524480 said:
As long there aren't any multiplayer cards tied with it it's fine. Sure if they release a real money only campaign with exclusive new cards for pvp that would be terrible news.

**facepalm** again ....all i can say is i disagree.....sigh.....

TheShift;n8523480 said:
I remember something on the lines.. of a 10 hour campaign for each faction.. but they hadn't figured out how to include a monsters story...or was working on it..?

40 hours of campaign for a card game? seems like a bit much.

NovaBlast;n8524570 said:
**facepalm** again ....all i can say is i disagree.....sigh.....
Why do you disagree? The f2p population is going to be the core of this game (as far as numbers are concerned), just like in any other f2p ccg around. Locking pvp cards behind a paywall is the safest way to make a promising game like gwent fail badly.
Paid campaigns? Fine. Exclusive cards that can be used in said campaign? Fine. Exclusive cards that can be used in pvp? Not fine.

DMaster2;n8525170 said:
Why do you disagree? The f2p population is going to be the core of this game (as far as numbers are concerned), just like in any other f2p ccg around. Locking pvp cards behind a paywall is the safest way to make a promising game like gwent fail badly.
Paid campaigns? Fine. Exclusive cards that can be used in said campaign? Fine. Exclusive cards that can be used in pvp? Not fine.

deleted response don't wanna cause trouble with the mods ...read my personal thread it should give you enough of a reply and what i think of FTP

Last edited:
You seem to sit on a high horse yourself NovaBlast. F2p players support the game by providing paid players with a large number of opponents and thereby keeping the game alive. You can't compare Gwent with a game that has been an established brand for decades. Gwent has to find its own niche and working buisness model. And your jealousy of f2p players getting something for "free" that you have no trouble to pay for is misplaced since the hourly "pay" for playing is attrocious if you think about it. I don't know what to tell you if you would rather grind for 1-2$/hr out of spite then to just pay for some kegs with money that you earned in a well paying job.

Flowneppets;n8525650 said:
You seem to sit on a high horse yourself NovaBlast. F2p players support the game by providing paid players with a large number of opponents and thereby keeping the game alive. You can't compare Gwent with a game that has been an established brand for decades. Gwent has to find its own niche and working buisness model. And your jealousy of f2p players getting something for "free" that you have no trouble to pay for is misplaced since the hourly "pay" for playing is attrocious if you think about it. I don't know what to tell you if you would rather grind for 1-2$/hr out of spite then to just pay for some kegs with money that you earned in a well paying job.

your quick i deleted it about a minute after I wrote it . /disagree--read my thread for a response re "ftp" player "value".

Final thought : imaging how much they will lose if more people share my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom