Disappointed with wild hunt and northern realms (so far)

+
Disappointed with wild hunt and northern realms (so far)

So far I can't really get into monsters wild hunt. I find them to be too predictable with the frosts and I don't really find their cards to be powerful or interesting. Hopefully this is just a bad first impression and eventually I will make a deck that I like with them.

As for Northern Realms the only deck type that I want to make eventually is catapults. I don't think I will ever like the blue stripes decks. Getting so many of your cards to the same power is just such a terrible idea in this game. I'm not sure how that kind of deck will ever work.

At least I still love Scoiatel.

Yeah. Nithral is worthless right now, even with white frost. He's made of glass and you just can't get any value from him.

Wild Hunt indeed has some issues. Especially with Nithral being too weak to survive lightning as well as being unreliable. You can't call him up with double cross, nor king of beggars (as he was reworked).

There are so many potentially dead cards too. Wild Hunt Hounds summon biting frost, but what if you've used all of them already or got in your hand through unlucky mulligan? Same with navigators as they summon a copy of a wild hunt unit on your board. That's worse than NR's scout which works with any bronze unit.
​​​​​​
Also, wth happened to all the weather immunity cards?.. Foglets die from fog, wild hunt units and frost giants die from frost, drowners die from rain... What the actual hell?

Weather monster deck is pretty much finished, especially since every faction now has at least half a dozen bronze cards to remove weather and because you need to defend from weather yourself.

Also, not sure if it's a bug or not, but don't put 4 Wild Hunt Riders in the same row. The Trio stops working.

Trantyn;n8604370 said:
Also, not sure if it's a bug or not, but don't put 4 Wild Hunt Riders in the same row. The Trio stops working.

Well, it's not trio anymore if there are four cards. So probably correct?

What about the Ice Giants only buffing themselves 1x? So their max value is only 10. If you spawn multiple frosts, it only counts once.

el_Bosco;n8604950 said:
What about the Ice Giants only buffing themselves 1x? So their max value is only 10. If you spawn multiple frosts, it only counts once.

Frost Giant is no longer a silver card but bronze. Kinda obvious they're not gonna work like that anymore. But what I don't get is that they're not weather immune and can take damage from frost. That's complete BS.

I am playing wild hunt and soo far soo good but maybe because i am just starting i have a winrate of 70%
Indeed Nithral feels weak maybe if they add 2 more power soo he atleast survives a thunder
Also most of the silvers and golds dont work with this deck

I was playing wild hunt but upon reaching level 3 and being able to mill i was able to create a devour deck that seems to be holding up. thing is im a little annoyed because they have compleatly changed the harpy egg breed combo im guessing two op?

Optimal decks are still being figured out. I think everything is very viable at the moment compared to the last patch we were running; it just takes a bit to figure out.

monsters def got nerfed to hell. consume got beat down a bit which is sorta ok, but weather.....damn. Weather decks were cheap in closed beta, but instead of nerfing, they made it non existent. I was looking forward to playing weather once you had to work at it to win, but that deck is broken. Even if you try to play it, the cards only work 1/4 of the time.

Well it's the end of the day for me. I still feel like Northern Realms and Monsters are the weakest (for now). Most of my games are against Nilfgaard and then other Scoiatel. I saw one guy playing a wild hunt deck who was using epic and legendary weathers which made it viable. Even playing that way I just don't like wild hunt.

I don't play monsters, but, nevertheless, I noticed that something is wrong with them... It was much more difficult to play against them before, but they had some element of surprise and I never knew what to expect of them. But now it's all gone. They spoiled this deck the same way they did it with Northern Realms.

I still find wild hunt card pretty fun to play now that there more option to play with, but Nithral definitely needs a boost and i find Eredin a bit iffy, like unless your committed to use the wild hunt then this hero card is gonna be somewhat useless when your go for a different play style. also....

alexandr22;n8607580 said:
I am happy no more consume decks!
...where not out of the playing field yet >:3

I thought thar Wild hund monsters are imune to biting frost but they got nerfed :(
Consume also got nerfed...

I started playing with Wild Hunt (game made me to do this) and I was 9/0 w/l yesterday with more than half of the games played vs ppl that achieved rank 15 in closed beta (there was also one top 100). This deck is not so bad :)

MajekX;n8608820 said:
I started playing with Wild Hunt (game made me to do this) and I was 9/0 w/l yesterday with more than half of the games played vs ppl that achieved rank 15 in closed beta (there was also one top 100). This deck is not so bad :)

Wait till ppl build their decks and then you'll see. Scorch and Gigni is gonna have some fun with your Wild Hunt Rider trio and Frost Giants.

​​​​​​Then there's Navigators that only summon bronze wild hunt units which is much worse than NR's scout that summons ANY bronze unit.

And Nithral dying in 1 shot, having no resilience nor being affected by operator is just sad.

As for Wild Hunt Hounds and Wild Hunt Warriods.. I don't have an opinion on them.

Top Bottom