Anyone else try hard to get season end rewards?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else try hard to get season end rewards?

It's just sad... I am rank 12 with 3200 points and I just can't reach 3300 for rank 13... I tried it for days but the closes I got was around 3255. Every time I play queensguard , I meet monsters who eat my guards. Every time I switch controll, I get outpowerd by war cry. And if I try gold deck, suddenly I only meet controll decks. It's like a curse.

i don't aim for top 1000 but I just want that rank 13-15 titel and picture frame. I know I try way to hard but it's just so close. Well not anymore I am on 3000 again after testing monster deck.

Anyone else really ally want that reward but just can't reach it?

I could use some friendly words from the nice Gwent community right now :(

I did not play ranked but a few times.
This is the pressure..my already intense life style doesn't need.
It's all about the chill..fun factor for me.
but..now the full release is closer..I may throw my self into some stressful play

If you want to climb, you have to play with something good that has a nice winning ratio against the meta + at least 50% on everything else. I recommend you playing scoiatael.

Monsters consume is good too, but its less consistent imo.

Theres also the player skill factor....

I am Rank 9 currently but it took me a good while to get there from Rank 8. It felt like every time I was one win away I would go on a losing streak. So I tweaked my Skellige deck every time until it helped me win. I want to try to get to 10 before the reset.

Well i got in top 100 like two times with consume monsters, but those nasty scoiatel always burn my ass.
That very annoying that Milva+roach combo makes vran warriors sitting ducks :(
So I have changed my deck to Nilfgard to have some fun...
Hope to remain in top 500

I played ranked a while ago and then dropped it because free rank was less stressful and you can play whatever deck you want for fun and not for the win. But after hearing there was a season end reward and how close I am to get one......

I seriously ask myself why I try so hard. After all, it's just a virtual symbol. Maybe because I am so close to the reward. All the teasing. I need 3-4 wins, that's all.

At least my goal is less stressful than stay in the top 100.

Personally the only little grind i've made is to reach level 45 (was level 43 just a couple of days ago). Thankfully i'm already r15 so now i can chill and relax waiting for OB

I tried last month to get to level 15, but I met too many Henselts/Foltests who are very hard to deal with while playing ST, never got past 3750 MMR.
It's frustrating to lose every other game simply because the enemy starts res chains and there is nothing you do to counter the power they bring to the board, so I just settled with my level 14 and called it a day.

For those who want to reach lvl 13 to get the Sharper icon, I suggest using Weather Dagon or Weather Eredin.
The latter often surprises the enemy and they do not always mulligan correctly, I went from lvl 9 to lvl 13 as soon as I realized that seeing Dagon makes them keep Clear Skies, whilst seeing Eredin doesn't.

I give up....... I played for 10 hours again and jump between 2900-3200. I just don't reach 3300. It's like I said. If I play Monster, I meet control, If I play Queens Guard, I meet Monster, If I play Gold deck, I meet war cry. Guess no symbol for me...I just really hope I get another chance next season.

Not even playing for 2 weeks and today I managed to climb to rank 13 with a self made monster weather deck. I'm proud of myself :) Now I'm gonna take it easy since the season end reward for rank 13-15 is the same and I'm unlikely to get to top 1000 in just 2 days.

kaalev;n8565340 said:
How is aeromancy gonna help against goldenboy Henselt? :)

Rain -> removal, before he promote obviously.

Scorch is useless even before he promotes.

Aeromancy is also better against monsters consume and mirror matches (since it can affect traps).

Last edited:
Laveley;n8565520 said:

Aeromancy is also better against monsters consume and mirror matches (since it can affect traps).

I do not only use Aero, but Skell Storm and copy the Water Hag.

Still not enough, too much gold on the other side.

And a Weather deck created to oppose Henselt will fail against Foltest and perish against Ambush.

But no big deal, 3 days from now we start anew:eek:kay:

Checco515;n8565600 said:
I do not only use Aero, but Skell Storm and copy the Water Hag.

Still not enough, too much gold on the other side.

And a Weather deck created to oppose Henselt will fail against Foltest and perish against Ambush.

But no big deal, 3 days from now we start anew:eek:kay:

How do you copy a water hag against henselt playing scoiatael?

I'm not talking about weather deck, i'm talking playing scoiatael with aeromancy. Its a tough matchup but you should have at least 50% win ratio.... i know i have;

DEERCG;n8564280 said:

Thanks for the advise. Thats why I really like the Gwent Community. We help each other. I tried this deck out. Its good but it lacks of strengh. Vs pure strengh decks like Henselt, War cry, Monster, you really have to hit with the Aeromancy. If you draw it to early if elven mercenary its really bad because everyone just clear sky it.

Sometimes I feel like 50% of the decks I meet are Monster consume. 30% Henselt. 15% ST ambush. 5% War Cry.
I am so happy the patch wipe the Faction passiv.

Laveley;n8565520 said:

Rain is insignificant as long as they have promote/leader card and towers. Besides, 1 weather card is not enough. Most NRs keep at least 2 first light cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom