The New Open Beta Patch Information Thread

+
TheShift;n8556760 said:
I agree that with such major changes that the devs didn't want to atleast give the closed beta testers 30 days to
to atleast play around with it...then reset for open beta.

I see they want everyone on an even playing field when open beta starts ...I get that

Hopefully they have been testing this set up in house for awhile now..

cuz.. Risky Play on their part

(not that I don't have faith in the devs..just saying.)
Eternal did the same. They mass changed, added and removed cards during transition to OB and it went quite well. I mean no broken stuff right off the bat, with a couple of balance patches everything was fine. I'm sure that will be the case for Gwent as well.
At worst with a patch they can fix whatever end up broken. I prefer this approach to the super conservative "let's keep broken sht for months before doing something" hearthstone's one.

AnimalBrigs;n8557360 said:
Why change John Calveits ability. The huge swings with bringing spies back is so much fun.
Because it's broken and limit card design for spies in the future.

UPDATE:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...20-new-weather-question?p=8559580#post8559580

Okay, so:
  1. Weather does not stack. For example, if you play Fog on a row affected by Rain, Fog overwrites it (Rain disappears and Fog stays).
  2. If multiple cards have the same lowest/highest strength, they are all damaged.
  3. First Light has only one change – it will affect only one chosen row, just like the other weather cards.
  4. Weather damages units permanently. Removing the weather from a row does not restore any strength.
  5. Once a unit is reduced to 0 strength, it will be sent to graveyard.

4RM3D;n8547920 said:
Redanian Elite (Bronze, 4 STR, Any Row / Loyal): Resistant. Bond: Add 2 Armor. Turn Start: Boost self by 1 if under Torrential Rain.

I doubt that your information isn't exactly.

okay i want to have clear information because it was bugging me. Do we get with end season rewards (young geralt avatar, title, etc) the season rewards that grant + packs, + scrap, + meteorite powder based on your achieved rank?

Has it been definitively stated whether or not there will be another wipe after open beta? I would assume not, but I would like to know for sure. I already tested for a hundred or so hours and at this point I want to play for progression. If not i'll hold off till "official" launch.

Thanks to videos from PTR we have a look on all Cards !!! (for Example (Thanks KBT): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkNclf0kClw)
First off, Reloaded keyword means: Trigger this ability when the Unit is played adjacent to units with the Reload ability.
Example: NR Reinforced Ballista, Bronze, 4 Power, Deploy: Damage an enemy by 2, Reloaded: Repeat the Deploy Ability.
And looks like NR has synergy with: Armor, Trios, and interestingly, Units that has the same Power, Interesting Examples:
-Kaedweni Sergeant: 4 Power, Melee, Bronze, Deploy: Boost all Units with the same Power as this unit by 1, wherever they are.
-Blue Stripes Commando: 4 Power, Bronze, Summon this unit (only 1 copy), whenever a different Ally with the same Power is played and place it on that Unit's row, Trio: Create 3 base copies of this Unit on the bottom of your deck.
-Redanian Elite: 6 Power,, Bronze, Armor 4, Whenever this Unit's Armor reaches 0, Boost self by 6.
-Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry: 4 Power, Siege, Bronze, Deploy: Remove Armor from 2 Units and Boost self by the amount of Armor removed.
-Temerian Infantryman: 4 Power, Bronze, Deploy: Boost self by 1 for each unit in your deck with this Unit's Power, Trio: Set this unit to the same Power as the highest Temerian Infantryman in this Trio.
-Ves: 5 Power, Melee, Silver, Summon this Unit whenever you trigger a NR Trio ability.

And Leaders:
-Foltest: 3 Power, Deploy: Boost all units in your hand and deck by 2.
-Henselt: 2 Power, Deploy: Summon all copies of a Bronze ally to its row. (so current Reinforcement, while new Reinforcement allows you Play a Unit from your deck)
-Radovid: 3 Power, Deploy: Lock 2 enemies and weaken them by 4.

Edit: Also we have Gaunter O'Dimm's Gamble:
Guess whether the top Bronze or Silver Unit in your opponent's deck is higher or lower than 5. The consequences of winning or losing this gamble are written on the card.

Last edited:
Here's a video with all the cards in their current form from the ptr. Personally i'd nerf RnR and Drought (i hate this card) before OB because they are broken as sht

To be honest I really hate this new O'dim card. Card advantage shouldn't be influenced by silly things like this.

Furthermore I like the current version of KoB way more than the new one (though I think that the new one is a really good card).

Last edited:
BornBoring;n8563520 said:
To be honest I really hate this new O'dim card. Card advantage shouldn't be influenced by silly things like this.
Furthermore I like the current version of KoB way more than the new one (though I think that the new one is a really good card).

odim won't be run competitive while relying on rng. Too swingy for that.
BUT with NG cards like the golem that puts 5s on top of your deck or xarth and it's no longer "luck".

And imo old kob was kinda OP...

the thing I don't like, at all, is the gutting of siegdrifa , I mean c'mon , it's now just a +2str priestess , big fucking deal...

Well, using Golem before Gaunter O'dim doesn't really make sense because then both players will draw a card anyway.
Thing which I don't like about that card is: play a 10+ disloyal silver card to get card advantage or play loyal 5 gold card to get card advantage. Doesn't sound really balanced, though you also need to play other cards like xarthisius to make it a reliable option.....

edit: My bad, my bad....didn't read that word play!

Last edited:
So can someone who is deeper into the game explain to me how they didn't destroy skellige, the weakest faction right now in terms of freedom of combinations to play skellige, didn't get even worse now? Queensguard still not viable since everyone can fuck with your graveyard even more now and skellige got one card to get a queensguard back in return which is a poor joke. Bears destroy priestess of freya now even in 2 and 3rd term so that means no revive if you play a bear which is redicilous. skellige needed the revive of silvercards but it they removed one with restore and added an ability that is only useful for a discard deck. longboats are still vulnerable as hell and one of 2 real winconditions in a discard deck which gets countered by experienced players with laughable ease and no comback for 2 more rounds since every other faction has more synergy bronze cards that buff each other. I just don't see how this improves anything or balances anything so if somone who played more than a few hours could explain this to me would be great.

-Foltest: 3 Power, Deploy: Boost all units in your hand and deck by 2.

so this is like triss? and there is no reasson NOT to play him in Round 1 first Turn? quite boring.

Last edited:
supafreaky;n8564810 said:
They actually buffed reinforced treb? We'll never see anything else in front of us now.

No, don't read the information on page 1. Reinforced Trebuchet still works like before but has only 4 strength now (source: video from kbt). Smaller changes until next week are still possible though, I think.

Last edited:
BornBoring;n8564930 said:
No, don't read the information on page 1. Reinforced Trebuchet still works like before but has only 4 strength now (source: video from kbt). Smaller changes until next week are still possible though, I think.

Alright. I knew it worked as before, but it said str 5 + 2 armor. Damn things would be spammed worse than they already are

Top Bottom